Ombré/colour fade-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
I've had a right mare today!
My client requested the nails in the picture. Which I thought I could do because I had done it on a colour pop before.
Well firstly I messed up by doing the black first, only to find the red wouldn't show up on the black! So I had to remove & start over again.
I used a sponge from nail harmony to create the fade effect but I didn't like the finished product because 1. There were air bubbles in the black from the sponge... How do I stop this?
And 2. The black seeped into the cuticle & even though I tried to remove as much excess as I could it still looked mucky! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389043838.072346.jpg

Have you tried using the black additive powder over red? They are so easy to use for great ombré effects

No I haven't! Will definitely buy the black! I'm looking for a blue also? So I can create this look ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389048530.249824.jpg x

Using additive is really easy. This is blackpool Shellac with blue additive faded on top. Definitely give it a go :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389049062109.jpg
    1389049062109.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 191
Using additive is really easy. This is blackpool Shellac with blue additive faded on top. Definitely give it a go :) x

Thanks Helen. What colour additive is that? I want one I can but separate, not in the pack as I don't use them too often x

Its CND deep blue additive which comes in the A/W set but they do sell cerulean blue as an individual additive. I love all the sdditives in the set though. Theres so much you can do with them effects/colours x

The cerulean blue is lovely, I have used it loads last week ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389083925.254810.jpg

china.jpg

This was my first ever attempt of doing ombre nails.
Ive learnt that to get the best effect, you dont have to be really careful when doing the ombre. I slightly dab the sponge one, and like yourself, the white polish i used was a bit thinner than the other two colors, and i found there were little bubbles, so what i found was to build it up by obviously adding more, but also dabbing and slightly dragging the sponge down the nail to the free edge. A lot of people just dab, which i find does not look as effective. Slightly dragging the sponge with a little pressure got rid of the bubbles for me.
As for the paint getting onto the cuticles, you could always use masking tape around the cuticles.

Latest posts

Back