Numbing cream for waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience anyone who comes in with any kind of "numbing" product on...no scream, Emla etc...ends up being in more discomfort..,they leave a residue on the skin, clog the follicles and the extra cleansing/rubbing/prepping mean a longer treatment. These creams only take the edge off the skins surface, not the sensation of hair being pulled from follicles....good technique and products including a pre oil is better.

No offence, but thats a load of rubbish. Numbing cream does work! Imuse speed numb on myself, provided to me by a tattooist. Its brilliant and does completely numb me. Its for tattooing, intimate waxing and lasor

Was meant to quote someone who said numbing cream doesnt work.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1419878955.115791.jpg

Small areas yes, I use them for spmu, ie tattooing. Had a client come in for legs...had used No scream cream (20% Benzocaine) left a horrible residue on her skin and had no effect whatsoever.

Most available to the public are just a high concentrate of menthol or eucalyptus oil, anything with lidocaine...or any "Caine" (Speed numb is 2%, Emla 5%) can't be sold by a beauty therapist or tattooist as they interact with certain medications and health conditions....anyone want to risk it with a client on heart tablets?

Legally we can't even apply them to a client and with the recommendation being to cover the creamed area with cling film for anything from 45 minutes upto 2 hours prior to the treatment I wouldn't want to anyway!

If they work for you, and you apply them yourself great...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back