NSI Glaze n Go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bel's Gels

Qualified Nail Technician
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering, when applying UV Gel Polish on acrylic nails could you use a product such as NSI Glaze N Go as the final top coat instead of the normal top coat?

No, GLaze N Go is a file off (hard) top coat, it is not made to go over gel polishes or soak off gels, it is made to go over L&P and buff off gels.

It would more than likely get teeny cracks after a couple of days at most.

You could try it but if you get problems, then you know it's your doing, not the clients.

Why wouldn't you just use the gel polish top coat?

Yes I thought it might crack.

Thought of using it for a few reasons: I like the shine it gives and find it a little thicker and therefore a bit more durable and also no inhibition layer to wipe off.

Yer I know what you mean but sometimes we just can't do thing we want to do:)

If you want a thicker layer, then just apply 2 top coats and really, it does only take a split sec to wipe of the sticky layer and that's much better than having a product crack cause it's not being used how it should be.

Are you using NSI Polish Pro or another brand?

I am using another brand but have a bottle of NSI Polish Pro on it's way to me as we speak.

I use NSI for my acrylics and I am extremely happy with them so thought I would try the Polish Pro too.

Hiya I have a question I have buffed nsi glaze n go off then tried to soak the acrylic nails off but it was proven difficult. Could I have not buffed GnG off properly ?
Thanks

Hiya I have a question I have buffed nsi glaze n go off then tried to soak the acrylic nails off but it was proven difficult. Could I have not buffed GnG off properly ?
Thanks

When soaking off any acrylic I try and file off as much as I can before placing in acetone. I find my e-file is best for thinning down the acrylic however it can be achieved with a normal file.
Obviously you do not want to file down to the natural nail or this would be defeating the purposing of soaking off.
Then place fingers in acetone for approx 15 minutes. Remove and using a cuticle pusher remove any 'melted' acrylic. Place back in acetone for 5 minute intervals and remove melted acrylic each time until all acrylic has been removed from the nail plate.
Lighty buff nails and shape then apply lashings of cuticle oil.

Oh and for those who read the original thread, yes you can use Glaze N Go over gel polish. I have been doing it for weeks now and love the longevity it gives me.

Great thanks , so I most deffo didnt file the glaze n go off enough before I put hands to soak in acetone
Thanks for advice xx

Great thanks , so I most deffo didnt file the glaze n go off enough before I put hands to soak in acetone
Thanks for advice xx

Yes possibly that could have been the problem. But also remember the more you can file it down the quicker the acetone will work. Otherwise you might be there all day!

HTH :)

Latest posts

Back