NSI Polish Pro v CND Shellac, any different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snow

Reaction score
so much talk on these products, which is best , shellac is not a gel, polish pro is ! visited the excel show this sunday gone, to find there is no difference between them! i have tried both and they do what they say!BOTH need no filing or buffing, only a dry cuticle remover before you cleanse and paint , people say you have to file polish pro but you dont,
POLISH PRO soaks in 7-10 mins , base two coats of colour and top coat and wipe so why do shellac claim to be different- i will say they have done a very good job at marketing shellac so the names out there, but there is also polish pro which you can also layer colours do just the same x x :Love:

I was of the understanding that shellac was not like any of the other gel polishes on the market, hopefully one of the more informed geeks will explain this to you.:Love:

I was led to believe that pro polish does contain polish
:confused: and there are very few true 'brush on gels in a bottle' out there ie ManiQ, and Artistic Colors
So therefor I am sure that pro polish would be classed as a hybrid gel/polish the same as shellac.

Application sounds the same I agree, but I have seen the differences and the viscosity of the two products is very different!

The marketing behind shellac is phenomenal and has paved the way for all these new breeds of hybrids, gel/polishes and brush on gels.
(Which means they should only improve and get better all the time)

I guess you'll go with the product and company that suits you so it would probably be best to try them both out if you get the chance

I use Gelish usually and bought some Polish Pro and ManiQ Coloured Gel at the show on Sunday. They are very different as Lisa has said. Polish Pro was very like Gelish and ManiQ is thinner in consistency and easier to use to be honest. I will have to see the lasting power of both to judge properly.

There are so many of these products on the market now and I think a lot of people will try out various ones to see what they are like. It is down to if you care about the product being a Hybrid, Gel Polish or coloured Gel, personally I don't care one bit. I want the product to have a good range of colours, to apply easily, top coat to be really shiny and to last and last. Price is also coming into the equation now as there is a vast difference at the moment between prices and amount of product in some of the bottles.

Time will tell really and everyone will settle in the end to their favourite brands and colours, and a lot of us will have several of each, which isn't a problem as long as you are not labeling your treatment with one particular brand's title. :biggrin:

also while at the show excel i asked a lady who worked for crecative (shellac) why is shellac diff from any other of the companies and she did not no the answer , this is what i mean if you had a product that was completly diff, high above all the rest you would no the answer to that surely ! oh im on a moan no sorry, but like i say nsi have looked into other products on the market and have made and tested this them selfs too , also while we on the subject polish pro is 14ml a bootle and shellac are 7 ml and are alot more money so i could understand and pay for that but what makes it better, they couldnt even tell me so i guess its one of them buy this i mean, ugg boots!:Love: are worn by celebs people want them but only UuG but people dont realise there made in china by an american company with sheepskin shipped from australia how many penguins will that kill , any way sorry to go on again, i just love all things nail s but dont like to be miss lead into something X :Love:

You are not being mis lead into anything, if you read the link http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/112879-defining-shellac-u-v-colour-coat-system.html

It will probably help you understand the Shellac system a bit better!

Shellac is the first ever true hybrid UV nail colour. "Hybrid" means it is a combination of gel technology, polish technology and NEW technology developed specifically for Shellac.
hi thanks for posting that x i no shellac is a good product, im not misslead about that, the bit i dont get is the diff between the two,after ringing both companys again they both said its a fusion mix of polish and gel and get the same results so is the only diff they just put it on the market first

There will certainly be differences in the technology and chemical make up of these products.

I am sure you could get the MSDS sheets for both products and see the differences.

so much talk on these products, which is best , shellac is not a gel, polish pro is ! visited the excel show this sunday gone, to find there is no difference between them! i have tried both and they do what they say!BOTH need no filing or buffing, only a dry cuticle remover before you cleanse and paint , people say you have to file polish pro but you dont,
POLISH PRO soaks in 7-10 mins , base two coats of colour and top coat and wipe so why do shellac claim to be different- i will say they have done a very good job at marketing shellac so the names out there, but there is also polish pro which you can also layer colours do just the same x x :Love:
I have got both systems and there is hardly any difference! of course there is a difference but not much! the buffing of the nail plate is one but otherwise the soak off is the same in fact came off better than my shellac did! Plus I got different advice of capping the free edge as well, I was told to not cap the free edge then I was told I could if I wanted to but don't go overboard, the same would apply for any gel or hybrid system. I find that capping the free edge with base, colour and top coat a must to keep it on longer. I am a hairdresser/barber and am constantly using my hands at work! and I can get ten days out of a set! I also find that healthy nails do better than flaky and peeling nail which makes a lot of sense.

Latest posts

Back