NVQ Level 3 equivalent in beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliebee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just after some advice really. I am level 2 beauty therapy qualified and am looking towards my level 3. I was initially going to study at college straight after level 2 but became pregnant, due to give. Orth in 2 weeks an desperate to get back to my training. Been looking at jobs and it says level 3 or equivalent, what does 'or equivalent' entail? What courses should I study? I an afford to do these separately like tanning massage etc and will put in the extra wrk for the anatomy side of things but with a baby and a 3 year old. Any really commit to full time college. Any help would be grately appreciated thanks in advance

"equivalent" can mean (i think) "a recognised qualification that gives you the same skills as an nvq 3"

In this respect, I guess you could do separate courses that can be included on a level 3 (tanning, massage, hot stones to name but a few).

One thing I would say though is that some treatments are more available as part of a full time level 3 course. That is to say that I've not seen many separate qualifications offered in electrolysis, body or facial electrics and that these seem more available to study as part of the general NVQ3 route. But yeah, you don't HAVE to do these treatments (I did the massage route for my nvq3)

Yes equivalent to means the same qualifications as NVQ 3 - for example when I did mine all those years ago it wasn't NVQ it was City and Guilds and IHBC, which is the equivalent to todays NVQ 3.
I would try and do the Level 3 course, most full time courses are a max of 3 days per week now. The level 3 is alot of electrical and as the previous poster said you don;t often see those as stand alone courses with a recognised qualification

HTH x

Latest posts

Back