NSI Endure Base Coat / Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just letting you know have done the swatches for the Sweet Dreams collection and will post them up asap:)
I haven't forgotten about it, just been busy.

Just letting you know have done the swatches for the Sweet Dreams collection and will post them up asap:)
I haven't forgotten about it, just been busy.

Wheeee can't wait :D are you pleased with them?

Wow thanks wooshka! I want a few colors of The sweet collection but if i buy The entire collection its really a good deal!!
Also can you recomend me a good neutra color from polish pro ir gel that hace a great coverage in a few coats pleaseee not sheer!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back, I had to wait for my son to help me upload them, reduce the pic size etc and he's been working a lot but we finally managed to both be home at the same time.

Pic 1 & 2 & 3: NSI Sweet Dreams Polish Pro Collection
Shooting Star applied over plain color pop (bottom ring) and then
over Ebony (black, top ring) this is a clear with teeny glitter and then larger bits of glitter. The glitter on the plain pop is showing pastel pink, silvers, golds, purples etc but over the black pop, it's showing emerald greens, blues, purples etc. It is a different effect for each pop. I'm yet to try it over the actual colors in the collection or other colors.

Pic 4: Nudes, neutrals that are not sheer. Two middle colors are Sedona's Got a Big Ole Butte (#12) and Tennis Buff (#23)

Pic 5: Same nudes & neutrals but different angle. Left to right, Champagne Toast, Tennis Buff, Sedona's Got a Big Ole Butte and Greige. Tennis Buff is showing pinkish but it's not in real life. The Champagne Toast has a pearl finish but it's not overpowering.
Greige and Sedona's Got a Big Ole Butte are my 2 most popular nude colors. I also will layer the soft white under Greige and this looks nice too.

Pics 6,7,8 & 9: Just other random swatches I decided to add in for the sake of it:)

Raindrop, yes I am pleased with them, I have one client wearing Calming Lavender and one wearing Dreaming of Blue so far.
The color A Mauv-elous Night is basically a in between color between Calming Lavender and My Sleeping Beauty.
They are all lovely colors and I am very happy to add them to my collection. I own all the PP colors now and out of them all, there is only that Apres Ski is the only one I'm upset about but it's got it's place, so I'll live:)

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 891
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 396
Wow wooshka you deserve a medal for all your hard work on this thread! This is all really helpful and I bet you'll convert a few people ;) x

Wooshka, you've been a star :) thankyou

Waffle, I was thinking the same about people converting ;)

You are all welcome:)

I did forget to mention, the color Dyed to Match (the yellow) is not actually that bright. The camera makes it look really bright, it's a much softer yellow/lemon than the pic shows, it's not pastel as such but not neon either, it is actually a nice yellow.....if you like yellows:)

The camera also didn't pick up the shimmer in some of the colors, the pics don't do the shimmer/pearl colors justice, plus I'm not a good photo taker anyway and this is a new camera that I'm yet too master:)

Hi just jumped on this thread, I attended the beauty UK show last weekend at the NEC and after much deliberation over shellac or polish pro I chose PP. I bought quite a lot of stock 16 colours actually and the day after I already had my first client request it. It was a disaster! I did a French using pink cashmere and blanca following the instructions to the letter. Less than 24 hours the client was back and rather angry that it had just peeled off! I range NSI who said not to cap colour coats - even though the instructions it came with said to cap them- and suggested I use either the balance bond or endure. I did some further researching SG with regards to issues with PP and I applied again using the balance bond and using a colour coat THINLY. I'm pleased to say it seems to have worked wonders and so far so good. The only thing I'm wondering is... Is it just me or when you apply the second colour coat does anyone else find that it seems to be a little patchy still, as in not achieving full colour coverage?! I tried this on myself and my mom using two different colours and found that only when I did 3 coats, that I was happy with the coverage. Any pointers? Thanks in advance and I'm really pleased to see a thread finally backing PP! :-D

Hi just jumped on this thread, I attended the beauty UK show last weekend at the NEC and after much deliberation over shellac or polish pro I chose PP. I bought quite a lot of stock 16 colours actually and the day after I already had my first client request it. It was a disaster! I did a French using pink cashmere and blanca following the instructions to the letter. Less than 24 hours the client was back and rather angry that it had just peeled off! I range NSI who said not to cap colour coats - even though the instructions it came with said to cap them- and suggested I use either the balance bond or endure. I did some further researching SG with regards to issues with PP and I applied again using the balance bond and using a colour coat THINLY. I'm pleased to say it seems to have worked wonders and so far so good. The only thing I'm wondering is... Is it just me or when you apply the second colour coat does anyone else find that it seems to be a little patchy still, as in not achieving full colour coverage?! I tried this on myself and my mom using two different colours and found that only when I did 3 coats, that I was happy with the coverage. Any pointers? Thanks in advance and I'm really pleased to see a thread finally backing PP! :-D

The only time I personally have ever had PP peel off was due to client fault, not PP fault. Ask the client some questions as to what she did after seeing you, what chemicals etc she might have used after seeing you and I reckon you will find your reason as to why it peeled off. She or you did something to break the seal at the free edge (maybe she filed the nails when she got home and this would break the seal and then eventually cause peeling too)
The only other times I have known it peel off is when the tech is not doing correct prep work or product has not cured correctly.

Are you using entirely NSI products? Are you using correct lamp? Are the bulbs ok?
The stock you bought must be old stock if it has instructions that tell you to cap all layers including color layers.

Yes, you will get patchy results if you apply too much pressure when applying 2nd coat, make sure you have enough product on the brush to cover nail in thin layer but as you are applying, don't press hard on the brush, just float it on, don't let the brush bend. If you feel the layer is too thin, gently float the brush down and remove product but don't keep going over the same area again and again.
I go down middle then one side, then the other and if need be, I will gently float to remove product.
Yes, you can use Balance Bond or Endure but if you use either, allow for longer soak off time. I would suggest to only use Balance Bond on the edges of the free edge.

What is your prep like? If you want to write down all your steps and exact products, then I can see if there is anywhere you could improve on.

As with any gel polish, they are not miracle products and we as techs are not miracle workers, the client can not expect to have any product applied and not treat their nails with good after care and this includes Nurture Oil, did the peeling client use Nurture Oil?
Here's a scenario.....she went home, filed the length of her nails down a bit and then used Nurture Oil, then cooked dinner and washed her hands with soap and water a few times, then did the dishes without gloves on, then after dinner went and had a hot shower and then after this, applied all her nightly/daily face lotions and potions....this will all lead to peeling.
Now lets go back to the start.....was the peeling on all her nails? Or just 1 or 2, maybe you didn't seal as well as you thought, maybe you didn't make it as thin as you thought and left thicker product at free edge and when she got home this thicker part chipped slightly and broke the seal and then she went on to do all the things above that I mentioned. Maybe you yourself filed the free edge slightly after application and broke the seal but don't recall doing it and again, she went home etc etc etc.

There are numerous things that can cause peeling but it's rarely the actual product if it's used correctly and cared for correctly and I have found after many many many times of looking further into situations like this, that is ends up not being PP's fault, it's the techs or the clients fault.

The only fault on NSI's part is, not making sure that all educators are giving out correct application info but at least we have SG where we can all come and find further trouble shooting ideas:)

Wooshka, do you know of a peach or coral colour in the range? Thanks

Hi again and thanks for the reply. I asked the client and she said all she did was go home and later on in the evening she showered and they just started peeling. Her nails were short but I took extra care to ensure I had capped the free edge on all of them. I only use NSI products when it comes to nails anyhow and I am always VERY thorough with my prep. I'm confident it isn't that, that caused any problems. I think that it may have something to do with the thickness of each layer I applied. The thing I found is that one persons idea of 'thin' is different to another persons and I worry that applying too thin will make the colour patchy. Having used the balance bond and only capping the base and top cotton my moms nails seems to have done the trick though, so far so good.

Just a quick question though... If you have someone with short nails and know it will be difficult to cap the free edge then what would you recommend? Would you apply tips? Do a gel extensions and then the PP? Recommend another service until they grow? NSI told me that you can use PP over natural nails or any other nail system. I hope I don't sound like an idiot but could you apply a tip, two coats of the endure as you mentioned that you've been known to do and then apply the PP over the top or would you need to do a full extension and then apply the PP? Thanks of your help in advance.

Wooshka, do you know of a peach or coral colour in the range? Thanks

You know what? There is not a peach or true coral but I'll have a play and see what I can layer and see what I can come up with.
Might have to put these colors on a wish list to NSI I think:)

Hi again and thanks for the reply. I asked the client and she said all she did was go home and later on in the evening she showered and they just started peeling. Her nails were short but I took extra care to ensure I had capped the free edge on all of them. I only use NSI products when it comes to nails anyhow and I am always VERY thorough with my prep. I'm confident it isn't that, that caused any problems. I think that it may have something to do with the thickness of each layer I applied. The thing I found is that one persons idea of 'thin' is different to another persons and I worry that applying too thin will make the colour patchy. Having used the balance bond and only capping the base and top cotton my moms nails seems to have done the trick though, so far so good.

Just a quick question though... If you have someone with short nails and know it will be difficult to cap the free edge then what would you recommend? Would you apply tips? Do a gel extensions and then the PP? Recommend another service until they grow? NSI told me that you can use PP over natural nails or any other nail system. I hope I don't sound like an idiot but could you apply a tip, two coats of the endure as you mentioned that you've been known to do and then apply the PP over the top or would you need to do a full extension and then apply the PP? Thanks of your help in advance.

No, your not going to push the client for extensions when they only want a gel polish service but yes, if they agree to having tips, then you can do it but you must make them very short as Endure is not like Builder gel and it just can't offer the same strength. Yes, you can use Endure with tips, you would apply and blend tips as usual, then apply your Balance Bond if you want to, then do 2 layers of Endure and make sure you add a little extra in the apex for strength and then go ahead with your PP color. Using tips is a way to help the client to grow out their nails a bit.
Remember Endure is in place of your base coat.

With really short nails, make sure your brush is not overloaded with produst so you don't get it all over the skin too much and apply backwards. So hold the finger and at same time use your thumb to pull down skin away from from free edge as much as possible, come in with your brush facing you and handle facing client and lay the brush down on an angle that is nearly flat and carefully swipe along the free edge to cap.
It's hard to explain, I know Holly (Fingernail fixer) has a video where she shows what I am talking about, go check out her You Tube channel.
Make sure you gently swipe down nail again to make sure there is no pooling of product at the free edge.
Even when applying the color coats, make sure you are always gently pulling the skin away from nail and if you do get any product on the skin, make sure to wipe it off before curing.

In regards to your peeling client.....I had to giggle cause this is exactly what my peeling client said until I really drummed her memory and really made her think of what she did straight after, from the minute she left me to the minute her nail peeled and it was actually me, who worked out what she did to cause it and the client did the "Ohhhh yer, I totally forgot I did that" trick.
Clients will play dumb, they will blame the product or tech before ever thinking they could be at fault, it's up to you to assist them to work out what they did wrong.
The other thing to look at is, was it all the nails or just one or two. If it was just a couple, were they the dominant fingernails/fingers, is this happening with all clients, is it happening on all nails etc etc.
If it's happening with all nails on all clients, this says it's the techs fault, if it's happening on the odd client and it's just one or two nails, it's the client.
I can guarantee you, it's rarely the products fault (if it's a decent, good quality product) because these products under go long and in-depth testing and if the tech uses it exactly how it's been made to be used and uses it on clients it was made to be used on, the product will do what it claims. Not everybody can wear gel polishes, they were never designed to be a "one glove fits all" product, they were designed and made for clients who have healthy natural nails.
Then other products like Endure came out to assist those clients who want to wear gel polishes but can't cause their nails are not in ideal condition but we as techs always have to remember, there is no miracle nail product out there that will cure problematic nails, is all we can do is, use the products to exact instructions, apply to correct type of client and hope the client will help themselves with good aftercare and this is giving the product every chance to perform to it's best but there are no guarantees because we don't control our clients after they leave our chair.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks wooshka for all you time to swatch and share with us and all your wisdom!!! :)

Hi again so I tried the pp again on my sister in law. Natural nails, used the balance bond and thorough prep (dry work only) it don't know why but its already chipped on one, they seem to be pitted which weirdly only occurred when I apply the top coat... This has happened every single time I've used it. On every person. Also I keep mentioning the colour seems a bit wishy washy I've included pictures. Please someone tell me what's going on

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104392.995628.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104392.995628.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 140
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104414.871488.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104414.871488.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 132
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104442.233548.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370104442.233548.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 122
Hi again so I tried the pp again on my sister in law. Natural nails, used the balance bond and thorough prep (dry work only) it don't know why but its already chipped on one, they seem to be pitted which weirdly only occurred when I apply the top coat... This has happened every single time I've used it. On every person. Also I keep mentioning the colour seems a bit wishy washy I've included pictures. Please someone tell me what's going on

Hiya, I could be wrong but it looks like your client has actually broken the tip of her nail and that is why the pp has come off, was that the case?
Also, you say you performed a dry prep, is there any chance you could be scraping or pushing too hard with your tool? This could cause the pitting, especially if it's metal. Or does your client naturally have pitted nails? Sorry, not trying to question your techniques, just trying to help find an answer. Do you have the endure base coat? That may help

Latest posts

Back