Offering nail services on Gumtree for free-to develop portfolio?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0llyd86

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently posted an add on gumtree offering free manicures and gellux with art work for me to practice and to develop a portfolio, is this a good idea? I'm really stuck for people to practice on. Any other ideas would be much apreciated. I'm asking for a small charge for petrol, is that a good idea?? I'm a newbie so any advice would be really good :)

Hi, I've recently posted an add on gumtree offering free manicures and gellux with art work for me to practice and to develop a portfolio, is this a good idea? I'm really stuck for people to practice on. Any other ideas would be much apreciated. I'm asking for a small charge for petrol, is that a good idea?? I'm a newbie so any advice would be really good :)

Maybe charge a small price so you are covering your stock cost too as you will end up out if pocket x

Hey Hun. I did this for friends to get my portfolio up but they ended up taking the mick and was knocking on my door with groups of friends wanting their nails doing for nothing. If ur new and want to get more pics then do a specail offer that way u look professional, do if ur charging £20 for your nails say its half price untill December 1st then after that its normal price, as more people tent to book in December whether its half price or not. And by then ull have loads more pics. What ever u do don't do it for free or they will always expect it for free. Good luck with it all xxx

Why not use salon guinea pig? That way you can find genuine models in your area looking for the treatments that you offer.

Not really a fan of gumtree. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nooooo! if you are newly qualified charge what the service is worth and ask clients if you can take a picture.

You are coming up to the busiest time of years for nails, make the most of it.

Latest posts

Back