NSI Endure Base Coat / Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainDrop

Reaction score
Hiya, can any NSI users help clarify please? :)

Is the Endure similar to the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel in that, you apply a layer underneath the Polish Pro to add strength? How does it remove, is it soak off?

Is there anyone who has used this and could shed some light please?

And on a side note, how do you find Polish Pro? (if you happen to use that as well)

Thank you

Hiya, can any NSI users help clarify please? :)

Is the Endure similar to the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel in that, you apply a layer underneath the Polish Pro to add strength? How does it remove, is it soak off?

Is there anyone who has used this and could shed some light please?

And on a side note, how do you find Polish Pro? (if you happen to use that as well)

Thank you

In my NSI catalogue it says that it goes under the polish pro instead of the polish pro basecoat and is for people with thin weak nails who need some additional strength - so it does sound like BL smoothing gel. I don't know if you can use it with tips. It cures in 90 secs in 36watt uv lamp and soaks off. Sorry I can't be more help. I think wooshka on here is the polish pro expert so hopefully she'll be along to comment. X

In my NSI catalogue it says that it goes under the polish pro instead of the polish pro basecoat and is for people with thin weak nails who need some additional strength - so it does sound like BL smoothing gel. I don't know if you can use it with tips. It cures in 90 secs in 36watt uv lamp and soaks off. Sorry I can't be more help. I think wooshka on here is the polish pro expert so hopefully she'll be along to comment. X

No, thank you that was a great help, couldn't find it it soaked off or not :) thanks again

Anyone else please? Could really use the info, thanks

Does no-one have experience with these products??

It's a relatively new product I think. Bought in for people to wear under the polish pro gel polishes who need more strength. Have you had a look at the nail angel site as they may have more info or even a video of it?
I'm surprised you haven't had more responses to your query actually! X

Oh shucks, thanks Waffle:)

Sorry Raindrop that it has taken me so long to respond.

Yes, Endure is of similar concept to Brisa smoothing gel, NSI bought Endure out many months before Brisa SG but they are pretty much the same thing.

Endure is used for clients who have bendy, flaky, weak, chipping nails, it helps to smooth out ridges and helps to offer that little bit of extra strength to those clients who need it.
Yes it does soak off just like Brisa SG and yes, it is used as base under Polish Pro or you can use it on it's own as a NNO.

Soaking off for me is adding about an extra 10 mins if used with Polish Pro over the top.
I do buff off most of the color coats to just have the Endure coat to soak off, a regular PP soak off takes about 10 mins on it's own.
So both products together is about 20 minutes, on their own is about 10 minutes of soaking time.
If I use 2 layers of Endure I find it takes about an extra 5 minutes max.

I have used Endure as one layer to give a little extra strength and fill in slight ridges and I have used it using 2 layers and both work fine.

Yes, NSI say it can be used with tips, however this product is of a thinner viscosity than say, a body builder gel, so yes it can be used in the same manner but it is suggested to only be used when doing short enhancements. I am yet to use it for this purpose on clients, however I have done so on myself and while they lasted fine, due to the thinner viscosity, it was too much work to build the layers up, build an apex up to make sure I had a well balanced nail, so I will not use it for this purpose but I used loads of it with my PP services.

You do not need to soak off each visit, you can re-fill, so you just buff off all color coats, prep as normal, re-fill growth area and re-apply PP color coat.

As for Polish Pro, I love it:)
I have found when techs complain about it, it's because the tech is causing the issue or the client, not the product itself.
I love the fact that NSI have the Renew product to accompany the PP line, because we all know that gel polishes do goop up over time as the solvents evaporate, so NSI thankfully listened to the issues about this and did something to fix it and help us tech, get full use out of a bottle V's them ignoring the problem, pretending it's in the imagination of the techs who use the products and telling us to shake the bottle better or arm it up between our thighs etc etc. It's a fact of life they thicken up over time, so Renew fixes this and I have never found any problems with service breakdown when I have to use Renew, which is not often but I love knowing it's there is I need it.

Doing a correct and thorough prep is one key with any gel polish including Polish Pro, just buffing the cuticle off and removing shine will not cut it.
Also using NSI products along side of the Polish Pro line, is crucial too.
As with any decent company, PP was made and tested using all NSI products, like Cleanse, Nail Pure etc, so it's just common sense that if you want to get the best out your products, then use then how they are meant to be used, as an entire system.

I have not had any problems with PP and the couple of times I have had client back trying to complain that it was PP's fault, it wasn't.
Had one just last week, she is a regular, I applied new color and next day she rang to say that a few had peeled back from free edge.
I gave it some thought, I knew my bulbs were fine, I knew I had done everything normal and then I went over our chit chat in my head of things she said during the service and remembered she said she was cleaning her bathroom straight after our service.
Yep, when she came in for repair I asked her did she wear gloves and nope, she didn't....so of course the harsh cleaning chemicals are going to eat away at the Polish Pro and cause peeling. She knew she had done wrong and happily paid for the repairs.

I have found PP lasts up to 3 weeks on many of my clients and some go 4.
I have the entire color range and so far there is not a color yet that has caused me problems or been yuck to apply, they all apply lovely.
Removal is easy, I use the foil method, I buff the surface first to break the seal with my Endurance buffer, wrap and anywhere between the 8 to 10 minute mark, the Polish Pro has soaked off. I never use any kind of tool to push any stuck product, if there is still some stuck, then just re-soak cotton pad and re-soak for another minute or so and give nail a good wipe and it all comes off.

I honestly don't know why PP is not more popular, like with many products, I think it got a bad rap in the beginning cause techs were blaming the product instead of themselves or clients for the issues they were having.

I have clients who work for a well known beauty brand that makes regular polish, they hate it because it chips badly after one day, I was asked if I could match the colors of their range, I did and now these ladies all use PP but it looks like their own brands polish but it lasts for 2 to 3 weeks.
I know it's sneaky but hey, it's their risk not mine:)

I hope that helps:) if you have any more questions, just ask:)

Wow wooshka! After that brilliant informative reply you've definitely cemented your status as the polish pro expert on here ;)

Thank you Waffle for recommending I wait for Wooshka to appear ;)

And Wooshka...thank you so much for taking the time to reply with such informative and helpful information, it's helped me so much.

Do you happen to have any pictures your would be willing to share of the PP services you've done showing some of the different colours? I'm finding it hard to find 'real-life' swatches haha.

Can't thank you enough, much appreciated :hug:

Also, forgot to ask...have you tried using mica / additives / foils on the inhibition layer of PP, if so, does it work ok?

Thank you

I don't usually take pics, I don't have facebook etc and don't advertise myself as such anymore. I have enough clients on my books and the new ones I get, come from word of mouth, so I don't bother with worrying about taking pics to plaster everywhere:) I don't want to be any busier than I am, I had a bad car accident last year and my body does not wish to cooperate with me anywhere, so sadly, making myself any busier would nearly kill me I think:)
But, I will try and get some for you, is there any particular color or colors you are curious about?
I am waiting on my delivery of the new Sweet Dreams collection, this is all pastels and I already have clients lined up.
The last collection I added to my stash was the Bright Nights and this is all neon colors and OMG! they are bright:) I wasn't sure how my clients would take to it but many of them have, thank goodness.
I don't know if you can get the same collections over in the UK or not.

If there is only one color out of them all that urkes me cause it is so different to the color on the bottle and the on online swatches is the Apres-Ski from the Ski Bunny Collection. On the bottle it looks like a beautiful pale pinky apricot but it's a totally sheer nearly clear and you have to get it in the right light to actually see the slight pinky apricot color. I have used it with 3 layers and still it doesn't add anymore color but, I find this color great for my ladies who don't want or can't have obvious color but want something and it's actually getting some good use much to my surprise:)

No I haven't tried additives as yet but I have tried foils and have had no problems with them.
I use glitter and again, no dramas. Glitter french seems to be the latest thing my clients are wanting. I use different methods depending on the finished look they want, I will use a color from the Accessory line, straight glitter or I will mix glitter with top coat.
I do carving, color layering, rhinestones and crystals and again, no dramas.
I've used teeny craft feathers too and had no problems either, I've pretty much tried everything, either on myself or clients and had no problems.
My clients don't call for a lot of really fancy nail art and it's not something I promote hugely but when it is requested, I have no fears of using PP for anything.
As I said, it boils down to how the tech uses it, if a product is used exactly how it was manufactured and tested to be used, then it will work, no decent company is going to release a product that isn't up to scratch.
I think to many techs try and jump outside the box too quick with nail art before they have the basics of the product down pat first and know how to really use it correctly and make sure this is going smoothly before jumping into crazy nail art.

As with all the gel polish brands, applying thin is the key and if you find that it's a bit too thick to apply thinly, then Renew is your savior but only a couple of drops at a time.
Oh! another key is, do NOT cap the free edge with the color coat, just cap with base and top.

Wooshka, your knowledge and advice are priceless and have been taken on board :)

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, please don't go out of your way to take pictures for me, I trust what you're saying that they are a good formula and coverage, and (mainly) the colour to be expected from the bottle (apart from apres-ski) lol.

We seem to have the same collections in the UK but have to wait a bit for release too, the new pastel collection looks gorgeous, and the bright nights was the other one I was curious about and caught my eye (how could it not?!) and you've covered that so thank you.

With the endure, do you prep the nail, gently remove shine then apply? Will it go on smooth or does it need building and shaping?

Do you use acetone to remove or do NSI have a specific remover?

These are the last questions I promise, you've got me all excited about it, I have a good feeling about this :)

Thank you!

NSI Endure sounds great, so went straight onto NSI website to order........ but it's Out Of Stock! :cry:

I'm at Birmingham for BeautyUK trade show next Sunday so really hoping they have it there. Fingers crossed x

I bought the polish pro base, top and a few colours and this is "kiss on the lift" with "save the date" layered on top on my daughter. Save the date is quite sheer on its own but lovely layered. Hope that helps

This is 2 coats of vipink

Wooshka, your knowledge and advice are priceless and have been taken on board :)

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, please don't go out of your way to take pictures for me, I trust what you're saying that they are a good formula and coverage, and (mainly) the colour to be expected from the bottle (apart from apres-ski) lol.

We seem to have the same collections in the UK but have to wait a bit for release too, the new pastel collection looks gorgeous, and the bright nights was the other one I was curious about and caught my eye (how could it not?!) and you've covered that so thank you.

With the endure, do you prep the nail, gently remove shine then apply? Will it go on smooth or does it need building and shaping?

Do you use acetone to remove or do NSI have a specific remover?

These are the last questions I promise, you've got me all excited about it, I have a good feeling about this :)

Thank you!

You are welcome:)
Ask what you want, I'm happy to help.

Yes, you prep exactly the same as you would for PP application but if you use Endure, you do not have to use the PP base coat.
yes, it goes on smooth and thin, I use a gel brush to apply. If the client needs extra strength, use 2 layers of Endure curing in between each layer for 90secs in your UV or 30secs in LED. I have used both UV and LED to cure and as expected, both cured and lasted fine.
As I said, because of the thinner viscosity of Endure, it is to much work to build the apex to use for enhancements but if you were prepared to flash cure to avoid losing your apex shape, then try it and see what you think.

I use NSI acetone for all my removals of all my soak off services, I don't seem to have any problems with it drying out the nails or skin and causing any issues. Of course there is temporary dehydration but it's exactly that, temporary:)

I'm happy to get some pics for you.

Waffle, I don't know if you agree or not but a pic just doesn't show exactly how bright the VIpink is, does it? I didn't think it would be as neon as it is until I actually saw it in person.
The Blue Velvet Rope is the most popular out of this collection with my younger clients and I've even had a 50+ lady wear it, which really surprised me. I thought the VIpink and Hot Orange were going to be the most popular, it just goes to show that clients can be unpredictable sometimes.

I agree wooshka the vipink is a true in your face neon. My 16 year old daughter loved it!

Thank you both once again :hug:

Good to see PP getting some positive attention.

Waffle, the bluey colour underneath the sheer colour looks quite sheer itself because I can see the free edge slightly, is the colour supposed to be sheer or is it the flash of the camera do you think?

Thank you both once again :hug:

Good to see PP getting some positive attention.

Waffle, the bluey colour underneath the sheer colour looks quite sheer itself because I can see the free edge slightly, is the colour supposed to be sheer or is it the flash of the camera do you think?

Why so you can, never noticed that before! It's actually a lilac colour and it was opaque so it's my rubbish phone camera's fault as you couldn't see the free edge in real life as it was totally opaque and totally lilac ;)
So hard with low resolution cameras/ pc monitors to get a true likeness. Maybe google polish pro swatches and you might find some better images (anything should be better than mine lol)
I mainly use shellac but as I use NSI hard gel I decided to get a few polish pro colours and I have to say they are lovely. Hth xxx

No, your application is beautiful, this happens a lot with camera flashes, just thought I'd check :)

So hard to find swatches online, I have no idea why this isn't a more popular brand for gel polish judging by your and wooshka's positive feedback. But good to know.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back