Odd question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayles_u

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if you can help.
I'm booked on the foundation course with creative in a couple of weeks and am struggling to find models. I can get model for day three but they are away on holiday for day four. I can get a model for day four but I won't be able to do her nails until three days before day four as she is working. You with me still??!! Will three days be long enough for her to need a rebalance or shall I keep searching for models that can do all the days? x Hope I have made sense here...

Thanks!xxx

No three days regrowth is not enough to learn to do a meaningful rebalance.

Keep trying !! You can't learn how to do nails without live models and you need them to attend the days required.

If you have REAL difficulties, then contact CND and maybe they can help. Other students may know lots of potential models that can help you.

Thanks for that. I'm working on my problem as we speak, I will sort something because I have to! Looking like I'm going to have to travel double the distance to do it as my potential model has no transport but hey, it will be worth it!! xx

Hi know this may be breaking all the rules but something like this happened a friend of mine and I remember her saying she was advised if she could not get a model then to do there nails with enough of a space to look like they need a rebalanced. Obviously id keep trying for a model but if you get desperate it may be an idea that helps not everyone might agree.:lol:

Hi know this may be breaking all the rules but something like this happened a friend of mine and I remember her saying she was advised if she could not get a model then to do there nails with enough of a space to look like they need a rebalanced. Obviously id keep trying for a model but if you get desperate it may be an idea that helps not everyone might agree.:lol:

We would not agree at CND.

Only by using nails that genuinely need maintenance can a student learn the techniques for proper rebalancing.

A student needs to evaluate her/his performance and to improve on it at the rebalance class. She/he needs to see and learn how to not only correct the problems they will undoubtedly see, but to learn to minimise and prevent those same problems from occurring again. Rebalancing is not about filling in a space!

Last edited:
Pardon me - by "we at CND" do you mean the whole company? Educators for the company? Or all users of the product?

With respect, that statement might be kind of daunting for a new tech seeking advice here as it implies that a very large company and all of it's employees and top people completely look down on this procedure. It's hard to imagine that a group (the "we" at CND) would agree on what is acceptable for newbies to practise on.

If a new nail tech is imaginative and focused on practising, I think that should be commended. What a new tech practises on and how she does it is entirely personal and as far as I know, no company has given guidelines on acceptable practice techniques.

I think that if someone wants to practise and truly has no hand models (I've seen that happen with many aspiring and excited new nail techs who truly want to practise and get good), then they should find any way that gives them practise in whatever area they need help with. No, it's not the IDEAL way, but this is better than having no hand model at all and not going to the class!!:lol:

If you are in a bind such as this I think it would be perfectly acceptable to do your model's nails to mimic a few weeks' growth. Good for you that you are not quitting the class because of this and are concerned enough about this to find a solution. That's proactive and it also shows that you know that this is not a normal situation (to create the look of 3 weeks' growth).

Pardon me - by "we at CND" do you mean the whole company? Educators for the company? Or all users of the product?

With respect, that statement might be kind of daunting for a new tech seeking advice here as it implies that a very large company and all of it's employees and top people completely look down on this procedure. It's hard to imagine that a group (the "we" at CND) would agree on what is acceptable for newbies to practise on.

If a new nail tech is imaginative and focused on practising, I think that should be commended. What a new tech practises on and how she does it is entirely personal and as far as I know, no company has given guidelines on acceptable practice techniques.

I think that if someone wants to practise and truly has no hand models (I've seen that happen with many aspiring and excited new nail techs who truly want to practise and get good), then they should find any way that gives them practise in whatever area they need help with. No, it's not the IDEAL way, but this is better than having no hand model at all and not going to the class!!:lol:

If you are in a bind such as this I think it would be perfectly acceptable to do your model's nails to mimic a few weeks' growth. Good for you that you are not quitting the class because of this and are concerned enough about this to find a solution. That's proactive and it also shows that you know that this is not a normal situation (to create the look of 3 weeks' growth).

I mean ... that at CND (as an education policy) we believe that a rebalance is more than a procedure of filling in a space. Therefore it is a requirement that, on the rebalance portion of the class, each student bring in a person that has a minimum of 2 weeks growth so that the procedures can be effectively taught. If they cannot bring a model then their class would have to be rescheduled at a time when they could.

I do not believe I have implied that CND 'look down' on your suggestion, simply that it is not a suggestion that would be employed at a rebalance class which is meant to teach considerably more than how to fill in the area of regrowth.

After 3 weeks normal growth, every student will face problems such as lifting, cracks, breakages, imbalance etc. None of these problems could be addressed in a class by simply supplying a model with some bogus regrowth. The class would be effectively useless.

I still think she should do whatever it takes to attend the class as she is willing to learn. Going to the class with a less-than-perfect rebalance to do and still getting the education is better than nothing.

GO FOR IT!!:lol:

when i did my foundation training with cnd, i used the same person on all of the days not different ones for each time. thats what we all did

when i did my foundation training with cnd, i used the same person on all of the days not different ones for each time. thats what we all did

Thanks but thats what I'm having trouble doing..
Anyways I think problem is sorted now.
And Geeg don't worry, I will most definately not be taking that route as I need to get the most out of my training! I phoned sweet squared to ask if I need to buy any more tools etc to compliment the kit I will recieve. To be honest, the girl was actually pretty vague.. Do you know if I need to purchase anything else? x

you just take yourself and a pen and paper :)

Thanks but thats what I'm having trouble doing..
Anyways I think problem is sorted now.
And Geeg don't worry, I will most definately not be taking that route as I need to get the most out of my training! I phoned sweet squared to ask if I need to buy any more tools etc to compliment the kit I will recieve. To be honest, the girl was actually pretty vague.. Do you know if I need to purchase anything else? x
You get every thing you need for the course in the kit provided. Including brush, dappen dish, tips cutters, metal cuticle pusher and curette :) The only thing i took along was my own cotton towel, paper towel and lint free pads and trainer hand. Oh and pen and paper. x

just a thought, but would it be out of the question if someone had no model that someone else share their model ie: they could do a hand each, i know its not ideal but it may solve the problem..

Latest posts

Back