Not loving non-surgical facelifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petit Basque

Reaction score
I really hate to admit this but I really don't enjoy doing non-surgical facelifting and find that I am not promoting it as much as I should :sad:

I don't have any complaints about my Carlton Ultra-Visage and find it to be an excellent and very versatile little unit but I find the 30 minutes of "lifting" where you are grabbing the muscles and holding 10 seconds at a time really boring and repetitive. I'm feeling very tempted to remove it from my treatment list at the moment.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same or if there are other types of non-surgical lifting machines that work in a different or less time consuming way??

Any suggestions anyone??

PB
x

When I did it at college we all found it a boring treatment maybe find something else that you can replace it with that you find more interesting ? :)

It is boring bat**** boring but it works well as a layered treatment I use it with rf x

It is boring bat**** boring but it works well as a layered treatment I use it with rf x

Hi AS

Yes, I do the same and use RF with it....for a bit of versatility if nothing else lol!

I just wondered if others felt the same or if I just need to "man up" a bit :D

Just curious if there are any other machines out there that either work quicker or in a different (and hopefully less boring) sort of way.

PB
x

Aaargh! Just bought my microcurrent machine!!! I do some treatments that I find boring, and just hoping that, with this, the results will be so fab that I won't find it too boring. Have already sold several courses, so might have to employ my daughter full time to knock out the microcurrent facials!!! Will let you know!

I have the Apilus VitaDerm. I just put the electrodes on and let it do its thing for a half hour!

Micro-current treatments can be boring, but there are machines that do shorter, but just as effective programs, that are more interesting.
I tend to vary my facials to suit each client and use different equipment, but micro-current is the bread and butter of my business and the majority of my clients live an hour+ drive away but re-book religiously every month.
Lynne's machine sounds good. I have the Apilus Electrolysis machine and their equipment is brilliant, so might take a look at their micro-current in the future?

I have the A-Lift machine and I hate doing it. Hate, hate, hate it!
Takes me 75-90 mins for a treatment and I tend to talk people into having a different treatment. So no, it's not just you!

Micro-current treatments can be boring, but there are machines that do shorter, but just as effective programs, that are more interesting.
I tend to vary my facials to suit each client and use different equipment, but micro-current is the bread and butter of my business and the majority of my clients live an hour+ drive away but re-book religiously every month.
Lynne's machine sounds good. I have the Apilus Electrolysis machine and their equipment is brilliant, so might take a look at their micro-current in the future?

Would you mind me asking what microcurrent machine you have, how you actually use it (probes or electrodes) and how long the treatment takes??

PB
x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ah thank you......don't feel so bad about it now !!

PB
x

Def not alone! I always think its a long process moving electrodes and listening to beeping not my fav past time!

Would you mind me asking what microcurrent machine you have, how you actually use it (probes or electrodes) and how long the treatment takes??

PB
x

Hi PB
I have the Guinot HydraLift2. Each side of the face takes 10mins with probes and the results are fast and excellent. I have used lots of different machines over the years, Perfector, Caci and some from lesser known companies, but achieve the best results with the Guinot equipment.
The main consideration, you have to take on their products, which is an expensive outlay and I am not sure if they supply smaller salons?
I have used them for the past 20yrs, along with many of the main brands, so have a long relationship with the company and had several of their machines working flat out, when I had a salon. Clients are very loyal to the brand and in my experience travel far to get the treatments.
However, you do need to be aware (my personal gripe :irked:), there are companies selling Guinot products online well below the rrp, which makes retail a struggle for the business.
I also do the Hydradermie2 and about to take on diamond dermabrasion and RF on your advice - thank you.

Ya know something?
We pick up new customers every blimmin week telling us the same thing; that they're fed up of losing retail sales to online competition.
I wonder if there is any mileage in therapists complaining en masse to their suppliers about this?
We absolutely will not allow SwissDermyl to be sold online, and we will terminate a contract if we find it being so sold.

My apilus machine takes about 20 to 30 minutes and uses sticky electrode pads. I could go off and make a cuppa if I were so inclined! Obviously I don't though!

I also do the Hydradermie2 and about to take on diamond dermabrasion and RF on your advice - thank you.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure.....I have found that the two work beautifully together.

Sadly as a home based therapist I doubt that Guinot would give me a second look which is a shame as I like their products and their microcurrent unit sounds fab.

Ho hum.....will have to find ways of keeping myself entertained whilst doing non-surgical facelifting!

PB
x

I am not familiar with the Carlton machine (although I do like the brand), but wondered if you could say do 1/2 the facial then put on something like the Faith Lift Mask or do some RF, then return and do the other 1/2............ etc?
I remember having the Caci/Perfector machines in my salon and yes an hour of micro-lifting was mind numbing - although popular with the clients and profitable to perform.
Another machine, I had in the past was Carita - I think that was fairly quick and interesting to perform, but again expensive products, if my memory serves me well!
Not sure about the Guinot policy, but there are a few mature experienced Therapists working from home around the country and I wonder if they look at each individual set up? In my opinion, the Guinot Lift machine is 'as good as the Therapist using it'. I have had salon treatments with hardly any result. Their equipment and training is amazing and my Clients claim they are addicted..........

I looked into Guinot some time ago, and was told their minimum requirements was a two room salon with two full time therapists! There are lots who will supply great products to home therapists - just not Guinot!

I am not familiar with the Carlton machine (although I do like the brand), but wondered if you could say do 1/2 the facial then put on something like the Faith Lift Mask or do some RF, then return and do the other 1/2............ etc?
I remember having the Caci/Perfector machines in my salon and yes an hour of micro-lifting was mind numbing - although popular with the clients and profitable to perform.
Another machine, I had in the past was Carita - I think that was fairly quick and interesting to perform, but again expensive products, if my memory serves me well!
Not sure about the Guinot policy, but there are a few mature experienced Therapists working from home around the country and I wonder if they look at each individual set up? In my opinion, the Guinot Lift machine is 'as good as the Therapist using it'. I have had salon treatments with hardly any result. Their equipment and training is amazing and my Clients claim they are addicted..........
I will pm you...

PB
x

We use Caci in our salon and I find the lifting so so boring. On Sat I did two Caci facial and at the second one I felt like I could faint cuz I haven’t moved for so long. lol

Latest posts

Back