Olympia Beauty 2014!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was against the disability Discrimination act to be honest. So I will be placing an official complaint. I wasn't treated with very much love and respect and I think that is about as much as I should say before I do place my complaint. I'm very upset. I was told no-one gets special treatment but I do not feel the DDA is special treatment. I thought it was law? Maybe I'm wrong?

There's no acceptable reason for you to be made to feel the way you're feeling Nikki. I'd certainly make a complaint if i felt i'd been discriminated against and i'd definitely be taking it further if that complaint wasn't upheld. Hopefully whichever company it was will recognise the colossal mistake they've made as this could be very damaging to their reputation unless handled extremely well... and quickly

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I cant wait to get there tomorrow, never waited for the Monday before always go sunday. Hope they still have plenty of stock left x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I cant wait to get there tomorrow, never waited for the Monday before always go sunday. Hope they still have plenty of stock left x

Snap, lets hope they had seperate stock for each day or we're in trouble :(

Snap, lets hope they had seperate stock for each day or we're in trouble :(

I've always worried out this when unable to be there on the opening day, but have rarely been disappointed.

I've always worried out this when unable to be there on the opening day, but have rarely been disappointed.

Fingers crossed then. I'll report back tomorrow ;) x

There's no acceptable reason for you to be made to feel the way you're feeling Nikki. I'd certainly make a complaint if i felt i'd been discriminated against and i'd definitely be taking it further if that complaint wasn't upheld. Hopefully whichever company it was will recognise the colossal mistake they've made as this could be very damaging to their reputation unless handled extremely well... and quickly

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree, it's not special treatment at all. I would be taking my complaint to the highest level if I were you. It's disgusting. People with disabilities should have as much access to everything at the show as any body else and if special provisions need to be made by exhibitors and Olympia to enable that then so be it! Why is it some brands were all to happy to help you and this one couldn't?

Does anyone know if you have to be registered with s2 to buy the lecente glitters ar the show?

I agree, it's not special treatment at all. I would be taking my complaint to the highest level if I were you. It's disgusting. People with disabilities should have as much access to everything at the show as any body else and if special provisions need to be made by exhibitors and Olympia to enable that then so be it! Why is it some brands were all to happy to help you and this one couldn't?

I have no idea, but I'm going to find out. I informed Olympia when I booked my tickets and they were also amazing and allowed me to have use of the staff room which was a great help for me.

I have no idea, but I'm going to find out. I informed Olympia when I booked my tickets and they were also amazing and allowed me to have use of the staff room which was a great help for me.

My Mum and I had a little annoyance with Olympia, but nothing like yours. She's got 2 new knees and wanted to sit and eat our own food. We didn't feel right about taking chairs up at the food stalls so decided to go upstairs to the gallery. After walking all the way round in search of the lift, it didn't work! And there was no one around to help. She isn't able to get up the 35 stairs so we had no option then to sit at a food place.

Not too bad for us but terrible for the bigger picture.

Karaxxx

Did anyone drive yesterday? Was parking good/easy? I'm planning on driving today xx

Did anyone drive yesterday? Was parking good/easy? I'm planning on driving today xx

I drove, got to the car park about 9.50am and got parked on level 4. I was impressed, it wasn't bad at all. Getting out was easy as well. I've not really driven in London so was quite nervous but ended up having a positive experience. Plus it meant we could put our bags in the car then go off for lunch!

No queue just walked straight in & out from S2 stand :D fab about to listen to Doug Schoon on stage :D

Arrived just before 10:00am, didn't have to queue at any of the stands, got everything I had written down on my list, met up with a few lovely geeks, then left before the crush :D

I went early on Monday. Was quiet and no waiting around for anything. Didn't get to look closely enough at every stall as was with my 69 year old mum who is not in the industry so felt it would be unfair to drag her round for hours and hours on end. Got a few bits and bobs. Thoroughly enjoyed London as was there for a break with mum visiting family that just "happened" to be when the show was on he he. Had a terrible time getting home because all the trains were in chaos because a mother and child were killed in suspicious circumstance at Slough station. Awful and put a downer on to the end of the trip as that is so tragic. Hope all you geeks got home ok xxxx

I loved it :) I drove and found it surprisingly easy! Met some lovely geeks, listened to Doug Schoons seminar and like a complete groupie got him to sign his book for me lol bought loads of goodies and can't wait for the next one :)

Latest posts

Back