NSI gel lifting only on white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenailangel01

Reaction score
sorry guys another lifting problem, right i have only used natural looking tips and a client is asking for white tips next week so ive done mine, my sisters and my friends nails in white tips but all of them are lifting at the tip ive never had this problem with the natural coloured tips, i do my prep to a T i also file the tip to take the shine off its just like the gel wont adhere to it and its mainly in the corners, i even put gel on the very edge of the tip, im not doing anything different im just using white tips, the tips that im using (white) are by edge nails do you think its the brand of tips or me lol, i just cant understand as the nails are perfect when i use natural colourewd ones.

any help will be brill as my heads in bits over this one.

cheers guys

I would be just hazarding a guess at this as i am only newly qualified, but could it be a problem with the gel not curing properly with it being on a white tip iykwim. I seem to remember either being told or reading that the light can't get all the way through to cure if a white tip is used?

I could be completely wrong though lol I'm sure some more experienced geeks will be able to help further.:green:

god never thought about that, if thats the case ill just brush white tip on, cheers luv

your welcome but as i said some more experienced geeks might be able to offer other advice :green:

if its just the corners then maybe you are capping the free edge with the gel but then filing it away when your finishing the nails?
what nsi gel are you using? i.e opaque such as white or transparent such as builder blush?
as its only on white tips that suggests to me that its more likely to be the gel is not curing properly through the white tips.
i know some nail techs have successfully used nsi gel with white tips but for me i personally wouldnt offer this method as i dont feel it would last.
i would explain to your client the disadvantages this method can have a try and convert hr to have natural tips with her smile lines painted on using brush on french white.
good luck

if its just the corners then maybe you are capping the free edge with the gel but then filing it away when your finishing the nails?
what nsi gel are you using? i.e opaque such as white or transparent such as builder blush?
as its only on white tips that suggests to me that its more likely to be the gel is not curing properly through the white tips.
i know some nail techs have successfully used nsi gel with white tips but for me i personally wouldnt offer this method as i dont feel it would last.
i would explain to your client the disadvantages this method can have a try and convert hr to have natural tips with her smile lines painted on using brush on french white.
good luck

thanks tracey, im using nsi builder clear or builder blush, when i file i dont file the free edge but mostly i dont file at all as it goes on perfect unless i have imperfections, i think im going to stick to natural tips and paint the white tip on with the white tip gel.

thanks so much for your advice

your welcome,sorry i couldnt be of anymore help.
if you would still like to know why this may happen then either go to www.nailangel.co.uk and post your question there or phone nsi on 0500 131009 as they are so helpful and they will be able to give you better advice than me.x

I am not familiar with Edge tips, but you should not be getting lifting from any tip. If you are using a translucent gel like Balance Builder Clear, or Sheer Pink, Builder Blush, Radiant Pink, etc. they will cure from the top. The white tip would only block UV from bouncing off the deck of the lamp and curing underneath. Because the gels are translucent they will cure from the top. Have you tried to use Balance Bond over the natural nail and the tip?
Also the first layer of gel, should be a thin lock in layer to anchor the other layers.
I hope this helps....

Just an idea, but do you not have to slightly buff the white tips? so they are not shiney? Im sure I've read this somewhere, although I could've imagined it :)

Just an idea, but do you not have to slightly buff the white tips? so they are not shiney? Im sure I've read this somewhere, although I could've imagined it :)
yes that is correct.
thenailangel01 does mention that she does this in her first post :)

I'm only just qualified last year but I absolutely love gel and wanted to have a fabulous system. I went through 3 systems including NSI before I found one that would cure properly for me on the white tips - I also use the Edge white tips (and natural and clear) and I found that NSI lifted like you on the tips. I have been using Young Nails Synergy gel since December - its amazing - lasts for about 3 weeks before infill required and has yet to lift on the white tip. I was really flummoxed like you as to why the gels I was using were lifting on the white tips. Never thought about the light not getting through the white tip to bounce back from the lamp base and cure underneath.
Good luck!
Sharon xx

yes that is correct.
thenailangel01 does mention that she does this in her first post :)

Sorry tracey, i completly over-looked that bit in her post :) whoops !

sorry guys another lifting problem, right i have only used natural looking tips and a client is asking for white tips next week so ive done mine, my sisters and my friends nails in white tips but all of them are lifting at the tip ive never had this problem with the natural coloured tips, i do my prep to a T i also file the tip to take the shine off its just like the gel wont adhere to it and its mainly in the corners, i even put gel on the very edge of the tip, im not doing anything different im just using white tips, the tips that im using (white) are by edge nails do you think its the brand of tips or me lol, i just cant understand as the nails are perfect when i use natural colourewd ones.

any help will be brill as my heads in bits over this one.

cheers guys

Hi

I will go through what I would do and see if you do anything different. I would buff over the white tips so the gel has something to adhere to. Then apply balance bond all over nail inc tip. Put first thin layer of gel over and cur then second layer to build apex. Is this what you do. You always need your thin lock in layer first with NSI. Abi

Latest posts

Back