Lady doing, hair and lash extensions with no qualification! What can we do about it??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgemgem

Reaction score
Ok, so I used to rent space in a little hair and beauty salon and I have been a qualified hair extension technition for 8 years And hairdresser for 11 years and the woman who owns the little salon is a beauty therapist not a hairdresser, anyway I left there and opened my own salon and I have just found out that the beauty therapist is doing hair extensions on clients (charging more than what I charge) I'm so angry about this as she has only learnt to do them thro watching me do then, she has no qualification, it's ppl like this who give hair extensions a bad name, she used cinderella and Verlock! If I call these will they stop supplying to her or am I wasting my time?? Is there anything I can do!???

Not really. Suppliers are only interested in selling their hair, so won't blacklist her for you.

100% she will screw up. In your heart, you know this.With the best will in the world non hairdressers are amateur at hair. You know this as well as me. People will have problems, it is inevitable.

She will not be able to steal, or hold onto your clients. They are used to a surefooted pro hairdresser. There is a million miles of difference.

All of us will keep our fingers crossed that this dopey dabbler gets her bum sued off xx

Not really. Suppliers are only interested in selling their hair, so won't blacklist her for you.

100% she will screw up. In your heart, you know this.With the best will in the world non hairdressers are amateur at hair. You know this as well as me. People will have problems, it is inevitable.

She will not be able to steal, or hold onto your clients. They are used to a surefooted pro hairdresser. There is a million miles of difference.

All of us will keep our fingers crossed that this dopey dabbler gets her bum sued off xx

Thank you, I hope so because she also does cluster eyelashes with permanant glue she has no qualifications in lashes and one of my clients had hardly any of her lashes left after having this done, she calls it last extensions and charges £15 she also is doing nail extensions, she can do them and they look good but shes never had professional training, I just cant believe this is allowed, it really bothers me as I have spent so much money on courses etc for myself,

ok, if she is not properly qualified she is not properly insured! i no this as a so called beauty therapist with her own salon has just been done for this!!! she will defo cock up, u have nothing to worry about but i understant its annoying!:green:

May be worth a call to trading standards.

I would suggest trading standards. I dont know the law on this, but if she has no quals, then she would have no valid insurance. speak to them and they are sure to advise you.

tigi

I know of a couple of women who are doing this,and theres nothing you can do,apart from educating your clients on what to look out for when choosing a technician for there chosen treatment.It really makes my blood boil!

I just try to look at it from the point of view that im making money out of all the removals that ive being doing from there clients,and there shoddy work only makes me look even better,
I just feel sorry for the poor victims that these cowboys get there hands on!

dont let it get to you too much hun,just think of the law of karma,
they will get there come uppance
x

dont let it get to you too much hun,just think of the law of karma,
they will get there come uppance
x
Yes i believe in Karma but i reckon these cowgirls probably putting off some of our potential clients for life!!!
Many may find us trained and professional hairdressing extensionists but i guarentee just as many potential loyal clients will not consider hair extensions again!!!!
GRRRRRRRRRR:mad::irked:

anyone can set up as a hairdresser and start trading, but they will not get insurance and probably not get contents insurance either.

If they don't care about doing treatments without training, why are they going to be bothered about whether they can get insurance or not?

If and only if someone decides to sue them will they come unstuck, but no doubt will know the system well and get a free legal team!

It does make you sick, but it is up to us to act like true professionals, not badmouth anyone (as its in our code of practice) and act with dignity.

My friend ran a small spa and she trained her staff up in the treatments that she was trained in, she reckoned that they would be covered under her insurance as (in her words) as long as someone on the premises has had training then all are covered. I don't know how the law stands on that, and am sure when the staff leave will still continue doing treatments that they haven't got certificates for and are not insured to do.

Latest posts

Back