NVQ2 beauty - create an image Make UP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,#
I'm currently studying make up at college and have to create an image using a mood board and make some one up based on the following guidelines :=
A competition (using own themes eg: 1940's etc...., )
Themed event/fantasy look (fancy dress eg: cartoon.., a certain era.,)
Special occasion (Bridal)

Must incled one of the following :
A historical look
a fantasy look
specail occasion

We have to go the whole hog and make our model up with clothes etc...,
I've thought of a few ideas
eg: 1970's hippy look, 1980's madonna., cartoon: Betty Boo., Bollywood star,

Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas..., I want to do something that I'm not going to have to spend alot of money on., regarding clothes etc...., all ideas greatly received :lol:

How about a 1940's look? Complete with red lips and black flicks on eyes? That's what I did for mine!:idea:

For fantasy how about a fairy? You could use glitters for an awesome look!:biggrin:

Hi I have recently done a course just like this, for my bridal I just used a diamonte hair piece, got my model to wear a nice White top an put their hair up in a low bun. We just had head and shoulders so don't need to go the while hog . Just give the impression of.
I did a 1950 s look and waved the hair and bought a fur scarf and wrapped it round the shoulders. From primark . Looked really good.

As far as a fantasy that could be anything. Something thy gives a good effect is using netting even from an orange bag as a stencil and stipple eyeshadow to create a scale like effect. From that u could dona mermaid, lizard etc.

Hobbycraft and primark are now my best friend for dressing a look, get feathers, butterflies crystals etc
For a few pound each.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back