Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it will be available to us freelance stylists and those of us with in small salons? I'm dying to get my hands on some and so are my clients!

Olaplex will be available to all professional stylists!

Do you know when though? The form I filled in definately was aimed at high priced salons only.

Do you know when though? The form I filled in definately was aimed at high priced salons only.

We are working through pre-order list as quickly as possible and then it will be available for all stylists.

I've just placed my first order to be here tomorrow!!!!!

You can get the alternative product Magi:bond which we love and we get ours from our rep at alan howard, i think there website is www.alanhoward.co.uk we get free next day delivery and it is VERY affordable.

I've already had to break this down before and I'll do it again. Magi:Bond does not build bonds. Magi:Bond primary active ingredient is N-acetyl cysteine, or NAC is generally used as a supplement for hair loss. Most commonly, doctors might prescribe this drug as an inhalant to treat mucus buildup. NAC may also provide antioxidants that help to combat aging factors, such as hair loss. Hair loss is a medical issue and entirely different than preventing and repairing damage. In addition, with NAC products, the problem is that visible hair is not living. It has already been created, and it cannot incorporate L-cysteine into its structure. And unless you leave the product on your scalp 24 hours a day, the L-cysteine is not going to seep into the follicle that produces the hair, which uses glycine and tyrosine in greater amounts than L-cysteine. Soy isoflavones is generally used as a hair growth supplement and would have no effect in regards to actual chemistry. Keratin protein is just that, protein which is an entirely separate issue. None of these ingredients build or cross link broken disulfide bonds in the hair. Ingredient decks don't show bias. There is no comparison between the two products.

Olaplex works by cross linking single sulfur hydrogen bonds both ionically and covalently to create disulfide bonds. This single active ingredient has 8 worldwide patents publishing shortly. http://www.google.com/patents/US20150034117

i don't really care what your product is, i and my friends who all have salons have got Magi:bond and we love it, it is an Alternative, more affordable, EASIER to use, more accesable, for a wider audience and is for ALL to use. Please do read my comment !!

You're posting a product that has zero basis in chemistry on an Olaplex thread. It's not an alternative. It's a knockoff. Chemistry cannot be faked. In another thread, you went as far as slandering Olaplex saying the ingredients were banned in the EU. You seem to have something specifically against it. We have full EU compliance as we have reach certification and green certification.

Last edited:
As a professional it is really frustrating to me to see people talking about other products and calling them alternatives to olaplex. Olaplex is unique and anyone who can't understand that doesn't understand their hair chemistry. It is arrogant and highly unethical to even consider advertising a product which is just a surface conditioner as an olaplex alternative. There is only 1 olaplex and while it may be frustrating that there are shipping problems that is outside the control of the company. I've used magibond and the effects last about a week because it is just a surface conditioner.
Olaplex do want every one to have their product. The salon where I work in a tiny village in North Wales got it when it was first released in the UK because we were aware of the product several months before it hit the UK and got our name on the list for it. The questions on the website don't affect your ability to buy it, but If you are only trying to get itnow well you just have to wait. But I guarantee you that Olaplex is a unique product and all the others are just jumping on the bandwagon trying to make a quick buck, and distributors are lying too as we were initially told magibond was the same. But I didn't believe that from the start. Thank you Jordan for being so professional in your replies to such petulant moaning.

Chris here here!!

I have to say I've been down on the list since mid to late last year but as it's just little old me I think I was pushed right down the list... But mine arrives tomorrow and I cannot wait. Good things come to those who wait...

6886 it does seem that maybe you might have something to do with the company magi bond or whatever it's called. But perhaps rather than deviating from the post start your own.

I've already had to break this down before and I'll do it again. Magi:Bond does not build bonds. Magi:Bond primary active ingredient is N-acetyl cysteine, or NAC is generally used as a supplement for hair loss. Most commonly, doctors might prescribe this drug as an inhalant to treat mucus buildup. NAC may also provide antioxidants that help to combat aging factors, such as hair loss. Hair loss is a medical issue and entirely different than preventing and repairing damage. In addition, with NAC products, the problem is that visible hair is not living. It has already been created, and it cannot incorporate L-cysteine into its structure. And unless you leave the product on your scalp 24 hours a day, the L-cysteine is not going to seep into the follicle that produces the hair, which uses glycine and tyrosine in greater amounts than L-cysteine. Soy isoflavones is generally used as a hair growth supplement and would have no effect in regards to actual chemistry. Keratin protein is just that, protein which is an entirely separate issue. None of these ingredients build or cross link broken disulfide bonds in the hair. Ingredient decks don't show bias. There is no comparison between the two products.

Olaplex works by cross linking single sulfur hydrogen bonds both ionically and covalently to create disulfide bonds. This single active ingredient has 8 worldwide patents publishing shortly. http://www.google.com/patents/US20150034117
Thank you Jordan for clarifying everything so clearly! I have spent hours searching the net for the differences between Olaplex, Cureplex etc. trying to make up my mind about which I would purchase, which is how I stumbled across this forum. I have found so many conflicting stories; salons that have tested all products and many remarkably saying that cureplex was the best! As a small, owner operator Australian salon, I desperately wanted to believe their claims!! Olaplex Professional Deal $911.00, Cureplex $399.00 for same size deal!!! But alas, the old adage you get what you pay for is true. The science is not there...... It just sux that we have to pay so much for everything in Australia.

Chris here here!!

I have to say I've been down on the list since mid to late last year but as it's just little old me I think I was pushed right down the list... But mine arrives tomorrow and I cannot wait. Good things come to those who wait...

6886 it does seem that maybe you might have something to do with the company magi bond or whatever it's called. But perhaps rather than deviating from the post start your own.[/QUOTE
I've just placed my first order to be here tomorrow!!!!!
Ive got it,yaaaaah, from Aston and Fincher.The manager Paul came took me through everything to do with measuring,for what etc,he was very interesting and I think a beautiful professional relationship is born. I actually bought the salon intro pack and so happy.

That was the form we filled in too Hun! X

Ok so far I've done the salon treatment - amazing and then today on a full-head bleach, also amazing. I did half the recommended dose (just under 2mls) for bleach as was advised to do so for on-scalp. Didn't swell or get hot, and actually lifted quicker than usual. No breakage and condition was amazing. Really impressed. Yet to try with a Colour treatment but I'm very confident that Olaplex will deliver. So good!

Well done Allie!! See I told you. We should thank Suse.

Guys contact Aston & Fincher ok

Thank you Jordan for clarifying everything so clearly! I have spent hours searching the net for the differences between Olaplex, Cureplex etc. trying to make up my mind about which I would purchase, which is how I stumbled across this forum. I have found so many conflicting stories; salons that have tested all products and many remarkably saying that cureplex was the best! As a small, owner operator Australian salon, I desperately wanted to believe their claims!! Olaplex Professional Deal $911.00, Cureplex $399.00 for same size deal!!! But alas, the old adage you get what you pay for is true. The science is not there...... It just sux that we have to pay so much for everything in Australia.

The large Australian kit comes with 24 No.3's which is your retail / continuation of service. Cost per application averages out to right around $5. No.3 averages out to $28 our cost with recommended retail in AU of $49.95 via Haircare Australia. Not that crazy when everything is broken down! If you need anything at all, let me know.

Ok so far I've done the salon treatment - amazing and then today on a full-head bleach, also amazing. I did half the recommended dose (just under 2mls) for bleach as was advised to do so for on-scalp. Didn't swell or get hot, and actually lifted quicker than usual. No breakage and condition was amazing. Really impressed. Yet to try with a Colour treatment but I'm very confident that Olaplex will deliver. So good!

Well done Allie!! See I told you. We should thank Suse.

Guys contact Aston & Fincher ok
I've not used it yet on a full head bleach, used it as a treatment and used it a couple of times for balayage and once lightening already balayaged ends with no breakage at all.

Ok so.... I've seen Olaplex on EBay. Thoughts please
We are very aware of the unauthorized selling of Olaplex being sold by unautorized sellers and we are fighting it every day. These are what we consider "salon unprofessionals" who purchase and resell to make a profit. We cannot guarantee the products have not been tampered with or diluted. Please educate your clients on this matter. Just last week we shut down a site -- unfortunately it was a salon owner that thought they could make a few bucks. Very short sighted if you ask me. This problem is a constant battle which we take very seriously and work tirelessly to curtail. Unfortunately when you shut down one, another on pops up in its place making our jobs that much harder. We will continue our tireless efforts to keep this a professional only brand and we appreciate both your patience, and bringing this to our attention.

After being on the list with Leslie Spears for UK distribution I have since got it through Salon Promotions whom I think now have the northern area for distribution for any of you who are still trying to get Olaplex :)

Oh dam I've just ordered a trail size on eBay have I done wrong ?

How can you be certain it's genuine and not a dangerous fake?
Definitely only buy from an authorised distributor and NEVER use products bought on eBay on clients. it's not worth the risk of causing them harm.

How can you be certain it's genuine and not a dangerous fake?
Definitely only buy from an authorised distributor and NEVER use products bought on eBay on clients. it's not worth the risk of causing them harm.
To be honest I was going to try it on my own hair.

Latest posts

Back