Nouveau lashes all fallen out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOS14

Reaction score
Hi, I had a corner set of lashes applied on Thurs for a wedding on Saturday, I was told by the therapist they will last for approx 2 months, when I got up on Friday quite a few had fallen out on both sides. I went back to the salon and she re-applied them, this is now Tuesday and nearly all have fallen out. I am due to go for an infill appointment next week but don't really see the point as I am sure they will all be out by then! I am really disappointed as I was really pleased with the effect they gave and they were quite expensive. Has anyone else come across this. I have done everything I was told by the therapist, no rubbing eyes, no oil based make up remover etc. Thanks for any advice. x

Hi, I had a corner set of lashes applied on Thurs for a wedding on Saturday, I was told by the therapist they will last for approx 2 months, when I got up on Friday quite a few had fallen out on both sides. I went back to the salon and she re-applied them, this is now Tuesday and nearly all have fallen out. I am due to go for an infill appointment next week but don't really see the point as I am sure they will all be out by then! I am really disappointed as I was really pleased with the effect they gave and they were quite expensive. Has anyone else come across this. I have done everything I was told by the therapist, no rubbing eyes, no oil based make up remover etc. Thanks for any advice. x

Hi there, is it possible in the 1st 24-48 hours that;
. You went swimming
. Took a hot shower/bath
. Were a little too rough when washing
. Applied your normal mascara

Have your own natural lashes fallen out with the extension or just the Extension?

Try and re-trace your steps and you may find any of the above could've caused them to fall out

I would be inclined to think that the glue is out of date. If the glue is out of date or has been opened for longer than 3 months then it doesn't last very long.

I was told by the therapist they will last for approx 2 months,

I would be concerned that you have been told they'll last 2 months. More like 2-4 weeks with the appropriate care and depending on your lifestyle. Every 2-4 weeks you'll have lost about a third of the lashes and if you've just had the corners done, you'll probably notice them dropping a lot more as you wouldn't have had many to start with (not like getting a full set).

Are you also making sure you are not getting any moisture near them for 24-48 hours. This means water, steam etc. Maybe the glue isn't setting properly.

Hi, I did have a shower the morning after they were put in as had a spray tan but most of the lashes had come out on my pillow. I wasn't told to not have a shower/bath and I specifically asked if it was ok to use mascara and was told yes as long as I didn't rub it off which I didn't. Thanks

it's not ok to use normal mascara, it contains oil and this dissolves (for want of a better word) the glue.

Hi, I did have a shower the morning after they were put in as had a spray tan but most of the lashes had come out on my pillow. I wasn't told to not have a shower/bath and I specifically asked if it was ok to use mascara and was told yes as long as I didn't rub it off which I didn't. Thanks

Its okay to have a shower or a bath, but it's best to avoid quite hot water/steam as this can hinder the adhesive. Mascara could be a big factor too.
hth x

Thanks for everyones replies, I am really dissapointed in the lashes and the aftercare advice given by the therapist as I wouldn't have used mascara but as I said previously I specifically asked if this was ok as I had a wedding to go too. Might try a different company the next time as I was really pleased with them for the whole one evening they were in!

Did you use moisturiser? Fake tan or apply anyother cream, facial wash that contains oil all of this could effect the glue.

It also may be that a number of lashes were applied to your own "young" natural lash and they could not handle the weight of it or they were applied to your "old" where your natural lashes were at end of their cycle and have naturally fell out.

The thing is you don't normally notice your natural lashes falling out but when there is an extension stuck to them they are alot more visible to see when they fall out! So sometimes clients think they r loosing lashes!

Didn't use anything around my eye area, it was the extensions that came out not my own lashes, could see the blob of glue on the end. Quite a few of them almost looked like they weren't properly attached to the end of the hair so I think it was most probably the application of the lashes which dissapoints me even more as I thought I went to a good salon. Well, you learn by your mistakes! Thanks again for the replies. x

hello you have already answered your own question
if they were all out by your pillow id say you were having a little or big rub rubs in your sleep, this is not unusual its normal for some people, we never know what we do in our sleep. supply eye masks marks n spensers do some fab one sexy xxx or tell them to tie their hands behind their back before bed lol

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I've just had a similar experience with Nouveau Lashes. I had a full set applied for the first time and loved them. I went back to the salon almost 2 weeks later to have them checked and a few more applied, but after that I had nothing but problems with them - they seemed to be falling out at a rate of knots and felt really really uncomfortable. After a week I could bear it no longer and had to get the remaining lashes removed (although there were hardly any left by this stage). The therapist could shed no light on why this happened, so I'd be interested if anyone here has any suggestions.

They've also left my natural lashes in very poor condition so overall I'm incredibly disappointed with the whole experience!

Are you taking/recently taken any medication as this can effect the life of the lashes? Were the lashes applied too close to the skin? As the lash starts to grow and pull away from the skin, this could make them feel uncomfortable and fall out. With regard to poor conditioned lashes, I recommend investing in RapidLash. The one and only time I've had lash extensions, I couldn't resist the urge to pick and pull at them leaving me with pretty much bald eyes! I've been using RapidLash daily for about 3 months and my lashes are the longest I've ever seen them! X

No, I'm not taking any medication W00bear. It does sound like they could've been applied too close to the skin from how you describe it, but I went to a reputable salon and I know other people who get their lashes done there with no problems so I'm quite perplexed by the whole thing really. And totally gutted, as I loved the look of them.

Thanks for the tip about RapidLash, sounds just what I need, I'll definitely give it a go :) xx

Latest posts

Back