Nouvatan or Suntana?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBeautica

Reaction score
Hi I know this has probably been asked a thousand times and I've been through previous threads and the article at the top.

I've recently saved to do a spray tanning course, nouvatan seems to be a popular choice. I've emailed them and seems to be coming out a little over my budget. I looked at suntana last night and like the fact they have different smells for there tans and more reasonable on price. Can anyone give my anymore advice on both? I also work at a local salon part time and my boss uses tantrick tan? I'm wanting to train and offer tanning as I'm mobile too.

Thanks x

Personally I find Nouvatan & the wear off better than Suntana.

Suntana has great customer service & price but when I trialled it on my regular tanning clients, the 1st few days they loved it... By day 4 they had all text to complain (well give feed back) saying it hasn't faded but come off looking patchy. If you use the search bar on here & search Suntana wear off, think you will see quite a few geeks have had similar problems.

They have tans most weeks so know the prep/aftercare off by heart.

I was disappointed as Id just ordered a litre of solution after their initial positive feedback.

I then trailed Nouvatan & the results were good.

It is my back up if I ever get in a pickle over stock with Fake bake which is my (& my clients) favourite tan.

Xx

Last edited:
I use Suntana have only tried that and LAtanning, i prefer LAtanning when buying equiptment they always have amazing offers on! i am tempted to buy the new glam kit because its so cheap and sack my trusty loving machine lol. I have had 1 complaint and she said that her legs did look brown enough? she has 8% she isnt going to look that brown lol but because shes a regular i went and topped her up (and it was her 30th!) suntana forever for me!

I use Nouvatan and have tried Suntana but found the fade off not as good and it felt very tacky until wash off. I also thought the colour wasn't as good and nor was the guide colour. You can't beat Nouvatan and the customer service is excellent. I don't think it's expensive either when you work it out per tan. The difference would be pence.

Love my Nouvatan :) fab product, can't recommend it enough. Xx

Thanks for all the feedback. I was even considering waiting til Olympia but don't know if i can wait that long :biggrin:

I use Suntana and Nouvatan and love them both. I have lots of clients who love Suntana and wont use anything else and I have others who are the same with Nouvatan. I've never had any problems with the wear off of Suntana but would say that Nouvatan is a bit better in this respect. Saying that, I and a lot of my clients prefer the colour of Suntana. It's more of a brown tan where Nouvatan is a golden tan. Both very good solutions though.

I tested most brands when I started out and Suntana was the best by far! Lovely smell, applies evenly, develops into a beautiful tan and wears off well :) good price too!

Does the smell of the suntana solution stay scented on the skin or does it fade quickly?? XX

It only smells when u r spraying it. X

Latest posts

Back