Not sure what else to do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*gorgeousnails*

Reaction score
I started my own home salon up about a year ago when i moved to a new house. It was going great to start with and had new clients coming every week and kept returning for infills.

But now its dead hardly anybody is returning now and i have no new business, (most of the clients i did have say they just cant afford it anymore), i have advertised everywhere and anywhere my prices are very competitive (nearly the cheapest in the area), i have done leaflet drops in the surrounding villiages and always have my nails looking nice incase someboby spots them.

I am not sure what else to do as i think i have tried just about everything, i am in quite a rural location but didnt have an problems getting new business to start with.

Is it time to call it a day or do you think i should carry on?

Any help/advice would be great.

x x

Seems like you are doing all the right things hun, one thing which I am about to do is go to the big businesses in the area and offer 10% off for all staff for a year is there anywhere near you, you could do this with just to get some new clients in the door? xx

Do you have a website?
Do you just do nail extensions?
How about offering the new Shellac (if you dont already), so you can offer a Shellac manicure to your natural nail clients?
How about sending a voucher or special offer to all your old clients.
What about renting a nail desk in a busy hair/ tanning salon? Or working part time for a salon (so you have a stedy wage coming in)?

Keep your chin up, :D x

How about offering the new Shellac (if you dont already), so you can offer a Shellac manicure to your natural nail clients?

This is fab advice, if you bring in a new treatment to your salon and then let all your old clients know about it (the shellac rack came with a free offer of personalized post cards for you to mail to clients ,
You could do an intro offer,
Have you got a face book page ? This could help to , and it will remind people that your there.
Another thing is schools summer fairs will be coming around again very soon , try to get your self a stand doing something , could be glitter tattoos , mini manicures , kids nail art , selling retail items or even just donating prizes, (one of my best clients won a free treatment with me in a local raffle shes in at least 2 times a month now ! And if you do the school fair , give a card/ price list to each customer.

Do you have a website?
Do you just do nail extensions?
How about sending a voucher or special offer to all your old clients.
What about renting a nail desk in a busy hair/ tanning salon? Or working part time for a salon (so you have a stedy wage coming in)?

Hi thanks for your reply,

Yes i do have a website and update it regularly with offers ect....
Yes i only do nails extensions and have a couple that just have a file & polish on their natural nails, do you have to have trained with CND to be able to offer and buy shellac?
The voucher sounds like a great idea i will get onto that right away.
I have looked for desks/rooms to rent but have had no luck and there are no jobs in my area either.

Thanks everyone for all yor help :D x

Hi

Was reading this thread and I dont know if you use or could use a loyality card? This would keep people coming back to you so they can build upto a free treatment after so many visits? What about NUS and OAP discount (prob showing my newbie status I dont know if OAPs have their nails done lol) How about a quartly newsletter? You could email it which would be free.
Sorry if repeating just using my previous (general and not beauty specific) sales experience.

Hope it improves for you.

Claire

Yes i do have a website and update it regularly with offers ect....
Fantastic! Add your website address on here on your signature strip, so it comes up every time you write a reply on here. Can help add more traffic to your website.
Also if you havent already add your website to all the free listing site (do a search on here for more information if needed)
do you have to have trained with CND to be able to offer and buy shellac?
No! If you are a qualified beauty therapist/ nail tech, then you can get in touch with sweet squared and order your Shellac kit. If you can paint nails you can do Shellac it is very easy, and where it is only 6 weeks old, you could be the first in your area to offer this. :D

Sounds like getting a new treatment,like Shellac and approaching businesses, old clients etc. with discount offers is your best bet, the extended discount period is good to encourage loyalty

Click the link in my signature for a free directory listing

Hi Kelly, wondering where you are based, i had a look at your home page but cannot see an address. xxx

Why not try and train in something else like waxing (if you have the room to do it) which will increase your knowledge base anyway and may bring in some new and regular clients?

Give me a shout if I can help with training.

Latest posts

Back