Offering services you don't feel confident in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I'm trained in Mani/pedi and shellac and nail art and feel OK about doing it on clients. I'm also trained in acrylics, I trained on a nail trainer and have only done them on myself, I've got brisa lite sculpting gel and have also been practising on myself. I need practice with l&p and gel but don't have any family or friends I can practice on. Do I just add it to my price list and offer it or should I offer it at a lower price until I've done a few sets? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm trained in Mani/pedi and shellac and nail art and feel OK about doing it on clients. I'm also trained in acrylics, I trained on a nail trainer and have only done them on myself, I've got brisa lite sculpting gel and have also been practising on myself. I need practice with l&p and gel but don't have any family or friends I can practice on. Do I just add it to my price list and offer it or should I offer it at a lower price until I've done a few sets? Xx

When i've not felt confident, i've offered things a bit cheaper until i'm happy, but it really depends how you feel about it. I'm not a good actress, so when i'm nervous, it shows!

I do actually think I do good looking sets but it takes me forever!! Also I've never done an infill or rebalance so I'm worried about when they come back aswell. But I'm only going to get practice by advertising it, I might offer them at a discounted price for the first 2 or 3 months as I haven't started up yet x

I do actually think I do good looking sets but it takes me forever!! Also I've never done an infill or rebalance so I'm worried about when they come back aswell. But I'm only going to get practice by advertising it, I might offer them at a discounted price for the first 2 or 3 months as I haven't started up yet x

You can practice your rebalance on nail traine, just do a white a bit further doe and leave a bigger margin at the cuticle :)

Hth x

Rather than adding it to your price lists and not telling clients it's 'practise', maybe you could announce on your Facebook page (if you have one) that you will be offering gel nails soon and if anyone would be interested in a set at a reduced price to allow you to try out the particular brand of gel and see if you like it before starting to offer it. Don't mention it's for practise but more so to try out different gel brands to find one you like. If you don't have a Facebook you could mention it to your clients, even if they aren't interested they might know someone who would be. Just incase you did start to offer it as a treatment and something went wrong they wouldn't blame you because they know from the start you aren't experienced in gels.

Latest posts

Back