Olaplex in the UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the real stuff will make its way round soon enough ;)

Anyone got any tips on marketing it?

Just explain what it does! Healthier hair, and longer lasting color.

Good point, will it invalidate your insurance?

Since MI don't mention adding it to colour?

I've been asking my salon to try it out for ages and the won't even try !!! the American based geeks make it sound like it makes your hair smooth and soft so I want to try it out on some one but I found some other stuff called neoplex .... anyone know if it's similar stuff ??

(Edited by a mod to remove derogatory term)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been asking my salon to try it out for ages and the won't even try !!! the American based geeks make it sound like it makes your hair smooth and soft so I want to try it out on some one but I found some other stuff called neoplex .... anyone know if it's similar stuff ??

Omg!

Last edited by a moderator:
What do u mean? Are there issues with it?

No no!!

But IF something does happen, insurance MIGHT not pay out because you haven't followed the colours MIs.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
No no!!

But IF something does happen, insurance MIGHT not pay out because you haven't followed the colours MIs.
Ah I see... Took me a few posts then to realise what mi was :oops: good point tho, I wonder how that will pan out??

Has anyone added a tiny dab of Olaplex in with the tint when you do a skin test?

Nope but interesting point

Sorry was non meant to say geeks [emoji85]was meant to be stylist [emoji137]

Can we all agree that some terms for describing ethnicity are best avoided and lets get back to discussing Olaplex. Thank you. :)

Has anyone added a tiny dab of Olaplex in with the tint when you do a skin test?

Yes, I did this on myself prior to using it.

Good point, will it invalidate your insurance?

Since MI don't mention adding it to colour?

Manufactures warranties are void more often then you may think. If you are not using a digital scale, if you process your color even 1 minute longer than directed, use heat when not directed, etc, it is no longer valid. Do you patch test every single client? Olaplex works independently of color and does not affect the color chemistry. The color manufacturer would be responsible for any defect in color. We have never heard of an actual case of any color manufacturer defending a colorist or assisting in any legal issues. The topic is worth researching!

(Edited by a mod to remove derogatory term)

Niophlex is in no way similar. Ingredient deck breaks down as follows:

Niophlex primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. In addition to these first three ingredients, you have multiple oils. At best, this will coat the hair. This does not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds.

In addition, Niophlex shares identical or nearly identical decks with 6+ other products. Eslabondexx, Cureplex, ProCortex, Amika Virgin, Bondex, Bondplex, and more. It's most likely the same factory private labeling under different names. If these products were unique or provided anything different in this industry, they would have patented the chemistry.

Olaplex is the only cross linking chemistry available with patents to back that up. We have one published already with 7 more following worldwide.

Methods for Fixing Hair and Skin. Patent Number: 9095518

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/craig-j-hawker

Anyone know when olaplex will be available to ALL hair professionals in uk yet? Its still only available to the 'top' salons.

Its a bit of a p***take. Been waiting for it for ages... Beginning to think we're not getting it at all.
I got a phone call Tuesday from me registering on their site months ago. My order arrived Friday but they only sent me the trial size as all salon sizes were out of stock till sept when the new shipment comes in.

And we pay more, & no no3 in box. But I am buzzing that I finally got mine

Cannot wait to go to A and F and see what's there! Hopefully all the salons locally are behind! [emoji12]

You can buy it online I'm sure x

Yeah me too but I'm getting a bit inpatient haha I just wanna get my hands on it x

Latest posts

Back