Olaplex and perming question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question, I am perming a client that has some bleach through her hair[emoji15] I have done a couple of stand alone treatments with Olaplex already and she has got very strong hair and I plan to use Olaplex as well in the neutralising. I was thinking of using a pre perm treatment as well, would this be needed as well as Olaplex or am I being too cautious. Feedback would be gratefully received.

Anyone [emoji53]

Anyone [emoji53]
Hello! Have you already seen your client? How did it go? I am an avid Olaplex user. I don't usually do perms though. There is a wonderful website, app and Facebook page called Olaplex Users. I hope you can join the fb page. The educators are on real time to answer your questions and they added a real time chat to the website! Hope this helps!

✨UPDATED PERM DIRECTIONS!✨
OLAPLEX 12-Step Perming System as done by Joe Santy

My personal definition of coloring, perming, relaxing and straightening is the “controlled destruction of the hair.” The operative word is “controlled.” With perming, OLAPLEX, for the first time in the history is a bond builder that allows you to lessen or eliminate the damage throughout the whole process. This is especially important with color treated or previously permed hair. The amazing part is that it doesn’t hinder the perming process. Below is what I generally use with all my perm services. Pay attention to the Italics as they will tell you what to do for specific hair types or skip those steps if you feel they aren’t needed. As a company representative, I strive to use the minimum amount of OLAPLEX to keep it cost effective for everyone involved; and at the same time the right amount to yield the most efficacious, optimum results.

1. Do a thorough consultation to understand what the client wants, doesn’t want, and try to read between the lines into maybe what they aren’t saying.

2.Shampoo the hair with a good chelating/de-mineralizing shampoo.

3. If the hair is compromised, lightened, color-treated or previously permed, take equal amounts of OLAPLEX No.2 and a good protein conditioner/reconstructor, mix in a bowl, apply to the towel dried hair, working it through the highly porous/damaged areas with your fingers. After being applied, sit the client under a comfortably hot dryer without a plastic bag (you want the mixture to dry thoroughly into the hair) Once bone-dry, mist client’s hair with water and proceed to wrap perm. You can skip this step with normal or virgin hair.

4.After perm is wrapped add 1/16 of an ounce of OLAPLEX No.1 to waving lotion. Apply to rods. This will not slow down or hinder the processing time.

5.Test curl immediately to gauge how long to set your timer for. Use your professional judgment when determining your test curl intervals.

6.Once the test curl is fully developed, rinse with as hot water as possible to flush away any thio residues.

7.Towel blot thoroughly, I use terry first, then follow up with paper towels.

8. Creep Time is the time between when you finish towel blotting and the time you begin to apply the neutralizer. With normal hair I leave 5 minutes before applying the neutralizer, fine hair and overly porous hair up to 30 minutes. This allows the softened hair to settle into its new formation and helps with curl resiliency and durability in the end result.

9. Add 1/16 ounce of OLAPLEX No.1 to neutralizer.

10. Follow the steps below according to the hair type you are working on (mix the OLAPLEX Mixture in a non-spraying applicator bottle)

11. After removing rods, rinse with cool water and give a light shampoo. There is no need for a 48-hour waiting period after doing neutralization with OLAPLEX. As this finishes oxidation, you may shampoo after. We do not recommend using No.2 due to weight and length of time left on the hair. If you have used OLAPLEX throughout the whole process

12. Style as usual.

Extremely Damaged
USE OLAPLEX No.1 Without Diluting
Apply Neutralizer To Each Rod, Time For 5 Minutes. Rinse Rods And Towel Blot. Apply OLAPLEX Over Each Rod, Set A Timer For 5 Minutes. At The End Of The First 5 Minutes, Reapply OLAPLEX Over Each Rod And Time For An Additional 5 Minutes. Remove Rods And Rinse Thoroughly.

Tinted and Highlighted (Multi-Dimensional)
Mix 1ounce Of OLAPLEX No.1 With 3 Ounces Of Water (Distilled Is Preferred But Not Necessary Unless You Have Hard Water)
Apply Neutralizer To Each Rod And Immediately Apply the OLAPLEX Mixture Down Over Neutralizer. Time For 5 Minutes. Reapply The OLAPLEX Mixture And Time For An Additional 5 Minutes. Remove Rods And Rinse Thoroughly.

Tinted
Mix 1ounce Of OLAPLEX No. 1 With 3 Ounces Of Water (Distilled Is Preferred But Not Necessary Unless You Have Hard Water)
Apply Neutralizer To Each Rod And Immediately Apply OLAPLEX Mixture Down Over Neutralizer. Time For 10 Minutes. Remove Rods And Rinse Thoroughly.

Normal/Virgin
Mix 1ounce Of OLAPLEX No. 1 With 3 Ounces Of Water (Distilled Is Preferred But Not Necessary Unless You Have Hard Water)
Apply Neutralizer To Each Rod And Immediately Apply OLAPLEX Mixture Down Over Neutralizer. Time For 10 Minutes. Remove Rods And Rinse Thoroughly.

Please Note: The OLAPLEX Mixture stay fresh for at least two weeks if capped and it is always good to keep some premixed available to use.

Hi just a quick question, I am perming a client that has some bleach through her hair[emoji15] I have done a couple of stand alone treatments with Olaplex already and she has got very strong hair and I plan to use Olaplex as well in the neutralising. I was thinking of using a pre perm treatment as well, would this be needed as well as Olaplex or am I being too cautious. Feedback would be gratefully received.
I have permed virgin hair that had heavy highlights through it and used 1/16 oz in perm solution and 1/16 in neutralizer. Followed by the Olaplex 1/2 oz with 3 oz water mixture over the neutralizer like the directions say.By pre treatment do you mean the ones that come with the perm or the pre treatment in the new Olaplex directions? As far as being too cautious I don't think you can be.

Latest posts

Back