Olaplex usage how often?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wanted to see how often you would recommend to have the olaplex treatment done? (#1 and #2 treatment) is once a week too much? Or can you have it as often as you want?

Also how long can you leave it on? is there a maximum time? Would it be ok to not get it washed out and leave on overnight?

Would appreciate any advice.

Kayla xx

Once a week is lovley :) my colleague is doing this right now and her hair is AMAZING!!!!
The educators have said that 30 mins is the most beneficial time to leave it on but I know lots of people who leave it longer, they don't recommend you sleep in it as it could go in your eyes (that stings like mad I promise!)

Sorry this is not an answer to you but I want to add olaplex to my business but it's not available in my wholesalers. Where do you get it x

Sorry this is not an answer to you but I want to add olaplex to my business but it's not available in my wholesalers. Where do you get it x
Aston & fincher, you need to speak to them on the phone and they'll sort a rep to come see you it's not on the website, everyone needs olaplex in their business :)

Hi ladies

Just wanted to see how often you would recommend to have the olaplex treatment done? (#1 and #2 treatment) is once a week too much? Or can you have it as often as you want?

Also how long can you leave it on? is there a maximum time? Would it be ok to not get it washed out and leave on overnight?

Would appreciate any advice.

Kayla xx
It really depends! I have a few guest who have been referred to me specifically because we have Olaplex, and their hair is in very poor shape. I have had them doing stand alones 2 times a week, then down to once every 2 weeks with #3 usage at home. Use your best judgement for everyday hair, but once a week is amazing!

Went on a loreal colour course today at my local wholesalers. Someone asked if they are bringing out their version of a 'plex' which my rep had said last month was looking on the cards. The trainer didn't respond to their question but basically said their top of the range lightner 'is the same as olaplex and works the same way so it's not needed'! [emoji24]. I was a bit shocked that an educator would say that, maybe that's what she has been told to say by her bosses but surely any one whose done any research on olaplex knows it works in a unique way! It would have been best if she just said olaplex wasn't needed with that lightner!
I must admit I prefer it as a stand alone but the clients that had it in with their colour or h/l last time and come every 8 weeks or so are asking for it again when they rebook so they seem to be noticing the difference and improvement to their hair.

Went on a loreal colour course today at my local wholesalers. Someone asked if they are bringing out their version of a 'plex' which my rep had said last month was looking on the cards. The trainer didn't respond to their question but basically said their top of the range lightner 'is the same as olaplex and works the same way so it's not needed'! [emoji24]. I was a bit shocked that an educator would say that, maybe that's what she has been told to say by her bosses but surely any one whose done any research on olaplex knows it works in a unique way! It would have been best if she just said olaplex wasn't needed with that lightner!
I must admit I prefer it as a stand alone but the clients that had it in with their colour or h/l last time and come every 8 weeks or so are asking for it again when they rebook so they seem to be noticing the difference and improvement to their hair.

That's a bunch of boloney since Olaplex is patented, with 8 different patents. There is NOTHING like Olaplex out there, the copies are only costing the surface with oils, dimethicones and the such to make the hair feel better but none of them is bonding the broken disulfide bonds
As a chemist I've analyzed most of the "wanttobe" products out there that are saying they are like Olaplex, they just aren't, the chemistry is not there.
Olaplex does what it says it does, bonding the broken disulfide bonds back together which makes the hair stronger again since the disulfide bonds back together.
Just remember this is a patented product that CAN NOT BE DUPILCATED!!!
-Mags Kavanaugh

That's a bunch of boloney since Olaplex is patented, with 8 different patents. There is NOTHING like Olaplex out there, the copies are only costing the surface with oils, dimethicones and the such to make the hair feel better but none of them is bonding the broken disulfide bonds
As a chemist I've analyzed most of the "wanttobe" products out there that are saying they are like Olaplex, they just aren't, the chemistry is not there.
Olaplex does what it says it does, bonding the broken disulfide bonds back together which makes the hair stronger again since the disulfide bonds back together.
Just remember this is a patented product that CAN NOT BE DUPILCATED!!!
-Mags Kavanaugh
I know, it was a ridiculous thing to say but I didn't want to embarrass her or get into a debate with her about it in the middle of my course so kept quiet. I'm guessing they have been told to say that!

Sometime you just have to clear up the BS out there and get the facts straight. Many companies out there are saying their product is like Olaplex which is a patent violation which as a chemist gets my goat!!! Companies should just promote the good in their products without bashing another.
JMHO

All of these answers are wonderful. Olaplex is not a protein so it cannot be overused.

Latest posts

Back