Odourless acrylic - again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
Ok! Should I just give up trying odourless acrylic or keep preserving?? I’ve asked several questions previously on the use of NSI Spa and you’ve all been very helpful. I’ve tried everything, but my patience is wearing thin!! J The acrylic yellows slightly after a few weeks and if I mix any drier, I will be tipping powder only on the nail! Haha I think around 3/4 weeks the old product starts to yellow and I’m forced to file it ALL off and re-apply new stuff. The new application is beautiful but it doesn’t last. Now I’m seriously contemplating buying an expensive table so I can use traditional acrylic…

NSI have been helpful with my issues, but it’s just not working!! Why is odourless sold it if it doesn’t work? The odourless systems recommended for day spas, so you would think it must work – just not for me. Am I the only one?

Frustrated! J

Hiya Hun,

I havent tried it (and didn't actually know about it so thanks) - it would solve a big prob for me.

A lot of my clients want acrylic but the lady in the flat upstairs above my salon says the smell gets up there.

Let me know if you have any luck getting it to work.

Thanks! Brend x

In fact, there's a quick video on youtube about odourless...

Here:

YouTube - Acrylique scupltée NOP sans odeur

It's in french so unless you can speak it the sound won't be much use. But there may be a tip in there - I haven't watched it yet - just did a quick search and bookmarked it for later.

Best, Brend x

i've been experimenting with with nsi spa liquid lately. i only use i when i do my own nails because i do them at home and my only ventilation is an open window:) i havent had any problem with it discoloring but at first i had major lifting issues. i'd always been taught to work rather dry with odorless liquid but working wetter actually solved my problem. i also use finish clear (gel topcoat) with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

have you considered moving over to gel nails?

yes guys, I use CND gel and absolutely love it. I have incorporated acrylic and have had success with my heavier handed ladies. Ladies that usually break one or two nails, now don't break any.

Funny, but I have CND on one hand and the NSI Spa on the other! I started using the acrylic to see if it was anything the client is doing. Nope, it's the product. It is only yellowing very slightly, but I can see it and I don't like it. Over a few weeks it looses its pink colour and goes clear/yellow. The hand with the gel is just beautiful and the colour has stayed the same.

A vapour extraction table for home use is AUD$3000!!! yikes

Odour free products do yellow .. there is not one that doesn't. They are rather more porous.

You do not have to create odour with a normal L&P system if you work smart with it.

You know, it is so easy to minimise the odour to practically nothing that I can never understand what all the fuss is about! If you are getting allot of odour or complaints about odour ..... do the following.

1. Quit wiping the monomer out of your brush on the paper! Wipe on a pad that has been dampened with sanitiser instead and there will be virtually no odour. Wiping is the biggest factor that causes odour.

2. Always cover your dappen dish immediately after use.

3. Put all used paper and wipes in a lined metal container and empty frequently.

4. Transfer all monomer to the dappen dish with a pipette.

5. Follow manufacturers guidelines and install an extraction ventilation system.

Just doing these things will virtually eliminate odour in your working area.

Thanks again Geeg. I've searched and searched and searched and seen your comments on previous posts. Yep, I've over it - It's time for a change. It's a shame because when initally applied they look like any other acrylic. I have 3 lovely colours from NSI and they all discolour eventually.

PS please don't misunderstand my post, NSI Attraction is a good product.

Cheers

Thanks again Geeg. I've searched and searched and searched and seen your comments on previous posts. Yep, I've over it - It's time for a change. It's a shame because when initally applied they look like any other acrylic. I have 3 lovely colours from NSI and they all discolour eventually.

PS please don't misunderstand my post, NSI Attraction is a good product.

Cheers

Quite honestly, I think Brisa should fit the bill for most all of your clients .. after all it is the only gel that IS as strong as a L&P system.

One trick you can use with Brisa to make it a bit stronger for your heavy handed clients is to build a central apex in the enhancement. Here's how.

After you have completed your builder layer and cured it. Place 2-3 strings of gel down the center of the nail from eponychium to free edge, then cure and file to shape. This gives the nail a backbone of strength that is pretty nigh impossible for anyone to break. It also looks very beautiful. To SEE the method, go to the cnd.com website and register. Then click on education and watch the spotlight video on Brisa Gel application .. you may find it very helpful.

Last edited:
Novice question ! But when you say sanitiser and pad what exactly do you mean ????

many thanks

Novice question ! But when you say sanitiser and pad what exactly do you mean ????

many thanks

What I mean is that I use a gauze pad that has been dampened with Scrub Fresh ,to wipe my brush when I FEEL THERE IS A NEED TO WIPE IT.

ok cool will give this a go, hope it stops the cats getting high !

Latest posts

Back