"No Show" - there's always a first

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
So I get this withheld number on the phone asking the price of an unusual combination of waxing. I give him a price and he says he'd be right round.

I explain that since I'd not had any other appointments this afternoon I needed some time to get my pots hot and I would see him in an hour and gave him directions.

Yeah - I know I should have asked for a number - but he caught me off guard with his unusual request. I did have a funny feeling on the phone - but put it down to his nerves. I went to work and set up the couch, put the pots on and waited. I waited until ½ hr after his appointment - but guess what - he never showed up.

It's sad, but since I can't waste 1½ hour for every no-show - I have vowed that I will always tell new customers presenting withheld numbers that I am just finishing off with another customer and I will take their details and call them back in 5 minutes.

That way at least I get a real name and number when I call back, and if they're faking I don't have to go and set the salon up!

Is there any other tips wiser geeks can offer?

Thanks, Jason

Latest posts

Back