NSI Balance -V- Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
After purchasing the NSI Balance trial kit & training video, I now feel confidant to charge for this service, BUT - there's just one draw back - I havn't had to do any gel fills or removals, and as this is a buff off gel i'm really worried about how I go about this. The training video covered nearly every imaginable aspect of application, but NOT removal. How can I offer this service if I can't remove it?? On the practise sets I have done the application is fantastic - no lifting, yellowing, or breakages. Where do I go from here? I like the fact that buff off gel is stronger, and won't melt in acetone (great for me) - but i'm just so worried about nail damage during removal/fills. I think I should invest in some 121 training, BUT I don't know whether to switch to BRISA before I go any further with NSI? What do you think? Also, do BRISA have a non soakable gloss topcoat in their range? I hope to make a decision to coincide with GMEX, but would VERY MUCH appreciate any advice, pro's & con's of each system..... :?:

Hi, I havent used Brisa so i cant comment on that, but i do use NSI Balance and I love it! I must say I was over the moon with the try me kit and I feel confident as you do in charging for the service (cant say that about l&p yet). I went straight out and bought the bigger 14.2g tubs! THEN I FOUND OUT IT DOESNT SOAK OFF!!! :eek: . I thought 'Oh no! just when i thought i'd found the answer to my prayers'

Needent have worried though :D . I managed to buff off a set on myself only today! when you think you are getting close to the natural nail go more carefully and eventually i used a white block buffer for the last little dregs of gel...came off lovely!! it actually took me less time than soaking off l&p.

why dont you try it out on yourself just to see? I was really worried about it but not any more! hth x

Hi Sherrie,

Thanks for your reply! I feel a little less worried now. A lot of times the things you're worried about seem so much bigger until you realise your not the only in the situation! Perhaps I WILL stick with NSI after all...

I love NSI Gel and find it strong, durable and looks great even after 3 weeks!! It's a buff off gel so just keep filing until you're nearly at the base then soak that last bit and it should come off quite easily!!!

I've never used Brisa so can't comment on that, but CALGEL is amazing!!!

Hi

I have just purchased the Brisa Professional kit. Got it on Monday.
I have done a couple of nails on myself, i get terrible lifting usually, its been on since Monday night and there is no SIGN OF LIFTING AT ALL!! I am suitably impressed :D .
It looks like L+P with a gorgeous glossy shine. The pink is lovely, the white sculpting gel takes some getting used to but i have never used a gel that is SO white and that you can get a really good crisp smile line on.
I have tried a few other gels too, i must say so far SO good with Brisa.

I have done a tip and overlay, she has her tips mega long SO it will be a big test on the strength, and a full set of sculpts on a hairdresser so we shall see how it holds up. :|

Now i'm confused! Both systems seem to have plus points. Do Brisa do a small trial kit?

Sara Satchell said:
Now i'm confused! Both systems seem to have plus points. Do Brisa do a small trial kit?

Hi

No but if you get the profesional kit you get the lamp free. Its a really cute lamp, lots of good design features in it. Best thing would be to have a nail put on at the show one of each so you can see for yourself which one is best.
Also take into consideration any training on offer (you can buy the kit and the training isnt a lot extra) back up support, cost ect.

I think Brisa is resonably priced, well it is to me i am used to LCN and Biosculpture prices mind :rolleyes: its a good quality product.

Plus the training is excellant.

don't think the lamp is free anymore :(
That was a limited time offer (though you may want to call and check if you are interested). However, the kit+lamp+intro kit is at an excellent price.

And as Little Angel said... there is no trial kit. The reason for that is because you must use the lamp. CND would rather not sell the product if it doesn't get used with the lamp. It means lower initial sales, however I quite admire the approach ;)

As Little Angle said... check out both systems at a show if you can and make a decision based on what will work best for you. Technology wise, both systems are very different and one may work more for you than the other.

Hi mr geek

Dont like to but in :o but i bought it on monday and the lamp was included in the prof kit.

The Nail Geek said:
don't think the lamp is free anymore :(
That was a limited time offer (though you may want to call and check if you are interested). However, the kit+lamp+intro kit is at an excellent price.

And as Little Angel said... there is no trial kit. The reason for that is because you must use the lamp. CND would rather not sell the product if it doesn't get used with the lamp. It means lower initial sales, however I quite admire the approach ;)

As Little Angle said... check out both systems at a show if you can and make a decision based on what will work best for you. Technology wise, both systems are very different and one may work more for you than the other.

The deal was to last for whatever stock we had left from the show. Count yourself lucky ;)

There may be more... but I doubt there are many more left :D

I love the Brisa, it gives me L&P Technology in Gel form..............
I rest my (brush) case lol xx

Will the offer be repeated at Gmex? Also, what IS the price of the prof kit (it's not in my Creative brochure), and the training isn't detailed in my training booklet either...?

Ruth - what type of client would you recoomend Brisa to, and why?

I would recomend Brisa to clients that like the idea of a hypoallergenic product, solvent resistant, non yellow and great colour stability, no odour...........Clients that have not had such great results with wearing Fibreglass or L&P, for what ever reason.....
They are usualy new clients that have tried other systems and have been let down.........

I have a lot of city clients that like to swim a lot............
I have found that Brisa suits those the best....... solvent resistant, so it is very hard wearing........and couple that with solar oil and its fab....
I have rebalanced L&P with Brisa, as long as you remember to file prep with a 180 grit file and cap the free edge it works a treat............

In the past:
I hardly ever did Gels in my salon due to product let downs.
The soak off ones where to rubbery, discoloured very quickly and where not durable enough, more like paint on rather then placing them and working with them, if you can understand that ??? Took forever building a nice apex........

Then I tried other buff off ones............still wasn't very impressed..... Then tried Brisa, took the conversion course and have never looked back........... Brisa is R+ in gel form, I trust the results I get with R+ and I certainly trust the results I get with Brisa.........
HTH

Am I right in thinking Brisa is a Soak Off Gel?

At the moment, I am suffering terribly with contact dermatitis. If any drop of acetone, scrub fresh or monomer touches my skin I can be sure of open and cracked fingers the next day. And no matter how careful I am - I always end up touching the products at some stage. Is it viable for me to work with latex gloves - or would you recommend a complete system change over to Brisa as it is Hypoallergenic? I would be bitterly disapointed if I ever had to give up doing L&P....

Hi Sara
No love, Brisa is solvent resistant , therefore it is a buff of gel.................
I would use Nitril gloves not latex............ latex can make things worse not better..........
Brisa is hypoallergenic but this still means , keep it away from soft tissue and work smart..........avoid over exposure on you or your client.............dont touch uncured product with your fingers...............

All enhancements Fibreglass, Gels and L&P are from the Acrylic family, so there is always a risk of developing allergic reactions if you dont follow the rules...
Works safe, keep filing dust to a minimum, don't lean in filing dust, dont have a fan agitating the air, have a filter that will extract....just a few pointers........
HTH

This is my first reply guys!!! Sooo excited..... I started off by training with LCN and their 3 stage gel system. 1 yr later and I am still having problems.....3hrs per set and they are still lumpy:o . Then I went to the show at Excel last September. I bought CNDs Brisa Kit and quite honestly I have never looked back. It is simply a breeze to use!! I even feel confident enough to charge for the services now. The white gel takes a bit of practice though - same as l&p I suppose. To begin with I committed the heinous :eek: crime of using white nail tips and putting the gel on top. I know CND say not to do this because the product may not be able to cure all the way through. However, I was desperate to have lovely smilies and never had any trouble with doing it this way. Now though I use the gel. Would thoroughly recommend this gel system to anyone considering one.

I've tried countless gels in the quest to find THE one that I want to stick to and I must say that Brisa comes first with Gel It a very close second. I prefer the consistency of Brisa, but I also like the colour selection that Gel It gives, so at the moment I'm torn.

I tried Balance, but wasn't too keen on it, although it was a long time ago now and I can't remember why! Both Brisa and Gel It have lovely shiny finishing gels.

As there isn't a trial kit available, would it be possible for you to have a set of each applied to yourself and see which you prefer?

Jackie

JackieMc said:
I've tried countless gels in the quest to find THE one that I want to stick to and I must say that Brisa comes first with Gel It a very close second. I prefer the consistency of Brisa, but I also like the colour selection that Gel It gives, so at the moment I'm torn.

I tried Balance, but wasn't too keen on it, although it was a long time ago now and I can't remember why! Both Brisa and Gel It have lovely shiny finishing gels.

As there isn't a trial kit available, would it be possible for you to have a set of each applied to yourself and see which you prefer?

Jackie

Hi Jackie,
I am in excatly the same boat as you. I am looking for the gel of gels lol
I have just got Gel It and find it really nice to use, I will also be getting brisa and then I will decide. Know ing me I will use both lol

JackieMc said:

Jackie

Its like you read my mind Jackie...i feel just the same, i love my Brisa and cannot find fault, i got the Gel It as i wanted some varity in shades of pink and white, which i know are comin soon with Brisa. I can't wait ..xxx

Latest posts

Back