oily nail plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXStaceyXX

Reaction score
hi geeks

can anyone tell me what products or solutions there are to correct an oily nail plate

thanks xx

Nailfresh is the main product that springs to mind as it is a great dyhydrating product.

This subject has been discussed a lot over the last while...so if you do a search on the word oily in thread titles only (advanced search)you will find loads of threads with great information.

In 8 years of being in the nail industry I have only ever come across 1 person with excessively oily nails....and that was only a few weeks ago. So this is not that common a problem.

Ehnhancements stayed on this client....even without using Nailfresh, as we did a meticulous prep and used Scrubfresh on each individual nail just prior to applying product. we had no lifting problems at all.
HTH

nail pure hun hth xx :hug:

Fresh nail or bondaide are nail dehydrator the help take of the excess oil off the nail plate then go on with your service if this is a service with natural nail I would also suggest using stickey by creative

hi there,
in my opinion nail fresh does the trick.
if you need any advice stacey please call me
laura ha ha ha:)

hi geeks

can anyone tell me what products or solutions there are to correct an oily nail plate

thanks xx
Here is another way you can deal with it. There are loads of products to correct oily nail plates. All professional nail product companies have some sort of nail dehydrator. Each and every one of us is perhaps very passionate about the particular brand we use.

With recommendations for various products, this could end up being very expensive if you try them all out. So if you have a client or know somebody with particularly oily nail plates, then use a dehydrator on each nail just prior to application of the gel/l&P on that nail. Repeat with each individual nail so that the freshly applied dehydrator does not give the nail plate a chance to become oily before the overlay.

Hope this makes sense.:)

I USE THIS PRODUCT SIMILAR TO OPI'S BOND AIDE BUT MUCH MORE VALUE FOR MY DOLLAR, CALLED 411PREP. I USE IT FOR ACRYLIC NAILS, AFTER I PREP THE NAIL WITH THE SANDING BAND, I APPLY 411PREP THEN THE PRIMER TO ENSURE MY ACRYLICS STAY. FOR NATURAL NAILS, I APPLY THE 411PREP BEFORE THE BASECOAT AS ADDED PROTECTION AGAINST CHIPS. I LOVE IT, SO MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE AND COST EFFECIENT THE THE BAND NAME STUFF :green:

I USE THIS PRODUCT SIMILAR TO OPI'S BOND AIDE BUT MUCH MORE VALUE FOR MY DOLLAR, CALLED 411PREP. I USE IT FOR ACRYLIC NAILS, AFTER I PREP THE NAIL WITH THE SANDING BAND, I APPLY 411PREP THEN THE PRIMER TO ENSURE MY ACRYLICS STAY. FOR NATURAL NAILS, I APPLY THE 411PREP BEFORE THE BASECOAT AS ADDED PROTECTION AGAINST CHIPS. I LOVE IT, SO MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE AND COST EFFECIENT THE THE BAND NAME STUFF :green:

Really?? Tell us more about this great product.
Are we talking about a nail product here? :)

Can you define sanding band for me please? I use a 240 grit buffer to prepare the natural nail as should all nail techs. Nothing lower than 240 grit! Right Geeks?

The only sanding bands which I am familiar with, are the ones used on electric files. Electric files should never be used to prepare the natural nail whatever the grit.

So please clarify this and if I have misunderstood you, then I appologise in advance.

Latest posts

Back