OK, is this naughty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrown332

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I did three sets of gel nails yesterday on a woman and her 2 daughters yesterday, I've known them for years and years, they asked me how my business is going and how many clients I've got and how much all my gel kit costs, I was very general with my answers not giving them any details, did all the nails perfectly, we had already agreed the price, I charged £30 for each set which is discounted from my prices anyway.

I popped to my mums to say hello after (who lives next door to these clients) and I got a call about 5 mins after I got there from the mother, she said she had knocked her nails against a wall and 3 of them had stripped off (which wouldn't happen as they were totally finished properly) but she didnt want me over to sort them out, she said she was just letting me know, then she got mad and said 'I've been cutting your hair for god knows how many years for £20 instead of my usual £25, the least you can do is a friends and family discount, I think its disgusting that you don't give me a discount, you should really think of your friends and family before you rip people off, my girls aren't happy with theirs either, we won't bitch about you on facebook but we will never use you for ANY treatments ever again and you should think carefully before doing treatments again, I'm so angry and I'm hanging up'.

The first thing I thought when she finished ranting was that they only had the treatments to try and get information out of me (by the way, the mums a hairdresser and one of the daughters does spray tans and waxing) so the daughter can get all the stuff to do gel nails.

What does everyone else think of this?

Any comments would really help me understand this!
Thanks!
Leanne
X

Wow! I don't know what to make of this one! I assume as she knocks 5 off your haircuts that you also knocked 5 off each treatment for her too? Seems really wired for someone to act this way who you've known for years! I would have gone back if I were you been as you were only next door anyway. I don't understand this either! Seems a bit loony to me to just switch like that and get mad at you! Sorry cant help you understand what went on there but didn't want to read and run! Sending you hugs :hug:

Some people are disgusting!! Why should people assume they will get a discount???!!!! This subject really annoys me! What a cheek!! I'd simply ignore her hun, don't ever do their nails again, you certainly don't need customer like that! The only people I give discount to are my family as they help me out with child care ect! Friends don't, they understand I have to earn a living! If anything is do nails at full price then do nail art free of charge.

Keep your head up high!

Whoa!!

That's an unusual outburst from someone who is your hairdresser and lives next door to your Mother.

It puts everyone on a rather difficult position now.

Maybe you could knock on her door and ask her if you two can talk about that phone call.

Let her speak first so she can see that you are listening to her.

When it is your turn, you could say that you were rather taken aback by the manner in which she spoke to you and indeed the things she said to you.

Tell her you don't understand what has caused such a violent reaction .. maybe tell her that if she would like to charge you £25.00 instead of £20.00 for your haircut then she should do that. It's her business and she is supposed to be in control of it.

If is down to the treatment prices she needs to be aware that you discounted the price for her because she is a neighbour and a friend but that like her, you are in business.

And that everyone agreed on the prices before you started and they all left seemingly happy.

Perhaps you could say that you don't necessarily need to use each others services again but as she is your Mother's neighbour you at least need to be civil to each other.

Once you have both spoken hopefully you can salvage something in order to keep the peace but I am not sure that I would want her to do my hair anymore and I would not feel comfortable doing their nails again.

Good luck and I do hope you resolve it.

Thanks for the advice guys! My mum has said that its been a long time coming as they've been funny with her for a fair few months now, she doesn't really want anything to do with her anymore and is finding a new hairdresser as shes stopped cutting hair and she wasn't that brilliant at it either.

To be honest, I don't really want to talk it over, shes said all she has wanted to, she sounded furious and none of my other clients know her which is good so they won't be affected.

I'm guessing no one else has had this problem before, I've been doing gels for quite a while now and this is the first ever complaint I've had and the oddest as the gels were fine and I rubbed them at the end with my finger to show they were dry and wouldn't go anywhere so I think shes just making a fuss because I didn't give her a big discount!

Thanks,
Leanne
X

Thanks for the advice guys! My mum has said that its been a long time coming as they've been funny with her for a fair few months now, she doesn't really want anything to do with her anymore and is finding a new hairdresser as shes stopped cutting hair and she wasn't that brilliant at it either.

To be honest, I don't really want to talk it over, shes said all she has wanted to, she sounded furious and none of my other clients know her which is good so they won't be affected.

I'm guessing no one else has had this problem before, I've been doing gels for quite a while now and this is the first ever complaint I've had and the oddest as the gels were fine and I rubbed them at the end with my finger to show they were dry and wouldn't go anywhere so I think shes just making a fuss because I didn't give her a big discount!

Thanks,
Leanne
X

Good, you have made your decision.

You cannot know why she decided to behave in such an unreasonable manner and if you don't want to do anything further about it then that's it. Don't think about it anymore it's not worth the head space.

Either just say hello when you see her and keep on moving, or ignore her it's up to you.

thanks jacquelineanna and everyone else for all the support, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought she acted incredibly strange!!

Thanks!
Leanne
X

If three of her nails really where damaged within 5 minutes of you leaving ( given that you where only next door ) any normal person would be asking you to pop back into them to fix them .

Sounds like she is trying it on , ignore and move on . You don't Need clients like that - family friend or not xx :hug:

Hey Geeks,

I did three sets of gel nails yesterday on a woman and her 2 daughters yesterday, I've known them for years and years, they asked me how my business is going and how many clients I've got and how much all my gel kit costs, I was very general with my answers not giving them any details, did all the nails perfectly, we had already agreed the price, I charged £30 for each set which is discounted from my prices anyway.

I popped to my mums to say hello after (who lives next door to these clients) and I got a call about 5 mins after I got there from the mother, she said she had knocked her nails against a wall and 3 of them had stripped off (which wouldn't happen as they were totally finished properly) but she didnt want me over to sort them out, she said she was just letting me know, then she got mad and said 'I've been cutting your hair for god knows how many years for £20 instead of my usual £25, the least you can do is a friends and family discount, I think its disgusting that you don't give me a discount, you should really think of your friends and family before you rip people off, my girls aren't happy with theirs either, we won't bitch about you on facebook but we will never use you for ANY treatments ever again and you should think carefully before doing treatments again, I'm so angry and I'm hanging up'.

The first thing I thought when she finished ranting was that they only had the treatments to try and get information out of me (by the way, the mums a hairdresser and one of the daughters does spray tans and waxing) so the daughter can get all the stuff to do gel nails.

What does everyone else think of this?

Any comments would really help me understand this!
Thanks!
Leanne
X
Your friend is no friend that is someone with a bad attidude you should be careful who you do as they can hang round you to nick your trade and under cut you so you close:eek:

You say she only had 5 min. to put that nasty phone verbiage together? I think not, that was planned and the only reason they even got the nails to start with is because they were fishing for info.
She wanted free nails and free info.
Let this one past.
But to be honest i think she will call again to try to get reimbursement from you. Don't give in to this kind of bullying.
Hope you week goes better!!

No discounted haircut could be worth that abuse.

Kick her to the curb.

Gr8nails! You are back! & as straight talking as always! Welcome back ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

You don't need a friend/hairdresser like that.

Avoid her.

What the heck is up with people!

Is it really so difficult for people to behave like civilised human beings?

Keep your distance and keep your opinions on these "ladies" ? to yourself, that way they have no come back on you.

Find a more accommodating hairdresser and if they want to have their nails done by you in the future, smile sweetly and explain that you are (very conveniently) fully booked.

I feel very sorry for those who act in this manner.

Hi, I'm not sticking up for her but did you discuss the price before you started? Was she aware you were discounting her £5 each set like she discounts you £5 each haircut? Was she happy with that arrangement beforehand? If yes, then I reckon she was prob fishing for info and is miffed that she's paid nearly £100 and hasn't got much info out of you. I would just be civil if you see her about or when you go to your mums and don't get into a slanging match with her.

Hi, I'm not sticking up for her but did you discuss the price before you started? Was she aware you were discounting her £5 each set like she discounts you £5 each haircut? Was she happy with that arrangement beforehand? If yes, then I reckon she was prob fishing for info and is miffed that she's paid nearly £100 and hasn't got much info out of you. I would just be civil if you see her about or when you go to your mums and don't get into a slanging match with her.
She says in her op that the price was agreed before hand :)

Jurate xx

What a little cheek! You should have said
"i understand your upset so i'll be right over to look at the 3 nails, even if you don't want them fixed i'd like to see what iv done wrong. Especially since we have had such a good relationship"
Then you should have walked your little behind over there and knocked :p

Wow what a horrible way to react!! I just don't understand people! Maybe I am too nice but if that happened to me I would just ring the nail tech, explain what happened and see if they can fix it! Had she done that, I'm sure you would have been more than happy to help, but instead she hurled abuse at you. There is absolutely no need for that.

My thought is that you did a totally WONDERFUL job & she is just trying to make you feel like rubbish because she wishes her daughter is as talented as you. hehehe.

Whatever you decide to do, be nice and the bigger person, she just wants you to react to her.

Question asked and answered.

Perhaps it is also a prudent time to remind everyone that threads can be seen by members of the public, as well as clients, so if you don't want people to potentially read what you may be saying about them, then please think again before you post, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back