No contact tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jospurs

Reaction score
Hi

I have just purchased creative no contact tips, they are very thin. Do i still need to blend the file line.

Never used these before and just a bit concerned.

Thanks in advance

Joanne

The performance tips don't need blending and the shine has already been removed...HTH

Hun, these tips are fantastic! I got them in my Creative intro pack, how good are they!!!?

I bought some cheaper tips to practise on that need the wells removing and blending so I get experience of that but the Performance tips are so much better.

As Bagpuss said, you dont need to blend as the shine has already been taken off.

Happy tipping :)

Just a question on these tips.. ( hope you dont mind)..... are these avaliable in clear?... if i was to put these on a server nail bitter would you be able to see them?...
thanks

Or would I have to use cover pink?..
thanks

the performance tips are available in white clear and natural. I think they are quite good for using on nail biters as they tidy up their smail line which is normally a bit ragged and to short to file. but nail biters usually have short nail beds so i tend not to use the white on them
hth's

Hi hun, found this for you :)

You could also ring Sweetsquared and ask :)

Hope this helps. xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am still a bit confused. If i dont blend then wont i see the thing line thought the acrylic. The nails I have are the natuaral one.

Jo x

Hi

I am still a bit confused. If i dont blend then wont i see the thing line thought the acrylic. The nails I have are the natuaral one.

Jo x

Yes you will if you're doing a natural nail so it's probably best to use Velocity tips instead, which are still good for nailbiters, and you can blend the tip in.

You could always use a custom blend with the Performance tips which would lengthen the nail bed and won't show the line.

HTH's. xx

Just to say that although performance tips don't need blending i cant see any reason why you cant blend them if you want to.

Just to say that although performance tips don't need blending i cant see any reason why you cant blend them if you want to.

bagpuss is right...you can blend them...... and they blend super fast (just a few strokes). Just to add as well with the natural tips i dont think the line is that noticable if you are using them on short nails anyway as they are slightly opaque if you know what i mean.

Hi guys, this is a great thread, as I am waiting for mine to arrive, I used one from a sample pack that I had the other day and it was fantastic. Are they new?? Or have I just had my head in a box for the last 6 years?? Certainly don't ever remember using them before.

Newish....:lol:....they are my all time favourite tip.

ok...here the silly question comes...hope u dont mind..

how do I apply no well tips and no contact tips? I understand I wont need no blending but where does it go on the nail?...

If you could refer me to another similar thread I would also appreciate...THANKS!:)

Well I have just started using them, I found it fairly easy to apply just a little adhesive on the tip and then apply to the free edge of the nail, obviously keep the free edge short for the application. When you use them it is kind of obvious where to place them if you know what I mean. Just practise a little and you will see. Hth's

Hi

Jo x

I don't blend them at all and I use the natural colour tips for natural looking nails with perfect pink. I just adhere the tip on the natural smile line and it blends itself into it. There is no noticeable line.
They look lovely and natural.
On nail biters I use the same method but use one of the coverage pinks

mmmm...have to say I havent tried yet ..I will get some to play with...but wasnt shown at my course so I thought Id find out before I make a mess...and find the tip underneath the free edge!!..lol

I am sure it will become obvious once I start practicing...:irked:..lol

thanks

Correct me if Im wrong , but I thought I read on here somewhere the other day that Peformance were for clients with a free edge already and Velocity were for clients with no free edge?

I've used them on all sorts of nails...:lol:....i think they are very adaptable because they are so flexible.

Latest posts

Back