Ombré help-new client colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you've done a really great job! Well done xx

It looks nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. Good result! Hope its given you're confidence a boost! Considering what you started from i think you did very well & hopefully managed to keep the condition good x

Well done. Good result! Hope its given you're confidence a boost! Considering what you started from i think you did very well & hopefully managed to keep the condition good x

Thanks Sophiahoney. Yes it's definitely a confidence boost when i have been stressing for a few days about it and it comes out nice. The condition of her hair was my priority considering what she has done to her hair in the last 12 months or so. Surprisingly the condition was still good. I also told her we will be aiming for the warmer caramel tones but did not guarantee it would work. Can't wait for olaplex to come to oz!!!

Ok just an update on this colour. I had her booked in yesterday morning. She had stacks of box colour built up in the hair. I'm talking red, violet, black, bleach and the reds had been put in every couple of weeks. Even knowing all this i still went ahead 😱. Considering her hair was still strong and in fairly good condition. As I said in original post I'm inexperienced with this technique but am all about learning and a good challenge. I warned her with her history of colours it may not turn out but there is no way we can achieve the cooler tones. She was still keen and totally understood.

So I started with a bleach bath on roots to midlengths and then through the ends for the last couple of minutes and it lifted to that lovey orange.
Then used 5.01 and 3% on roots and took it down a few inches. Smudge in 1/2 7.01 and 1/2 6.01 and 3% and took down a few inches. Combed it through a bit and used powder and 6% on ends in a balayage technique.

The ends came up nice but the midlengths were still a bit warm. (Was debating using 9% on midlengths) Applied 7.01 and silver concentrate with 1.5% for 25 mins all over. Came up nice.

She was very happy with it but told her she needs to come back in 2 weeks for another toner to really stain the hair. She rebooked and paid in advance.

Is there anything different that you guys would have done? What I did notice was where the regrowth was (about 3-4 weeks) I could still see it if I looked really closely (she wouldn't be able to see it but I could only just see a slight difference). She was about a 6 base but it did lift a little when I put the bleach bath on. Because she went darker I didn't think it would still be noticeable. Should I have used a Demi instead of 3%? And the colour was still quite warm as well (on regrowth). Other then that it looked good considering what we started with.

All opinions/advise is welcome, good or bad 😊
View attachment 78506View attachment 78507View attachment 78508

This is beautiful, I wouldn't be worried about anything, her hair wasn't in great shape when you started and now it's beautiful. Well done!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back