Oh My! I'm sensing a request for wedding nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I have had a new client ring me today, she has booked in for Monday to get her nails done.

She has informed me that her nails keep breaking and they are weak, but she would like to give Shellac a try so her nails are in good condition for her wedding in a month or so time.

Do you think she will be suitable for Shellac? I have said without seeing her nails I can't say, so I have said I will make the decision on the day when I see her nails.

My nails are weak, but because I look after them Shellac is staying on beautifully. However I know client's that have unhealthy weak nails, and it chips and those who have dry brittle nails that adhere to nail care and it chips.

She hasn't asked me yet, but Im half predicting she might ask me to do her nails for her wedding!!!!!!!!!! Which is great BUT talk about pressure, Iv'e never done nails for a wedding. Have any of you? Can you share some idea designs with me? Maybe some Shellac designs too.

Thanks

Hey there sounds like a potential keeper to me lol which is always nice.

I have not been in this industry long and did a regular forever french set last summer and the client didnt want anything with a twist just the regular and it was fine,just have to turn up and do the job like it was any other...makes no difference.
However if this client had asked for something more arty I would have done some samples and asked the client to look and decide before the day that way no added pressure making you flap on the day.

How exciting and good luck xx

Hey there sounds like a potential keeper to me lol which is always nice.

I have not been in this industry long and did a regular forever french set last summer and the client didnt want anything with a twist just the regular and it was fine,just have to turn up and do the job like it was any other...makes no difference.
However if this client had asked for something more arty I would have done some samples and asked the client to look and decide before the day that way no added pressure making you flap on the day.

How exciting and good luck xx

Thanks for replying.

I will definately be practicing some wedding designs, I just wanted to see some designs to get some ideas.

Hi there

I have had a new client ring me today, she has booked in for Monday to get her nails done.

She has informed me that her nails keep breaking and they are weak, but she would like to give Shellac a try so her nails are in good condition for her wedding in a month or so time.

Do you think she will be suitable for Shellac? I have said without seeing her nails I can't say, so I have said I will make the decision on the day when I see her nails.

My nails are weak, but because I look after them Shellac is staying on beautifully. However I know client's that have unhealthy weak nails, and it chips and those who have dry brittle nails that adhere to nail care and it chips.

She hasn't asked me yet, but Im half predicting she might ask me to do her nails for her wedding!!!!!!!!!! Which is great BUT talk about pressure, Iv'e never done nails for a wedding. Have any of you? Can you share some idea designs with me? Maybe some Shellac designs too.

Thanks
You'll be absolutely fine honey, take her nails down to a suitable length and Shellac as normal. Make sure you explain that it is a power polish and that she needs to take care of it! Also tell her it's essential to use solar oil twice daily.

My nails are weak and break easily but wearing Shellac has given them that extra bit of strength and now they are lovely. Having said that, Shellac does not suit all nails so make your decision when she arrives.

As for the wedding bit, just don't panick! I've Shellac'd, and used traditional polish on brides, mother of brides and bridesmaids, it's just like any other appointment :)
Rhiannon x

After a month of Shellac she will be amazed at the difference in her nails and she will have a nail length that is manageable for her big day!
I have done; Pinks, Pink/Whites and RockStars for Brides.
Colour Pops and Colour Wheels are fab for extra trials and colours variations so you don't have a client with multi-coloured nails, (I have done this - At their request!).
I love seeing the professional pictures of the Big Day and smile when 'my' nails are in shot.

I think Shellac and gel polishes are perfect for weddings and other important occasions. The thing I like most about them is that they stay perfect for so long. That means you can get your nails done a few days before the event and still have picture-perfect nails for the big day. With everything you have to do in the 24 hours before, it's nice to have one less thing to do and to know that it will still be perfect!

hi hun

as you say assess her nails when you see them, but one thing I've found with one of my peely clients is using fibreglass mesh and shellac as normal. this particular clients nails have improved considerably and even managed to get some length, but sometimes its best to keep them a little shorter. Just a thought if you're a little undecided.

Love n hugs x x x

Latest posts

Back