Now you got me interested in tanning !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttons

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I'm waiting to do my creative course. What a long wait it is as well - April !!.
I'm spending a lot of time browsing this site and seeing what you fellow geeks are up to and taking note of advice given.

Being a single mum It is fab to hear so many ideas that will fit in with my life style. I'm self employed at present and love the freedom but hate the job (cleaning business).

I'm a quaified beauty therapist and always been interested in the industry but circumstances made it be pushed further and further back.

I am now making a determined effort to get out there and do !!!

I'm signed up to do creative, starting Virgin Vie next week and now ...... interested in nail art and especially tanning as I can see a high demand in my area.

Sorry for this being so long. I jus wondered what you thought ? (if too many fingers in too many pies).

Also what is the best way of getting into tanning? i.e training courses, suppliers.

Thanks for listening to me babble yet again. and thank you for the warm welcome received last time x

hiya, you sound like me 2 years ago, i have now trained with ceative, but not this christmas last i decided i needed to do tanning, thought it looked easy but then i thought nails looked easy and boy was i so wrong. if i was to sart again i would do nails and concentrate on them, i wouldn't bother doing anything else to start with you have so much to take in being a nail technician, i am still learning every day 2 years on. but saying that i enjoy spray tanning but it's not half as popular as nails. just take ya time and enjoy yourself.

jan x

chanails said:
hiya, you sound like me 2 years ago, i have now trained with ceative, but not this christmas last i decided i needed to do tanning, thought it looked easy but then i thought nails looked easy and boy was i so wrong. if i was to sart again i would do nails and concentrate on them, i wouldn't bother doing anything else to start with you have so much to take in being a nail technician, i am still learning every day 2 years on. but saying that i enjoy spray tanning but it's not half as popular as nails. just take ya time and enjoy yourself.

jan x
Hi,

I'm sory but i don't agree with Jan, i think it is good to have another string to your bow especially in today's market. i agree that you will still need to continue with your nail training to improve and keep up with trends etc, but if you can offer something else this may target other clients who may not necessarily interested in nails.....or better still, i have found as i have been doing nails i have brought up the fact that i have been very busy with my airbrush tanning. I have found that i now have clients for nails who also will have an airbrush tan. You can still practise your nail art in your spare time untill you feel confident to do it on the paying public...practice on your kids!!
I have the Su-do airbrushing system and attended their training which was included at the CND acadamy in Manchester...she also went though the basics of airbrushing nails for me as i also bought that kit to.....!!

Another point...my last honest.

i have a bigger profit margin with the airbrush tanning as i do with the nails.
I charge £20 for a tan which takes approximately 15 mins to apply, and £30 for a full set of french L&P or gel which can take upto 2 hrs......work it out...you now what i am getting at!

This is my opinion anyway, but you will need to be good at what ever treatment you are going to do if you want people to come back.

HTH Let us now how yu get on

Latest posts

Back