Oil or powder in waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan Fairy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Can anyone tell me about this oil or powder i keep reading about that therapists are using in waxing? I was not taught this at college, are you meant to use this after all waxing ( Eye brows etc ), and what powderand oil is best?:rolleyes:

Oils are so much better and easier to use. You just need a very little amount under your wax and it makes it so much more comfortable for your clients. I think lots of colleges still train with talc. Get some oil and try it for yourself. I use Perron Rigot Jasmine oil and its great both before you wax and after to remove any residual wax and to moisturise the skin.

Jack

I was originally trained at college to use talc before waxing, but when I retrained with Kim I discovered the joys of Perron Rigot and their jasmine oil, it's great stuff.

Oil ... Always oil with any brand of wax for all areas. I currently use Perron Rigot jasmine oil but you can get some from Berins, Lycon etc. clean and easy may also do an oil.

It needs to be a very light oil.

Thank you all for your advice, I will have to get some of this Jasmine Oil, sounds lovely, at the moment it sounds really strange to apply an oil b4 waxing, frightened that it will stop the hair gripping to the wax, but i will try it:biggrin:

Thank you all for your advice, I will have to get some of this Jasmine Oil, sounds lovely, at the moment it sounds really strange to apply an oil b4 waxing, frightened that it will stop the hair gripping to the wax, but i will try it:biggrin:
When you apply the oil is should be very light so the wax will grip the hair. If you apply too much oil just gently blot the skin with a tissue to remove the excess before you apply your wax.

I really think it depends your wax as the wax I use is more oily and I need to use talc powder. Putting oil would just cause my wax to slip of the area :p

You only need a tiny amount. Rub over with oil and then wipe over with a strip to remove excess and this will leave a perfect amount of wax.

Can you use oil with the warm wax too ?? Ive heard people mention it with hot wax but not warm wax

Thanks

Ps #malewaxer, thank you for your advice been doing last few days turning heater right up half an hour then down to 4 the wax is a much better consistency than before :) happy

For years and years I used and loved Perron Rigot wax, and used jasmine oil underneath it with great effect.
I'm now using SwissDermyl's azulene non strip wax and boy, is it oily! I've had to go back to using a powder underneath it and I've finally got to grips with it! When I first started using it I did the usual teensy bit of oil on the skin and it just wouldn't hoik out the hair. Grrr. So I thought I wonder how it would work with powder, et voila! All is well in Wax World again!

Talc is very old fashioned and oil is the way to go with most waxes. The tiniest amount is needed and if you can see the oil on the skin, you've applied too much. I only use the wonderful Perron Rigot Jasmine oil which works out very economical as you need just a dot of oil. Clients love it by the way as it makes their skin silky smooth.

I also rub a little through my hair ends and nails in the winter.

Tried oil first time yesterday think did too much was sliding so tried again with the tinest amount is that all you need ? Clients skin didnt seem to ho as red maybe the oil helped i dont know ?,,x thanks

I love jasmine oil, use it with all my waxing now and it pull airs out fine,much kinder to skin than talc I think :)

Tried oil first time yesterday think did too much was sliding so tried again with the tinest amount is that all you need ? Clients skin didnt seem to ho as red maybe the oil helped i dont know ?,,x thanks

Yes you really only need the tiniest amount!

Could some one please tell me if you apple oil under both strip and non strip wax or just under non strip wax. Thank you.

Strip and non strip ... All brands

Same here,I apply the wax under both strip and non strip wax :)

I use a ground silk (not the same as talc) on all facial, back, under arm, and leg waxing. It absorbs perspiration and provides an adhesion break on the skin. I use the oil on all intimate waxing, it allows me smoother wax application and use of less wax as well as the adhesion break to the sensitive skin.
I also add bronzer to the silk for use in the spray tan booth. When applied to pinch points after the solution application it it provides a seamless smooth underarm.

Latest posts

Back