Non strip wax for legs-cost effective?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi
I've just had a quick play with my wax PR Ocean and Euroblonde.

On my first couple of goes i feel that I'm better with the non strip, but it is probably down to lack of practice.

If i did chose to go with non strip for legs would it be cost effective or is strip wax really that much better?

When I did my training I used strip wax for both legs and sensitive areas (eyebrow, lip, under arm, bikini) but ive since hear that non strip is better for sensitive areas- I'm now wondering if I could just have one wax

Any opinions would be great

Thank you x

Yes you could use non-strip on legs but personally I don't think you will find it cost effective... not only will it take a LOT longer, it's also more expensive to use non-strip on an area compared to strip. I'd also think it's probably not as effective on areas like legs as strip wax... Unless the hairs were quite coarse at least.

Whilst you can use non-strip in some areas liek eyebrows and under arms I personally would recommend you keep practising with both and make sure you have 2 heaters. If you struggle applying the strip wax can I ask what brand you're using and what the exact problem you're having is?

They are both great waxes...

If you choose to go onlyN/S waxes for legs then you would need to charge a lot more to cover both the extra time and also the cost of the Euroblonde as you would use loads and then you would probably find that most clients who opt for a cheaper therapist/salon..

I am changing my website and I am offering both a back wax and a chest wax with hot wax as well as strip wax, as I have a few clients who currently have these anyway and for these treatments I am going to charge a lot more as I need to cover product cost, I generally charge 50% more and some clients are happy to do this , but most prefer the cheaper strip wax option.

If you can get to a discovery day you could try out the whole range of the strip waxes and see if you find any of these easier/better than CO.

I also use only PR waxes and I like the Nacree Blanche for leg waxes its an oily wax and some people prefer this to the Cristal Ocean that you are using at the moment. I much prefer this on legs and chest hair.

HTH Jack

They are both great waxes...

If you choose to go onlyN/S waxes for legs then you would need to charge a lot more to cover both the extra time and also the cost of the Euroblonde as you would use loads and then you would probably find that most clients who opt for a cheaper therapist/salon..

I am changing my website and I am offering both a back wax and a chest wax with hot wax as well as strip wax, as I have a few clients who currently have these anyway and for these treatments I am going to charge a lot more as I need to cover product cost, I generally charge 50% more and some clients are happy to do this , but most prefer the cheaper strip wax option.

If you can get to a discovery day you could try out the whole range of the strip waxes and see if you find any of these easier/better than CO.

I also use only PR waxes and I like the Nacree Blanche for leg waxes its an oily wax and some people prefer this to the Cristal Ocean that you are using at the moment. I much prefer this on legs and chest hair.

HTH Jack

Hey Jack,

What is the benefit of an oily wax - I am wondering if I should know the answer lol

Hi Jacquelineanna,

I find that the oily wax grips the hair better and it feels more oily rather than sticky and the skin feels a bit better afterwards.. I get better results on legs with this rather than CO, especially guys that have a bit more body hair.

Jack

I only use hot wax on my own legs………because I'm worth it:)

If you want to offer the choice, you need to charge about 60% plus more. I don't see the point though as strip wax is perfect for legs.

Hi Jacquelineanna,

I find that the oily wax grips the hair better and it feels more oily rather than sticky and the skin feels a bit better afterwards.. I get better results on legs with this rather than CO, especially guys that have a bit more body hair.

Jack

Interesting .. So better adhesion to the hair means less likelihood of breakage?

I am going to try it out.

Ta xx

And Kim ... I wax my legs with hot wax cos I'm worth it too :hug:

Have you tried the wax Jack mentions?

Interesting .. So better adhesion to the hair means less likelihood of breakage?

I am going to try it out.

Ta xx

And Kim ... I wax my legs with hot wax cos I'm worth it too :hug:

Have you tried the wax Jack mentions?
I have tried it and love it but I do great with the two waxes that I use. Lovely Jack used to be a chef so he's great for studying ingredients. I'm not that clever;) x

Latest posts

Back