No show, invoicing them cancellation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicalkayles

Reaction score
Hi guys, so in 10 years I have never charged someone for cancellation or no shows and I am generally very understanding/too nice but today I have had enough. Won't bore you with the full story but this particular client has really taken the mickey and I have decided that I want to invoice this no show appt from today, the first time I've ever charged anyone. I know I probably won't get the money from her but it's more to make a point to be honest and to outline my cancelation policy, so I just wondered if any of you have gone down that road before and if they actually paid or just disappeared? Guess I also needed a mini rant lol.
Thanks xx

🌻

I have a cancellation policy, and am also too nice, but have actually had clients who have offered to pay the 50% charge which is great - I also had one who offered to pay the 50% and the commission that my daughter lost because of her cancelling!

If she really has annoyed you, I would try and phone her and say "Unfortunately, because of the lack of notice for your appointment, there will be a charge of XXX. Please can you forward this payment as soon as possible. I'll pop an invoice in the post".

I would personally do this when I know there will be no answer, but that's just me!!!

Alternatively, just put it in writing. You'll soon find out how much she values you!!!

Vic x

Do you have her email address because if so you can send her a paypal invoice.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great advice squidger thankyou, I have called and left a voicemail and will be issuing the invoice tomorrow, thought I would sit on it tonight so I can think what to write. Just got to that point today where I'm so fed up of people who take the mick, trying to earn a living here! The ones who offer to pay cancellation are the most genuine and the ones you would be least likely to charge, typically lol x

Salj I don't have her email address but that is a great idea for future thanks x

🌻

Personally I would leave it. If she tries to book in again just advise you need a non-refundable deposit. Saves any animosity but will get your point across loud and clear :)

I don't do this, but wouldn't it be an idea to take 20% upon booking! then make sure they understand they'll lose it if they don't show.

Chasing £15 cancelling fee is not worth it IMO, far better to put your time to better use.

Latest posts

Back