NSI one day course... worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emches

Reaction score
I really want to train in nails... partly for a hobby (I love being creative and always aim to be working towards something even if it's not work related!) but also to see if I'd enjoy a career change to it. I don't want to spend too much on training until I know if it's for me so have been searching the many many site on the web.

I have just found NSI locally to me and they offer 1 day courses on manicure and pedicure and then 5 day courses on enhancements. I've read a few people commenting on not to do short courses as the learning is too fast.

Has anyone done this training who can let me know how they got on with it and if they'd reccommend it/something else?

Hi
I'm new to nails too. I am currently doing a college course in manicure and pedicure which is great. It teaches you, comprehensively, about bone structure, the skin, muscle structure etc., as well as mani/pedi proc but it also teaches you other treatments as well and their benefits. Such as paraffin wax, warm oil, mask with heated mittens/bootees. I've thoroughly enjoyed it as it teaches helps you uderstand how things can effect the skin such as the environment and different diseases/disorders of the nails. It's very thorough and you don't get your recognised qualification until you are competent and have the knowledge and understandig necessary.

I can't comment on any one day courses as haven't done any but I personally can't imagine that it goes into it as thoroughly in a day, plus with a longer course you have the opportunity to develop your skill in filing, cuticle work, polish application etc.

I've just finished my first two days of nsi foundation and what i've learned already at college will be invaluable when it comes to my written exam. The training so far has been great, very thorough and totally enjoyable. I have two fantastic trainers too which is also good. It is intensive though as i have a portfolio to build in the next couple of weeks and a written exam to revise for.

There's both ends of the spectrum there for you and each has it's merits. I guess it's down to how you prefer to learn yourself and how uch you want to know.

Sorry if there's any typo's in this, I'm typing left handed as i'm soaking off my nails from yesterday. Practice, practice, practice........ hth :)

I have just found NSI locally to me and they offer 1 day courses on manicure and pedicure and then 5 day courses on enhancements. I've read a few people commenting on not to do short courses as the learning is too fast.
When short courses are mentioned it's normally when they last 1-2 days and cover L+P, Gel & Fibreglass. There is no way that anyone can learn all 3 systems in such a short amount of time, hence why they're not really recommended by many members.

NSI have a good reputation, try them for the mani and pedi course and see how you get on.

hth's

Latest posts

Back