Odour free liquid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie

Reaction score
Hey ppl! I am new around here, so hello! Now I have a little question, I normally use retention+ or nsi attract. But been looking it odour free liquid. Just wondering does any use it? Is it as good as the ones I normally use? What is the best one? And if it is good, why are there still smelly liquids out there? Surely if it was as good, all liquid would be odour free? Hope someone can help me out here.:)

Hi,
I've never used that. friend of mine have tried and she wasn't happy. she said it took ages to sets and the consistency of bead was like a gum:rolleyes: she started using normal fast drying liquids.

Hi I have to use low odour or odour free because I rent a space in a hair salon and they complain when I use ordinary acrylic because of the strong odour! I have been using Millennium X Factor - it has a slight odour but not half as bad as the usual acrylic. It seems to stay on well too and isnt too bad to work with. (Its part of the Millennium range).:)

Hey ppl! I am new around here, so hello! Now I have a little question, I normally use retention+ or nsi attract. But been looking it odour free liquid. Just wondering does any use it? Is it as good as the ones I normally use? What is the best one? And if it is good, why are there still smelly liquids out there? Surely if it was as good, all liquid would be odour free? Hope someone can help me out here.:)

Ty, I know NSI do a liguid called spa that is odour free, I dont think CND do do they? Does anyone know differently? I may well ask them. Just am wondering what the differance is other than the odour free part, I dont want to give up quility for odour free if you know what I mean?

Well, where to start...

Low odour products do produce vapours, they put just as much into the air as full odour monomers - but the particles do not hold the same 'smell' factor. So don't for a moment think that extraction is not required.
Low Odour products are also higher on the allergy ladder. This means that overexposure (contact with uncured product, such as the the sticky residue, with soft tissue - skin -)carries a greater than average chance of irritation leading onto allergic reaction...
This is one of the main reasons CND do not do a low odour monomer - at this stage there is not a formula that they are prepared to market as being up to their standard of health safety and quailty.

Odour should not really be an issue, if you are using sensible and carefull practise - here are some good tips to reduce the odour from monomers.
1) wipe your brush onto an absorbant pad with sanatiser in it - do not use a paper towel, ever - as this will spread out the monomer allowing it to evaporate.
2) only ever put out as much monomer as you need per client, dispose of the rest straight after application
3) use a metal, lidded rubbish bin, and empty 2-3 times a day
4) do not overwipe your brush, good mix ratio and application technique will reduce how much you need to wipe out excess monomer and clogged brushes

hope that helps.

I have yet to find a good monomer with no odour, the least smelly one I have used is by Nfu Oh ( plus is a fab monomer).

x

ty guys for your replys, special ty to Envy, you have cleared my mind and I wont be trying 'no' odour products as clearly there is nothing wrong with the odour. My Dad suffers allot with his chest (awaitting a double lung transplant) and when I go to do Mums nails, he says the 'smell' upsets his chest (I use retention) and ofc I tell him that it wont harm him, but obv if it makes it difficult for him to breathe, as many things do I thought Id try using odour free on Mum. But from reading Envy's Post its clear that wont help. Also I myself have sensitive skin and no way will use anything that may cause an allegy, on myself or heaven forbid a client! I shall be sticking to Ret+. Maybe get Mum to come to me in future. In no way am I saying Ret+ is not good for chests! Its just allot of things affect my Dad as you can imagine, he has COPD basically his lungs are broke and he is working on less than one lung compasity. Poor fella :(

can you consider using gel on your Mum? maybe that will help

Latest posts

Back