olympia beauty show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxGemseyxx

Reaction score
hi ya

did any of you go to the show today?

what did you think.

i thought to be a bit bare compared to last year

just wondered .

:)

I was there...it was my first time, so i have nothing to compare it too but i thought it was fab i had a ball!!! I had to restrain myself spending any more money..lol. The Creative stand was great, as was Essie and The Edge...bit disapointed that Bio-Sculpture weren't there.

Did you see all those people having their teeth bleached??!!

Not busy at all and not a lot there to be honest. But I did get to speak to Mrs Geek!! ohh I feel so privilleged, she was lovely.
Did anybody watch the Entity demo? what did you think of the C curve sticks?
I was stood by the Etntity stand and was shockes and a bit discusted in one of their exhibitors reaction towards a bloke there. Let me explain, there was a stand at the back of their stall and no one was maning it and it had some lovely posters on, anyway along comes a group of students and start helping themselves to a few posters and walk off. this forementioned lad also helps himself, but to about six or seven piling them into bags. Anyway the Entity exhibitors comes charging over to him literly screaming "Those are not free, put them back, They are 15 pounds each'.
The lad appolgises but quite rightly points out that loads of people were helping themselves and he thought they were free. With that she grabbed his bags off him and started to read him the riot act to which he retaliated.
This went on for a few minutes and caused quite a scene, I got embarraced and moved away.
Now my point is that the lad was being a bit greedy but she could have let him keep one and politely informed him of the situation instead of her reaction. Secondly if someone had been there then it wouldnt have happened in the first place....Oh I love a bit of drama, though it was going to be sculptures at 50 paces :green:

I went today, must admit it wasn't as busy as i thought it would be.
Had a great time, met a few geeks, I plucked up the courage to say hello :)
Got to meet the Creative team that I have read so much about and watched Ketan Patel demonstarting a NNO...how fab was that !!
I was trying to explain to my mum who everyone was when I was stood there with my mouth down to the floor saying MUM...DO YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!...lol
All in all had a fabbo day :) :)

gemmac said:
hi ya

did any of you go to the show today?

what did you think.

i thought to be a bit bare compared to last year

just wondered .

:)

Yup, I thought there were a lot of major suppliers missing...and a lot of the ones that were there were on smaller stands than normal.

But the Nailympics are really what everyone goes there for...it was a massive entry, and nice to see a few usual suspects!

Prefered excel but that said I did get most of the stuff on my list and paid less then I expected to. Had a chat with Mrs Geek and she was lovely to my daughter:hug: but I was not realy happy that the organises were letting the general public in, it made it quiet hard for the sales teams to keep things out of untrained hands.
But the nailimpics was great and I guess thats what its realy all about.

Whats NNO?
I went today. Very quiet!! Loved the space that creative had. Ketan Demo'd on me!! What an honor. What a Diva he is!!!! Love him anyway. Definately missing something today. Just one request - Can someone do a french rebalance on a nail instead of a new nail. Most of us can make that look good. It might take us longer!!! I still managed to spend a small fortune. I would also love to to see speacial close up pictures of the nail competitors. Not just the winners but the NAILS!!

Latest posts

Back