NSI Balance finish gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic122

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with nsi balance finish gel? Just opened a new pot and it's really runny and when curing it's shrinking and leaving holes, so instead of being smooth and shiney, it's dull in patches where it's shrunk. Which then means me having to file it off and try again!!

Is it just a one off? Or are any of you having the same problem? Would be grateful of any feedback, it's costing me valuable time which I dont have much of at this time of year! x

all gels shrink, are you wrapping it round the edges and holes is down to your application it must be a bit uneven hth :hug:

Yep applying it in the same way I've always done, just started having problems with balance finish. I used to use light fantastic from nsi and never had any probs. so runny too, it's almost water like!

i`ve not used light fantastic only balance gels ,the finish clear is quite runny try curing it a little longer and maybe applying slightly more.
ah just thought! are you wipping before you apply i always leave the previous sticky residue on when i apply the finish gloss so it doesn`t run :hug:

I use Balance gels............and the Finish gel is on the runny side. I always apply it initially in circular strokes, then smooth it out, obviously making sure it doesn't touch the side walls etc. This usually gets over the problem of dull patches where it has "missed". I also cure it for a full 2 minutes.
HTH
Martine x:hug:

Have you checked your bulbs in your lamp? Just a thought re dull patches

I had this problem where it was holey etc and it was because I wasn't wiping thoroughly after filing and leaving dust on the nail. Even a small tiny amount will affect the finish gel. Make sure you put plenty on without flooding the nail and ensure that the client has not touched the nails before applying the finish, I always do one hand file n finish gel then while it is under the lamp i do the other hand, this makes sure that they dont touch em!!!!

Also I had one client that i did at her house and she insisted on chain smoking and I always had this problem as the smoke leaves oils on the nails I think. Now she only smokes when I tell her she can and no more problems with her.

HTH
Rachel

Hello,

I'm also having issues with that gel. The end result is not shiny at all. I swipe it with the NSI cleaner, the UV bulbs are ok and I tried various ways of applying it with no successful result so far.

Switching to Glaze&Go is a way to fix this. I tried with another similar finishing gel and everything was perfect.

we also have problems with their finish gel. I've stopped using it all together and now I use the One-step to finish the job with instead. works like a dream.

I have never been able to get a brill shine with the one step. I would call NSi and explain the problems, maybe a duff batch of finish gel?

I am sure they will help you all.

Rachel

i`ve not used light fantastic only balance gels ,the finish clear is quite runny try curing it a little longer and maybe applying slightly more.
ah just thought! are you wipping before you apply i always leave the previous sticky residue on when i apply the finish gloss so it doesn`t run :hug:

:o
sorry i do this when using it on toes!

Thank you all for you input x

Latest posts

Back