not having your home address on yell.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to get a free listing on yell.com but it makes you put down your home address. i am a mobile nail technician, has ne 1 else had problems with this and how have u got round it?

Thanks very much!

Hiyah

I have a listing on yell.com and I omit my house number and leave in the name of my close and location and obviouslytelephone number, I do this also for the yellow pages too.

If need be contact yeel.com and they should help :)

I had my add in the yellow pages and they told me I had to have my full address in my advert:rolleyes:

hi there,

Im considering advertising in the yellow pages as my car is sign written with my logo and tel numbers and worry that if an interested customer misses their chance of jotting down the no: they have no other way of getting hold of my number as i have no web site as of yet!!!

As for having my home address in the ad never bothered me as it printed on the back of my brochure...........is this not good, have me worried now!!!

Also how do you know if the ad brings in enough business to cover the cost of ther ad each year?

Also how do you know if the ad brings in enough business to cover the cost of ther ad each year?

ASK THE PEOPLE WHEN THEY PHONE YOU HOW THEY HEARD ABOUT YOU.

I personally don't have a problem with my address being in the yellow pages, The only bad experience I had was about 10 years ago an elderly hairdressing client kept coming to my house 'just because she was passing!' late at night she would bring her gentleman friend and we couldn't get rid of them:rolleyes: we got as though we darent answer the door in case it was her!!!

Oh my god, thats so funny. Hee Hee xx

It's never been a problem for me having my home address on my advertising - I actually think it gives reassurance to prospective clients that you're not some fly-by-night rip-off merchant. Put yourself in the shoes of a customer - would you ring to make an appt with someone who only had a mobile phone and no address?? I wouldn't. I like to know that anyone I'm paying for a service is a legitimate business.

hth's

i agree, i always put myself in the customers shoes. sometimes think would i book a stranger to come to my home and not know who will be turning up. that is why i made sure my leaflet looked really professional (with address) and got my car sign writted so they new they were going to recieve a profffesional treatment.

Latest posts

Back