OK Magazine is not OK!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you possibly scan the picture and post it so we all can see it? and rip them apart ;)

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just hanging with Mrs Geek after my long trip back... (I came home early as today is our 4 year anniversary)... purusing through her OK mag... (Shes is a big buyer... being in PR and such)

And about dropped a load when I saw the close up nail/ring shot on page 69... Just about lost my lunch... I really dont mean offense if someone here did them... but they look like elephant hooves on the end of her fingers... now mind you... she has tiny beds... that makes it that much more difficult to make them look slim and beautiful... but still... How many times have the camera really screwed over a perfectly good shoot for you?... what do you UK birds think of those nails?... guess they never heard of PhotoShop (ha ha ;) ) ! The camera is the antithesis of good nails.

tooodles

what u mean by nail ring? lol :rolleyes:

I have never heard of it.
I see pics all the time in Nails mag and think...dang with all the great techs out there...who the heck put the gels on for this ad?

I am very critical but it is ok because I am even more critical of my own work! lol ;)

LayStar said:
what u mean by nail ring? lol :rolleyes:
There is a shot of nails that I think was supposed to be a shot of her ring. Too bad the nails draw the attention :?

As for scanning... Id love too... but dont have a scanner... maybe one of the brittish birds can help?

Christie... what nails are you refering to?

toodles

The Nail Geek said:
Christie... what nails are you refering to?

toodles
I can name one...LeChat
YUCK!

Well paddles springs to mind :oops: ...................looks like french tips just stuck on.
It's a shame, the Tech should have stuck to just plain Extensions and then she could have airbrushed or painted the smile line further towards the free edge. that way giving the illusion of a larger nailbed.
If you guys know what i mean.
How do you post a scanned piccie on here :?: . I know how to do that with one thats from a website. :p
Love :silly: Ruth :silly:

Heehee...LeChat is the one I was thinking of. Those are the stupidest looking things. Don't they know professional techs are gonna see these ads?

Christie's Nails said:
Heehee...LeChat is the one I was thinking of. Those are the stupidest looking things. Don't they know professional techs are gonna see these ads?

I just have to say... I don't know what the hell you and Patti are on about... but I have been weeing myself from reading your posts... Please... Keep me in stitches....:hic:

Tooodles

hi geek

could figure out how to scan picture onto message board computers ain't my thing !!! so i have sent the said picture :oops: straight to your e-mail.
Can't wait for the other girls to see this picture where did she get them done ???

Thanks to crazy, we have the pic here... sadly... its really small so its a lil difficult to see the quality :puke:

ug.jpg

Whatcha all think?

toodles

The Nail Geek said:
Thanks to crazy, we have the pic here... sadly... its really small so its a lil difficult to see the quality :puke:

ug.jpg

Whatcha all think?

toodles

Nice ring......

:mrgreen:

LOL :D LOL :D LOL !! oh dear...snif...lol

Hi all, Just seen the picture you guys put up from OK mag.I class myself as a novice and if I were responsible for those: :oops: I would'nt have let the client out of the door :rofl:

Ha Ha, He He, Oh Oh, Ha Ha :rofl: (slap)

Sorry just couldn't contain myself!!

Ever so delirious
Dellie

hmmmmmmm nice nails...very tacky...very cheap....oh how swanky.

i HATE it when the smile lines are half way down the nailbed, it looks very very fake and gives the appearance of short, stubby nails. Many of my friends who have had their nails done, look like the ones in that pic. :frust: damn meeping hollywood nails

xxlay-layxx

Hiya

I'm going to be slightly controversial here, and for that I apologise...... :oops:

When I saw the front cover of the Encyclopedia of Nails by Anne Swain and Jacqui Jefford I just think the hand doesn't do (assumably Jacqui's) work any justice at all. The nail plates look like they have some damage to them, the nail beds are short with too much white tip and the model has crooked fingers.

Surely when you are Jacqui and you are creating such a brilliant book you are going to have a model with long, straight fingers and beautiful virgin nail plates to really show them off :?

Like I say, slightly (or majorly) controversial, but if I was going to enter a competition I would be looking for the perfect hand/nails to make my enhancements look as beautiful as they possibly can.

Sorry Jacqui, if you tune in, as I really do think you're fab!! 8)

Adele

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol :D :D :D :D
theres hope for us all. ;) they give the untouchables a run for their money :salute: :well i certainly feel better now..he he he he he he

Peppercorn Nails said:
I just think the hand doesn't do (assumably Jacqui's) work any justice at all.

Actually, I quite agree and me writing this is quite controversial enough!! I adore JJ's work but the cover could have been much better! :huh:

Actually, I quite agree and me writing this is quite controversial enough!! I adore JJ's work but the cover could have been much better

phew.....and I thought nobody would ever talk to me again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back