Olympia Beauty 2014!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me! It's my first year working at the show, and I'm so excited to share with others!

Reading the posts from last years I feel as though I'm going to be dissappointed and wish I just did online shopping 🙈 I hope this isn't the case as I'm really looking forward to it but all I've read is that queues are horrendously long and there aren't really any deals to be had???? I was expecting to buy loads and loads cheaper than usual not queue up for hours just to pay full price.
Can anymore restore my confidence? 😬😬😬

My tickets came today!! So excited as staying in London for a long weekend too!! Xx

Reading the posts from last years I feel as though I'm going to be dissappointed and wish I just did online shopping 🙈 I hope this isn't the case as I'm really looking forward to it but all I've read is that queues are horrendously long and there aren't really any deals to be had???? I was expecting to buy loads and loads cheaper than usual not queue up for hours just to pay full price.

It is worth going to see all the new products that are due to be launched. Show exclusive deals etc.
To be honest I just love the atmosphere at the shows. Also some of the seminars are worth going to if you can xx

For me going to the big trade shows isn't about snapping up a bargain - stay at home and shop online if that's all you're after. The shows are about seeing what's new in the industry, having access to all the big suppliers, trying out new products, learning at the seminars, seeing the amazing talent at the nail competitions and meeting up with friends old and new :) trying out new treatments, you might see something that inspires you for your business....the list is endless! But it's certainly not just about shopping lol

Do you think it's better than pro beauty north? Can't decide wether to travel to Olympia or just wait for the Manchester show next month?x

I'm desperate to go, but I'm from just outside Glasgow and it is so expensive. :( might go to Manchester instead xx

I'm desperate to go, but I'm from just outside Glasgow and it is so expensive. :( might go to Manchester instead xx

I'm the same! I stay in Paisley and although had pre ordered my tickets I'm now realising I won't be able to go 😔! Thought I could make a weekend of it with the boyfriend - I thought we could go to London Friday to Monday and on the Sunday I could go do that and he could go to the pub ... All sounded perfect til I realised how much travel and accommodation would cost, let alone spending money and money for in there ! Xx

I'm the same! I stay in Paisley and although had pre ordered my tickets I'm now realising I won't be able to go 😔! Thought I could make a weekend of it with the boyfriend - I thought we could go to London Friday to Monday and on the Sunday I could go do that and he could go to the pub ... All sounded perfect til I realised how much travel and accommodation would cost, let alone spending money and money for in there ! Xx

Lol same, my 21st is the 23rd so it was going to be a birthday weekend. But train tickets accommodation, food then all the money to spend at the show i just can't afford it :( xx

Just received my badge. Woooohoooo 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Got my tickets today too, and prepaid the parking ....£25 for the day :eek: bit nervous about driving in there I have to say :Scared:

Received my ticket today :) any idea why it has Gold Member on the ticket?

Received my ticket today :) any idea why it has Gold Member on the ticket?

Don't know but must be something good. Maybe it's like Willy Wonky and you've got the golden ticket lol

Got my tickets today too, and prepaid the parking ....£25 for the day :eek: bit nervous about driving in there I have to say :Scared:

The way you will come in is really straight forward from Somerset. I'm not sure if they are still making improvements on that road though (once you know you are in London but still on the A4) which might slow things up. Sat Nav is a God send, I wouldn't feel the same without it. :)

The way you will come in is really straight forward from Somerset. I'm not sure if they are still making improvements on that road though (once you know you are in London but still on the A4) which might slow things up. Sat Nav is a God send, I wouldn't feel the same without it. :)

I've been checking the route on google maps and it does look pretty straight forward and will have the satnav too but I think I might need a stiff drink when I arrive lol

I know this won't help much but honestly, it's M4 in and that turns into the A4 and you stay on it all the way in until you actually come to Olympia and obviously turn left off the road in order to then go onto the car park.

The only bit you have to have your wits about you is making sure you're in the right lane to stay on that A4 once the area becomes more built up with other routes and traffic lights etc, but there are signs everywhere in order to keep you on track where it's the main route into central London.

I'm getting excited now, booked the hotel and the parking space and now discussing things to do on our break. The Husband wants to do the Ripper tour, so I'm hoping it won't rain and I want to get to Camden this time, but not on the Sunday! The thing I'm most looking forward to is breakfast in bed. :D

Mine says gold member as well, havnt got a clue what that means!!

Got my tickets through and don't have the nerve to open them as I'm so sad I won't be going 😢!!x

I got my badges for me and the girls in the post today! 😀 xxx

Latest posts

Back