odorless product for state board exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefanied

Reaction score
I'm coming out of "retirement" and have to take the state boards again. They only allow "odorless" product for the sculpted nail section. I've used Creative Nails for years and love it. Any advice on what product to use for my practical exam? :confused: Thanks!

Hi Stephanie,
Have you been trained in Gel? Creative Brisa Gel is odourless
HTH
KxXx

in school we had to learn with acrylic, odorless acrylic and gel..

we used ezflow, but for odorless we used Clarite by OPI.

try Clarite.. the one thing u have to remember is u have a lot of playtime (too much for my liking) so don't be too hasty in applying the pink if u want a crisp smile line..

oh and don't freak out at the end when it looks like u're buffing off product, with the odorless acrylic there will be a tacky residue that you have to roll off with the file first...

u may want to practice a few times first :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I haven't been trained in gel and the closest upcoming training is in May 2006 located about 350 miles away! :eek: I don't think that I can bring in a UV light. I'm thinking that I should order some trial kits and work with it a bit. Any suggestions on some brands that would be easy to work with and set up fairly quickly (there's a time limit on this portion of the practical).

Thanks a lot for the help! :p

Stefanied said:
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I haven't been trained in gel and the closest upcoming training is in May 2006 located about 350 miles away! :eek: I don't think that I can bring in a UV light. I'm thinking that I should order some trial kits and work with it a bit. Any suggestions on some brands that would be easy to work with and set up fairly quickly (there's a time limit on this portion of the practical).

Thanks a lot for the help! :p
We are neighbors, I'm in Idaho and we take the same practical board exam. We have had the best luck with Clarite from OPI, the set up time is a little slower than what you are used to with Creative, but not by much. They are not looking for a quality nail, don't worry about crisp smile lines, concentrate on your safety and sanitation during application and finishing. You will lose less points for a really ugly gross bumpy nail that you didn't finish than you will for not working safely.

Make sure to wear your safety glasses, dust masks, nitrile or latex gloves for primer application, have a sealable receptical (ziplock bag works great) for your garbage, and that you are wearing protective clothing such as a smock or aporon.

Feel free to pm me and I'll help you get on the right track, the NIC exam is based on safety and so far my students have had a 100% pass rate for the practical portion of the exam. (If I could get them to study a little more I could boast that for the theory exam too, but so far it's 97% on the first try, and 100% for the second theory exam)

Good luck to you on your test and be sure to study!!!

Latest posts

Back