NVQ Level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently doing my NVQ level 2, I have been a nail tech for a few years now but decided to do the NVQ to standardise my qualifications.

I'm interested in doing level 3, but just wonder if any of you guys can tell me what it entails and also let me know where offers it in Yorkshire. I have tried my local college, but they don't offer it so I am having to look further afield. Also, can you do it in the evenings rather than the day?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Natalie

xxx

Hi there

Level 3 includes full sets of wraps, acrylic and gel (BT22) and rebalance of the same (BT23). For BT22 you have to use silk and fibreglass for wraps, clear and pink&white (coloured) products for acrylic and gel on tips and sculpted. and I think it is 6 assessments. For BT23 you have to rebalance pink & white and do maintenance on the other systems as well as sculpting out for repairs and I think it was 5 assessments. And, of course, you have to complete written portfolio, but if you've successfully completed level 2 you can use your heath & safety, salon management sections from that and not repeat it.

If you contact Bob Jefford Associates (google him) they run a nationwide scheme for the NVQ via the SAC Centres or some local colleges offer it, but I don't think that many. OPI are now offering the NVQ I think.

HTH

Are you wanting to do NVQ3 in Nails, Hair or Beauty?

Latest posts

Back