Oh dear first complaint tanning :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

Had a tan party on thurs which was book through a friend of a friend, she messaged me last nyt on fbook (only just got it 2day as for some reason my fones nt tellin me when I get notifications) saying that the tan hasn't come out very well on one of the women, I have emailed her back saying in what way is it patchy, colour not come out etc.mm I'm just so gutted as I have never had a complaint I told them to wash it off in the morning so only thing I can think of is that she maybe washed it off 2 early, I told the girl who booked it 4 them to tell them all not to moisturise on the day hmmm

As I only got the message this morning n there going out tnyt it will prob be to late to tan her maybe I shud just give money back :(

I knw there's not much that any1 can say until we knw what its like but just wanted to get it off my chest :(
Sad xx

Awww, I don't know too much about spray tanning but if it went wrong on only one person out of the group I'm sure it wasn't your fault. X

There could be lots of reasons that her tan did not come out so well, chances are its nothing you did, maybe hormones or something she had on her skin.

I would wait and see what reply you get, don't offer refund for something that is not your fault xx

Awww, I don't know too much about spray tanning but if it went wrong on only one person out of the group I'm sure it wasn't your fault. X

Totally agree. If no-one else is saying there's a problem it must have been something she did after you left. Go through what she did afterwards with her and I'm sure you'll find the problem. When you do, explain it to her and offer to tan her next time she has a big night out or something (albeit not for free!) so that she can see how fab your work really is. Don't be sad hun xx

hey girls, apparently she did wash it off after and didnt mositurise before, apparently shes really upset so I feel so bad now and she asked if I could spray her today, so I said i would, but I want her number so I can talk to her on the phone first!

This is so frustrating :( xx

just spoken to the lady and shes on anti-depresents could that effect the the tan at all? in the training they said it didn't.

As a gesture of good will I have agreed to spray tan her again the next time shes goes out 4 free, I feel really bad but obviously its nothing that i have done wrong as the rest of them are perfect apparently! xx

I think you have done the right thing. Last thing you want is her bad mouthing you to other people - regardless of it being your fault or not.
I would explain to her that if it doesn't work this time - it may be that her skin is just not compatible with the tan. So neither of you is to blame.

just spoken to the lady and shes on anti-depresents could that effect the the tan at all? in the training they said it didn't.

As a gesture of good will I have agreed to spray tan her again the next time shes goes out 4 free, I feel really bad but obviously its nothing that i have done wrong as the rest of them are perfect apparently! xx

I wouldn't routinely offer thus or you'll not make money!

If age didn't follow your instructions it's her fault! Max you should offer is half price as a good will gesture.

Do you have consent forms where it says if they dont follow the pre and post care then the result will be poor?

That's a good way to make sure things are easier to sort out and get it signed x

I used to tan a girl on anti depressants and she never got a nice tan, always patchy, but everyone else's was fine. Maybe there is something in certain anti depressants that just don't work well with a tan :)

I don't see why anti depressants would be different to any other medication, especially as they affect your hormones!! If pregnancy, the menopause and (as Vita Liberata advise) normal monthly hormonal changes can affect a spray tan then surely so can anti-depressants.........

Latest posts

Back