Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
I am completely new to this! Could someone explain to me exactly what it is, what does it do? When to use it?

I appreciate your time :)

I am completely new to this! Could someone explain to me exactly what it is, what does it do? When to use it?

1. Olaplex is free of silicone, sulfates, phthalates, DEA, aldehydes, gluten and is never tested on animals. Olaplexreconnects broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair. Hair bonds are broken during thermal, mechanical and chemical services. Please go to Olaplex.com for more information and even download the app for your phone as well. You can also join the Olaplex users forum
    On Facebook if you are a professional. - hope this helps. - Jenn :)

Olaplex is a revolutionary new hair product changing the way we use color. Olaplex will strengthen your hair with every chemical service. Olaplex gives hair colorists the ability to treat even the most over-processed hair without the risks of damage. The more your colorist uses Olaplex in your color the better your hair will feel. Discovered by pulitzer prize winning scientists in California this hair product has been dubbed The Holy Grail of hair color. The science behind an Olaplex Treatment is it’s capability to strengthen the bonds of our hair by multiplying them. Olaplex is completely silicone, sulfate and DEA free and never tested on animals. With every Olaplaex treatment your hair gets stronger and is protected from future damage. This innovative hair color treatment has stylists from coast to coast transforming hair with amazing results.

Please join www.OlaplexUsers.com to have more one on one help :)

How do you go about introducing olaplex into your services. Do you include it into your colour price or add an extra charge if clients ask for it?
I'm thinking of introducing this into my salon but not sure how to go about it. We are probably the most low priced salon in my town so I can't just start using it on all my clients for the same price or I'll make no profit x

How do you go about introducing olaplex into your services. Do you include it into your colour price or add an extra charge if clients ask for it?
I'm thinking of introducing this into my salon but not sure how to go about it. We are probably the most low priced salon in my town so I can't just start using it on all my clients for the same price or I'll make no profit x

You definitely charge extra

Ive just purchased my first set of Olaplex.I got the mini kit to try it out,see if it was all hype...I did the stand alone treatment on a friend and it came out really well,made her hair felt great,,,,Will never fell like 'Virgin' hair again,but the quality was defiantly improved....I'm looking forward to trying it in my mixtures of bleach etc......Now just need to work out pricing,as the world want everything FREE or CHEAP....Yawn...xx

Great I'll do that too! I just don't know about prices [emoji30] x

Great I'll do that too! I just don't know about prices [emoji30] x
In Ireland, Olaplex is very expensive and stylists tend to charge an extra €30!! I recently tried Fiber Complex by QOD and feel it's even better, it also takes less time and is a lot cheaper. Olaplex were the first of it's kind but the industry has caught up now and are bringing out similar products at better prices. Schwarzkopf have one as well which I heard is good.

@jmoseley07 Think as a Olaplex as a solution to a problem, and by recommending it when it would help the client we are giving them the most professional service. You have to be clear about what it is and isn't otherwise they will think it is a conditioning treatment. I explain to clients with prelightened hair that it makes the hair stronger and "feel" more like heathy virgin hair and less brittle in texture like how bleached hair can feel, especially if they are trying to grow their hair. I will also offer it when prelightening/ balayaging hair especially if the client is going even lighter than before. It is easy to then say "we can do this... but lightening over prelightened hair will make it xxx but you have this stuff called olaplex we can use which will do xxxx" and give them the option. I tend to open the conversation by asking them "have you heard of olaplex?" which seems to be a good opener to dialgue.

I only recommed things that I belive clients will benifit from and almost everyone that I have recommened it too has had it. The more that you use it you will know what clients are more suited it it. If the hair feels dry = damaged cuticle they also need moisturising treatments to make it feel soft. Hair has poor elasticity/ breakage/ brittle texture use olaplex.

@jmoseley07 Think as a Olaplex as a solution to a problem, and by recommending it when it would help the client we are giving them the most professional service. You have to be clear about what it is and isn't otherwise they will think it is a conditioning treatment. I explain to clients with prelightened hair that it makes the hair stronger and "feel" more like heathy virgin hair and less brittle in texture like how bleached hair can feel, especially if they are trying to grow their hair. I will also offer it when prelightening/ balayaging hair especially if the client is going even lighter than before. It is easy to then say "we can do this... but lightening over prelightened hair will make it xxx but you have this stuff called olaplex we can use which will do xxxx" and give them the option. I tend to open the conversation by asking them "have you heard of olaplex?" which seems to be a good opener to dialgue.

I only recommed things that I belive clients will benifit from and almost everyone that I have recommened it too has had it. The more that you use it you will know what clients are more suited it it. If the hair feels dry = damaged cuticle they also need moisturising treatments to make it feel soft. Hair has poor elasticity/ breakage/ brittle texture use olaplex.

Thanks for your help, that's made a lot of sense x

Exactly how Adam said it is how I've introduced it :) I'm also a lower prices salon in a little village :) I always offer it and go through the shpiel of what it does, it gets tiresome repeating the whole bond building blah blah blah, but when your using it it makes life so much easier! I wish every client would have it! I always make sure they don't feel pressured to have it mind it's totally up to them, but Their hair is so nice because of it! I have clients asking me for it now before I ask which is nice because it proves it really works for them. I charge a flat rate of £20 for olaplex, then whatever the service they get costs, when I use 3ml in a colour I make awesome profit, my first bottle I only used 3 & 7.5 ml measures because I diddnt do any standalones, at £20 a go I'll let you work out my profit ;)

I like the idea of the £20 flat rate.. Good shout

Exactly how Adam said it is how I've introduced it :) I'm also a lower prices salon in a little village :) I always offer it and go through the shpiel of what it does, it gets tiresome repeating the whole bond building blah blah blah, but when your using it it makes life so much easier! I wish every client would have it! I always make sure they don't feel pressured to have it mind it's totally up to them, but Their hair is so nice because of it! I have clients asking me for it now before I ask which is nice because it proves it really works for them. I charge a flat rate of £20 for olaplex, then whatever the service they get costs, when I use 3ml in a colour I make awesome profit, my first bottle I only used 3 & 7.5 ml measures because I diddnt do any standalones, at £20 a go I'll let you work out my profit ;)
This is exactly what we do. My last small bottle I think I worked out we got 17 applications out of it but as we are doing more stand alones now I went for the big bottle this time. If the client has fine or shorter hair, I have halved the quantity for the stand alone and it still seems to be as effective otherwise it just felt like a waste!

This is exactly what we do. My last small bottle I think I worked out we got 17 applications out of it but as we are doing more stand alones now I went for the big bottle this time. If the client has fine or shorter hair, I have halved the quantity for the stand alone and it still seems to be as effective otherwise it just felt like a waste!
Hey there,do you have to have number 3 to sell to you clients to,in salons do they offer it in the price or completely separate to the cost of treatment and in colour service.x

I bought the 12 pack of number 3's and am gradually getting rid of them but not everyone who has the treatment buy it. Most of the clients have it in the colour and come every 6weeks anyway and feel the benefits last until their next colour so I don't push it! When I have done colour corrections I build it into the quote with the number 3 to take home included too but otherwise I just add on the olaplex application of £20 to their bill.

I bought the 12 pack of number 3's and am gradually getting rid of them but not everyone who has the treatment buy it. Most of the clients have it in the colour and come every 6weeks anyway and feel the benefits last until their next colour so I don't push it! When I have done colour corrections I build it into the quote with the number 3 to take home included too but otherwise I just add on the olaplex application of £20 to their bill.
I'm going to try the stand alone on another friend who has hair a bit more damaged from colour and see if i note more of a diff,,want to really believe in the product before i push it,as last person noticed no diff,but that might just be their hair type..x

How much do you sell the No3 for, from what I can gather its £20 on top of your service for the treatment and about £30 to purchase the No3
I'm really wanting to try this but just trying to cost it out

Hi, my number 3 retails at £30 which is reccomended RRP. I have sold my first pack of 12 so need to order my next lot in. I think I suprised myself as I'm not the best saleswoman but it sells itself!

Hi, my number 3 retails at £30 which is reccomended RRP. I have sold my first pack of 12 so need to order my next lot in. I think I suprised myself as I'm not the best saleswoman but it sells itself!

Thanks totally new to it and it's a bit confusing reading up on it as to the different mixing ratios for different treatments. It's reassuring to hear from someone actually using it tho

Latest posts

Back