o.m.g what con artists!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elegancenails

Reaction score
omg!!!

i ordered a oil/lotion warmer from a certain stockist, not sure if im allowed to post a link to the site and product and thought it was odd looking for a lotion/ oil warmer before i bought it but thought "hey they know whats right" big mistake!

this is what i received (note i love tescos and am not slating them it just the first product the same i found on old reliable i.e. google)

Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

and the product advertised on this certain stockist site ( a well known one may i add) had edited out the bottle and teat and the 'Phillips Avent' logo- absolutely no sign (not being a mum and able to spot the similarity) of what it really was until its grand unveiling today

it may do the job but i have to explain to clients why their oil is being heated in a sodding baby bottle! grrrr

sorry for the essay im so mad and have emailed them a wordy rant

do you think ive done the right thing? what else should i do, inform trade standards or 'Avent' possibly as its their product being mis-sold at the end of the day
:cry:

Is it in fact a con, or do the same people who make the bottle warmer make the same warmer to warm all kinds of things for Avente and other brands? It looks good and if it is a warmer then isn't that what you want at the end of the day.

I mean we all know that TV's and computers etc of different brand names come out of the same factory don't we?
omg!!!

i ordered a oil/lotion warmer from a certain stockist, not sure if im allowed to post a link to the site and product and thought it was odd looking for a lotion/ oil warmer before i bought it but thought "hey they know whats right" big mistake!

this is what i received (note i love tescos and am not slating them it just the first product the same i found on old reliable i.e. google)

Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

and the product advertised on this certain stockist site ( a well known one may i add) had edited out the bottle and teat and the 'Phillips Avent' logo- absolutely no sign (not being a mum and able to spot the similarity) of what it really was until its grand unveiling today

it may do the job but i have to explain to clients why their oil is being heated in a sodding baby bottle! grrrr

sorry for the essay im so mad and have emailed them a wordy rant

do you think ive done the right thing? what else should i do, inform trade standards or 'Avent' possibly as its their product being mis-sold at the end of the day
:cry:

its the same picture as the link i posted and had photo shopped out the Avent logo and bottle and didnt even remotely say it was a bottle warmer

at first i couldnt stop laughing and it will do the job but its going to be an interesting conversation starter with clients

i would post the link for you to look but dont want to slate companies directly

im all set for a baby though:lol:

thanks for the help though geeg

Does the warmer you have recieved have the Avent logo on it?

If so then I'd be straight on the phone complaining and if I didn't get anywhere with them it'd be on to Trading Standards!

pm me a link to the suppliers site I'd love to see how they photo shopped it!

will do and it most definitely has the logo on.... it came with a baby bottle and baby spoon too, me and my make up artist who got it for me in her order couldn't stop laughing at it all afternoon.

im going to leave the box on the side for my boyfriend to come home and see his face (ill put the pic of it up lol)

:lol:

Thanks for the pm, so I have seen their picture and then what they have actually sent you, so presumably even the box they sent it in has Avent on it and pictures of babies and bottles?

If so definately complain! I would be furious if it were me. Although I have to ay I can't help but laugh at the cheek of it! :lol::rolleyes:

I remember when training we were told that if we didnt have a radiator in our massage room that we could buy a baby bottle warmer which would do the same thing. You can use your regular oil bottle in these. I have a radiator so didn't need one but if i didn't i'd be using one of these.

That said you should have been told that what you were ordering was infact a baby bottle warmer,

I ordered a bottle warmer from Ellisons many years ago and it was a baby bottle warmer and even came with a free baby bottle in it. the stickers you can peel off as it advises you on how long to warm it.

I sent it back.

My friend gave me her old one which I use all the time, I just have it slightly hidden.

I did some training with the renowned Bharti Vyas a few years ago and as it was an Ayurvedic course we had oils corresponding to the 3 doshas. In ayurvedic massage you tend to have to warm the oil up, she had her 3 bottles of oil placed in 3 baby warmers.

I don't think you would get any different from anywhere else to be honest.

The pic in the Ellisons magazine is deceiving (or was) as it had no labels, but did infact (if you look hard enough) have the shallow baby bottle inside it.

thanks for the advice guys

i sucked it up and tryed it out as i dont have the time to be back and frth with companies, it works very well. its just the avent thing its so embarrassing lol.

to answer your question boy did it ever come with pictures of babies, ive got parenting leaflets and a baby spoon (could come in handy for eating melon??)

im going to try and hide the avent label on the front and atleast the bottle (which thankfully came without a teat) i can measure the correct amount of oil for my soaker each time

i have emailed them however as i think its wrong to deceive customers

thanks geeks

x

Couldn't you cover the Avent logo up with some decals or some 3d nail art?

i had some nice stickers made by someone on etsy with vintage images on... ill put on of them babies on there (no pun intended)

I have a lovely ceramic jar with a pouring lid (looks a bit like a mini wine carafe) that I put my oil in and place that inside the baby warmer, infact any plastic bottles or glass or china can be used. I got mine from au naturel years ago and everyone comments on it!

Back