No Lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulgirl

Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Sandra and I'm from Portugal. I am a newbie nail tech and have been reading all your posts for quite some time now and learnt lots!
I recently purchased a product called No Lines that is supposed to disguise lines when you do a fill in. Have any of you used this kind of product and does it work? I haven't used yet because I wanted to know people's opinions first and maybe someone could explain to me how we apply the product?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Soulgirl

I used to use lineout, but I found it made the next service harder, :irked: as I had not fixed the lifted area just disguised it! So I no longer use this.

Hope this helps.

Julie

Thanks Julie.
Can anyone else give their opinions?

I used to use a product called Line Out by NSI.....same principle as No Lines.

It never really worked properly, you could still see the line so I gave it up as a bad lot, found this site, read, read and read some more (try the rebalance tutorial) and now I don't need this type of product anymore because I have learned to rebalance without leaving a fill line at all.

You'll get there too!

The only way to get rid of the infill lines its, to remove all not adhered product........
Line out, no line or any other make is only diguising the line, it can lead to yellowing so you get that horrible 2 tone effect.............
Better way to get rid of the line is to remove old unadhered product.................

Here is what Samuel wrote himself about this product........
04-07-04, 01:24 AM
The Nail Geek
Grand Master Geek

Im not saying its a shab product, all I am saying is that there is a downside to how it works.

A 'fill line' is a small ledge of lifting that comes about from either nipping, or not evenly blending out lift.
'Line remover' type of products are essentially cyanoacrylates (i.e. tip adhesives) resins that 'run' under that little ledge that was not removed correctly in the first place.
This floods that area, making it translucent and BAM... no more line is visible. SO yes... it does work.

However... that area that you dumped a bunch of adhesive down was not sanitized. Yup... you can not effectively remove oil, moisture, or reduce pathogens in that area... so what happens? What happens when you stick product, or tip adhesive to an area that is not properly prepared?
Heres another thing:
Cyanoacrylates are simple polymers... (single linked) and are substantially weaker pound for pound than cross linked (or even reinforced cross linking) systems.
A nail enhancement that has had line removers applied throughout the lifetime of the service will be a nail enhancemnt that is essentially 'glued' on, with countless 'lines' of cyanoacrylate resin running through it. Therefore, it is bound to be less strong.
Also, since the adhesive is being applied to unprepped areas, it is far more likely to 'pull away' from the nail and promote bacterial infections.

This is not a slight on NSI's product or people... They have good products and good people. This is simply my experience with clients that have had line removers applied in the past. IMO the most effective way to remove lines during a rebalance is to buff up to them... not cover them.

Hope this helps explain my reasoning
To remove the fill line: Use a 120 grit file, file from the adhered coating towards the lift in a circular motion.......... any not adhered product will flake away, refine with 240 grid.

HTH

Thanks for that Ruth, I had bought this product as well although i havent tried it yet, i wont bother now

thanks

Lucia
x

Thanks a lot for all your answers, I didn't believe it much anyway.
Maybe that's why I never tried it...and have it for more than 2 weeks already.
I'm glad it wasn't that expensive, otherwise I would be very mad right now.
Better safe than sorry. :p

Latest posts

Back