NVQ courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for somewhere I can complete an NVQ2 qualification in nails (so I have it in addition to my CND qualifications) but I'm really struggling!

Many places that I know offered courses only a few years ago no longer seem to be offering them, is there a reason for this?

The few places I have found seem to be charging an awful lot of money for this, yet their own in house 'diploma' courses are hundreds of pounds cheaper.
I understand there are extra costs involved in the two different level of course but I already have some of the units (H&S, mani, pedi and any others involved in the beauty L2) and already registered with VTCT as a member so is it possible not to have to do all that work again- or is it at the discretion of the training provider?

I want to do my CND masters so dont want to spent more then I have to in orded to gain the NVQ, or does anyone know of a better way for me to go about gaining this qualification? :hug:

Hi there

We offer NVQs at all levels. Our level 2 can be completed on an attendance course or our flexi learner option. Some of your units can be APL'd so to save you some time and money.

Thankyou. I will take a look through your prospectus.

Is there a reason many local colleges have discontinued the course's?

Hi hun, I had someone phone me last year telling me that they could come to my salon and watch me work, and do my nvq assesments that way. This was at no charge and was aimed at working techs. They told me that they knew as a cnd trained tech I already had a high enough standard to qualify.
Don't know if it's another thing the govement has put a stop to :rolleyes: but I'd call your local adult education peeps or maybe the chamber of commerse to find out more.

Hi hun, I had someone phone me last year telling me that they could come to my salon and watch me work, and do my nvq assesments that way. This was at no charge and was aimed at working techs. They told me that they knew as a cnd trained tech I already had a high enough standard to qualify.
Don't know if it's another thing the govement has put a stop to :rolleyes: but I'd call your local adult education peeps or maybe the chamber of commerse to find out more.
This was probably via the Train to Gain scheme that FE colleges run. It's something that is worth looking into but may well be on the way out now because of government cuts.

Many local colleges have suffered cuts. We also offer a train to gain scheme if you are already employed where training is free

X

I would be wary of these offers. There are people who 'work' the system to get quotas of generous funding for little or no work which takes any funding that is available from those who actually need it.

Might be OK but look into any type of training!

Many local colleges have suffered cuts. We also offer a train to gain scheme if you are already employed where training is free

X

Hi,

Just wondered if this applies for beauty level 2? X

Latest posts

Back