Northern Ireland geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious2013

Reaction score
Are there any Northern Ireland geeks left? Just been on the group but it hasn't been used since 2012. Have they all left the geek land? Lol :)

Im here :) I didn't realise there was a group? x

I'm from Northern Ireland too.:)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using SalonGeek mobile app

Ohhh where are you all from? I'm in county Armagh xx

I didn't know there was a group! I'm still here and from Carrickfergus

Only qualified in Beauty in December, so trying to find work :( which is hard, don't have the confidence to go out on my own yet lol, how about you? x

Im from Co.Down, I'm working in Lurgan at the moment but I am leaving to go to a Salon in Stranmillis. Excited :)

Im in Tyrone and a mobile spray tannist and nail tech. How is business with u all? I just started Up last November! But gradually getting regular customers.

I currently do hair extensions from home, and things are OK. Like you Ive not been doing it that long, only about a year. I only do it around my full time job though so I'm busy enough. I have stopped advertising as on the odd occasion I have done I get bombarded with messages, and with me working full time its too much for me to take on! I'm leaving my full time job though soon, as its in security and I am joining a hair salon as a trainee hairdresser at the start of next month, so excited about that I cant wait. I'm also doing my NVQ L2 beauty part time, I love it! Booked in to do my Gelicure course with Euro Products so that should be fun :)

I thought about doing l2 in beauty beauty at the local tech but by going by a few ones that have already done it the first year was basically learning how to wash ur hands and eyebrow tinting and waxing! So that put me right off. If there was a course just for waxing I will probably just do that instead. I work full time as well and do tanning and nails after work. I would like to be a lot busier than I am but it takes time. Have u any helpful hints on promoting ur business. I have a fb page but was thinking of putting up a few posters in a few of the local shops to see how that helps.

I'm just doing my L2 Beauty as the basics really, as some of the things I want to offer require me to have the basics before I train in them. E.g. I am booked into do my Gelicure training, and I needed a manicure certificate to enable me to do the course. Plus I think its beneficial to start at the bottom, and learn all the basics as a foundation to build on! My first year is over, I went with SERC and we covered manicure, pedicure and waxing. I enjoyed it! This year we are covering Eyebrows, facials and makeup. As I do it part time, everyone in my class is adult, and were treated that way. It also means I can do my level 3 also if I want to train further.

I did all my advertising through facebook and gumtree. Did one paper advertisement and it didn't work for me. I think facebook is the best! Keep undating your status everyday with offers, or comments on products, or free appointments. When people like or comment under them it then becomes visable to people who are not your friend.

Ive just moved to Hillsborough in co down from scotland, long story but loving it so far. Got such a lucky break in a salon here and lovinh everything.... well apart from making new friends I really want them and I really try but just nothings coming of it! =\ but suppose if thats all ive got to complain about then things arent that bad are they?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in Belfast,also doing my L2 and going into the second yr.work full time Monday to fri, then do waxing,mani pedi and reflexology in eve and wknds,still finding it hard tho to gather interest as lot ppl wanting gels.
Starting to offer spray tan in few wks so hopefully that will bring some opportunity!any advice welcome;-)

Ive just moved to Hillsborough in co down from scotland, long story but loving it so far. Got such a lucky break in a salon here and lovinh everything.... well apart from making new friends I really want them and I really try but just nothings coming of it! =\ but suppose if thats all ive got to complain about then things arent that bad are they?

How are you getting on with the salon? Where did you live before?

How are you getting on with the salon? Where did you live before?

Lived in scotland just outside Edinburgh. Getting on amazing in the salon im in. Honestly feel the luckiest person alove to have the opertunity that I do. I rent a space in the salon of the NI calgel educator and without her I wouldnt be half the person I am. Shes so supportive, friendly kind and gives me so much responsibility (left me in charge when she went to paris 2weeks ago) this is my first full time nail gig and it couldn't be going better.
Where do u work?

Lived in scotland just outside Edinburgh. Getting on amazing in the salon im in. Honestly feel the luckiest person alove to have the opertunity that I do. I rent a space in the salon of the NI calgel educator and without her I wouldnt be half the person I am. Shes so supportive, friendly kind and gives me so much responsibility (left me in charge when she went to paris 2weeks ago) this is my first full time nail gig and it couldn't be going better.
Where do u work?

Sent you a wee pm there xx

I'm only 15 mins from Hillsborough! Drumaness xx

Latest posts

Back