OK, So what are the best brand names?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacquisu

Reaction score
Hi, I want to change my product range (cheap crap!, :o too embarassed to tell you what make it is!!!!) but I don't know which brands to go with next. I like to offer a choice of l&p and gel to my clients. I hear a lot of talk about creative from some ambassadors on here but I'd like to know by those who use it rather that those that sell it please!! So whats the general concensus and whose using what!???

Also I have tons of left over powder but very little liquid so whats your thoughts about mixing brand names if I buy liquid in a different make?

Thanks for your help

if you mix different brands of powders and monomers then you are fiddling with the chemical reactions, not something I think anyone will advise you to do, stick to the same brand for both powders and liquids.

I use CND Brisa, it's a fab gel, does what I want it to, gives me the results I require and more importantly my clients love the look and feel of it, they are amazed by how light and natural looking it is :D

jacquisu said:
Hi, I want to change my product range (cheap crap!, :o too embarassed to tell you what make it is!!!!) but I don't know which brands to go with next. I like to offer a choice of l&p and gel to my clients. I hear a lot of talk about creative from some ambassadors on here but I'd like to know by those who use it rather that those that sell it please!! So whats the general concensus and whose using what!???

Also I have tons of left over powder but very little liquid so whats your thoughts about mixing brand names if I buy liquid in a different make?

Thanks for your help
Most of what you will hear on here re Creative nail designs will be from users not ambassadors and as a user of all their products I can vouch for them they are the best I have ever used.
Mixing brands does not work as the products are developed to go with each other so not a good idea!!!

As has been said already, most of the posters on here are users rather than Ambassadors.

Creative is one of the top brands around for both Liquid and Powder and Gel.

Other good brands to look out for are EZ Flow, NSI, Akzentz and a new one called Entity.

Have a look around and see if you can either get to the shows coming up or buy some try me kits.

Above all, whichever brand you are interested in, it is worth doing their training to get the best from your chosen product.

sorry If I offended any of you by calling you ambassadors - just I've read a few posts on here before and it all just seemed like sales talk for the same product.

If creative really is the best around then bring it on! I've already started to check prices...........

I dont think anyone was offended.

Please dont only base your decision on price alone - we all know that if you buy cheap loo roll you end up using twice as much as the good quality stuff LOL.

jacquisu said:
sorry If I offended any of you by calling you ambassadors - just I've read a few posts on here before and it all just seemed like sales talk for the same product.

If creative really is the best around then bring it on! I've already started to check prices...........
no offense taken (I'm sure the other cnd users will agree)... the thing is, if a product does what you want it to and performs better than anything else you've used then you're going to shout about it... hence why so many cnd users might seem like ambassadors :wink2:

Creative is the best training I have also had and they get loads of awards for that.

naturalnails said:

Please dont only base your decision on price alone - we all know that if you buy cheap loo roll you end up using twice as much as the good quality stuff LOL.

Crikey - well if we're comparing loo roll to nail products then my brand was the sort that crackles and scratches your bum!!!!!:wink2:

"Best Brand " is relative.

It all depends on the user and what you mean by "best brand".
Do you mean best performance?
Most popular?

Again, those answers will depend on the users and their own successes or failures with different products.

I 'personally" prefer Forze Uv Gel & Nailite Gel. I've tried about 10 different gels.. and these click for me.

As for L&P, I have samples.. but so far, haven't had much time to take a crack (have a few diff samples to try...)

Try a couple of sample kits and decide what works best for YOU.
THAT will be the BEST BRAND.;)

naturalnails said:

Just a quick note:
While I agree wholeheartedly with what's said here being that cheap will cost you more in the long run... it depends on your definition of cheap.

Cost is NOT always indicative of quality.
My UV Gels are more budget friendly than most.. and my successes with them.... I will NEVER complain and nor do my clients...
No lifting at 8wks? that's something to sing about.

To me, cheap is 'poor quality' and not necessarily in reference to the price tag.
Dont always be too quick to judge on pricetag alone.
You could cheat yourself in the long run.

Again, experimentation and education about the different products is the best way to make a personal decision about what works best for YOU and your clients.
And dont be too quick to judge a product the first few times you use it. It usually takes more than a handful of tries to "get it down" as they say....

Good luck:green:

jacquisu said:

I would be far from dissapointed to be mistakenly called a Creative Ambassador!! I am a Creative user and have used other products and I have to say I find Creative far superior - just my opinion though, have a look through some of the other threads on this. x

jacquisu said:
Crikey - well if we're comparing loo roll to nail products then my brand was the sort that crackles and scratches your bum!!!!!:wink2:

That is sooo funny...I used to be a Sales Manager for a company that used that exact quote when trying to sell GOOD quality washroom products as oppopsed to Izal!!!!!!!!

Hey....sorry but I'm an Ambassador...absolutely NOT offended in any way...but still want to make a point if that's ok?

The only reason I became an Ambassador for Creative was because I had been in the nail salon business a long time and had trained with Creative BUT had also tried almost all the other products available to me at that time...I always came back to Creative because they were quite simply the BEST, sorry if you think this is bias but it is bias based on experience and knowledge of the industry:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

it's all relative, but by far Creative teach the best looking nail.
Products vary, but with larger companies like Creative, Ezeflow and OPI, you have the best comeback as they have the better reputations and are not simply repackaged bulk products. Although you may be pleasantly surprised by a few of the cheaper brands.
It would be so nice if a look could be developed for each country, rather than a total American looking nail all over the world.
Just because a poster looks a certain way, doesnt mean all nails should look like that.

Whatever happened to guessing if a nail was real or not?

im creative all the way i just:Love: the stuff:D

nailzoo said:
Whatever happened to guessing if a nail was real or not?
that's where the word 'enhancement' comes into it's own...
I love natural nail enhancements, where no white is used at all, that to me is an enhanced nail :D
however, virtually none of my clients want natural, they all want french :rolleyes:

I very much agree with Nail-zoo's opinion on 'doing nails to suit and the guessing game'. As much as I respect the big US names that have produced award winning nails many times over... I don't like the look and think it sad, that this look is the one 'measured' when it comes to comp nails. That said, if it wasn't that look, it would be something else and we would all have opinions on that! :irked:

A nail enhancement, extension, false nail - whatever you choose to call them.. should ENHANCE the nails and hand of the client to MAKE THE LOOK BETTER. Yes I know many clients LOVE the footballers wives look and many love the French look, but a look that is subtle as it is classy, as it is natural... is a beautiful look. The best compliment a nail-tek-artist-stylist can get is when his/her client is asked "Oh my god your nails are beautiful; I wish my natural nails looked like that'... to which your client can reply... 'well, they're not actually mine... but they are gorgeous aren't they.... ' hey presto - you got yourself another client! :hug:

Latest posts

Back